Spike TV's New Direction - The End of TNA?

SpikeTV isn't dropping IW, as others have stated it's their highest rated program and nearly doubles the average rating of spike. Also, as stated already, spike is helping with the funding of going on the road, not likely they would be doing this if they were going to drop them, I mean really, why in the f**k would they shell out a significant amount of money to help go on the road if they were going to drop them and lose that money altogether..... On a side note, wrestlezone is a lil late on reporting this, it was reported on other sites right after the conference two weeks ago.

I'll believe it when I see it. Yesterday there was a marathon of "Deadliest Warriors" on Spike and already this summer they added three men-oriented new shows.

But Spike was never a true network for men to begin with. It has been a network for stupids, ran by stupids with trashy shows after trashy shows. Give me a real network for men with quality programs. Girls have the CW Network, there's no reasons guys can't have the equivalent of that.

I'll believe it when I see it. Yesterday there was a marathon of "Deadliest Warriors" on Spike and already this summer they added three men-oriented new shows.

But Spike was never a true network for men to begin with. It has been a network for stupids, ran by stupids with trashy shows after trashy shows. Give me a real network for men with quality programs. Girls have the CW Network, there's no reasons guys can't have the equivalent of that.

see i agree with you on this except for the cw part there shows for women suck too

when this story was posted alot of ignorant people posted without checking facts atleast you get what spikes original programming is about.

instead of people saying i dont like tna,i dont like ufc,i dont like csi reruns those three shows brings spikes its rateings

shows like deadliest warrior and manswers will never bring rateings or be able to generate advertiseing revenue

see i agree with you on this except for the cw part there shows for women suck too

when this story was posted alot of ignorant people posted without checking facts atleast you get what spikes original programming is about.

instead of people saying i dont like tna,i dont like ufc,i dont like csi reruns those three shows brings spikes its rateings

shows like deadliest warrior and manswers will never bring rateings or be able to generate advertiseing revenue

I wouldn't mind if they did neither, no TNA/UFC/CSI and or the rest of their crappy made-up shows. Just come up with a network for men that has quality programs. Things like TNA and UFC can always find themselves another network.

I wouldn't mind if they did neither, no TNA/UFC/CSI and or the rest of their crappy made-up shows. Just come up with a network for men that has quality programs. Things like TNA and UFC can always find themselves another network.

That sounds anti-productive. You're pretty much canning two major programs that actually draw on that field. Them being Spike's most successful ventures, one has to wonder why the hell they never bothered expanding that rather than airing potheads hillbillies answering questions to avoid getting their cars repossessed. They've always dropped TNA programs after their first season in Reaction and Epics. And they never really did much with UFC in later years. Only focusing on TUF and now PPV prelim fights. They used to air all sorts of specials for both all the time, but they instead sided with the unsuccessful original project. They wouldn't even keep Blue Mountain State.

Basically, either Spike focuses and expands TNA programming or it my very well change it's name to the CSI Network.

Moderator's Note: This topic is not about WWE vs. TNA so stop trying to make it about that. All off-topic posts have been deleted from the thread in order to prevent it from going off-topic even further. The next post that goes off-topic will be infracted.

So if I understand you correctly you are saying that if Spike drops TNA wrestling, then they are bums!

No. He's saying, they would be stupid to drop TNA and let UFC walk out when both shows make the channel relevant. Everything else is below average and reruns of CSI.

That's like losing your job and saying, fuck it. I'll just burn my house down instead of getting a new job.
On the other hand, this change in demographic programming is good for TNA when they are essentially the current version of 'Attitude Era' wrestling?
You like to believe what you want right?
Did you catch Impact last week? The Beer Money/Mexican America promo? Midstream America isn't gonna go for blatant racist rants from a beer-drinking, rebel flag wearing character. Sorry but the world has changed! ALOT!!!
Really? Stone Cold is still relevant.

It's not racist compared to R-Truth being a crazy black guy. Cryme Tyme being thugs. The R-Truth gimmick is beyond racist considering I live in the hood and I see guys like him often.
As for the sexual content of the show, it too would have to change.
Yeah, I doubt it.
It's not only Velvet Sky, but most of their ladies talent that would need a revamp and ODB comes to mind first. Sorry but a crotch-grabbing, liquor swilling bimbo character probably isn't going to sit well with Mom and Pop during primetime.
Since when did he say TNA is turning PG? FYI, ODB is not even signed as an active wrestler.

And I'm REALLY sure that 'the pigeons' are going to raise some eyebrows, but not in a good way.
Really? REALLY? REALLY!?

I hope TNA survives this change, but I'm not sure they do.
I know you would love that. It says they are looking to revamp with female viewers from 18-49.

NOT CHILDREN.

That sounds anti-productive. You're pretty much canning two major programs that actually draw on that field. Them being Spike's most successful ventures, one has to wonder why the hell they never bothered expanding that rather than airing potheads hillbillies answering questions to avoid getting their cars repossessed. They've always dropped TNA programs after their first season in Reaction and Epics. And they never really did much with UFC in later years. Only focusing on TUF and now PPV prelim fights. They used to air all sorts of specials for both all the time, but they instead sided with the unsuccessful original project. They wouldn't even keep Blue Mountain State.

Basically, either Spike focuses and expands TNA programming or it my very well change it's name to the CSI Network.

In a ideal World they would keep both TNA and UFC. I'm just saying if they don't, they could always look at themselves in a mirror and re-think what should be a "Men Network". It doesn't have to be crass things, even fight-oriented. Shows like The Sopranos are pretty much quality programming for men. If the girly girls have their own thing with the CW Network that cater to them, how about the male equivalent of that with original dramas exclusively for us?

But the best network for men would have:
-Fight oriented programming like UFC/Impact Wrestling(and other promotions and concepts

-original dramas in the style of the Sopranos/Mad Men, etc...

-Sports. I never understood why Spike never tried to put sport on their channel

-action movies. And I mean everyday. And not the typical ones like goddamn Star Wars marathons. It could be a mix of recent ones like Crank to old ones like the Bridge of the River Kuwai. They could shows gangster flicks, cowboy flicks, etc...(I'd rather have movies than their crass hillbilly shows)

i doubt that TNA is in trouble. The only way i see TNA being in trouble is if the programming reserve for woman's does better in the ratings then TNA. TNA is one of their biggest rated shows on the network behind the UFC and i doubt they will canceled it because of the new direction they are going for. Sure they might ask to change the product a little bit but outside of that i doubt they will canceled it in fact i think that even with the change in direction, the rumor of having Xplosion take one of the UFC timeslot will still go on.

I'm pretty sure Impact wrestling will be fine. They will be fine because they are spike tvs highest rated show. The only thing I can see happening is Spike asking TNA to tweak the product a little or maybe not at all.

Considering TNA/Impact Wrestling is the highest drawing original programming on the network, rebranding or not, I just can't fathom a scenario where TNA/IW is left out to dry simply because the channel intends direct their programming toward the 18-49 demographic.

To me, all this means is televised trash like "Manswers" will finally die and make way for less overly sexist and chauvinistic programming like it, and that's a win-win for everyone involved, because "Manswers" is fucking terrible, and so are all the shows like it that air on that station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back