Spartacus Returns ! Spartacus Vengeance is Here.

jacdnwarrior

Championship Contender
The tale of Spartacus has been told a number of times. A series from Starz now tells the story of the legendary rebel in a series. It all started with:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Premiered January 22, 2010. 13 Episodes

The story of how a Thracian named Spartacus is sold into slavery, trained to be a gladiator and what he endures in captivity. It starred Andy Whitfield as the title character.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena Premiered January 21, 2011. 6 Episodes

Was a prequel to the first and dealt with the rise of Spartacus' future owner, Batiatus. An owner of a gladiator school, who sends his gladiators to the arena as sport for the people of Capua. The focus follows slaves who will be part of the rebellion led by Spartacus, Gannicus an arrogant gladiator, Oenamaus his friend and future instructor of Batiatus' school and Crixus a new slave brought in to the Batiatus school
*(note this show was done after Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer and the producers were informed he would not be able to continue with the show. He gave his blessing for the show to continue and was replaced by Liam McIntyre. Andy Whitfield died September 11th, 2011)

Spartacus: Vengeance Premiered January 27th,2012 10 episodes

The third part in the Spartacus series has been on for about 10 episodes now.
Liam McIntyre stars as Spartacus. After escaping with the gladiators and slaughtering those who held them captive, the army of rebel slaves become a threat to the republic of Rome and are now being hunted down.

Have you seen any of the shows ?
What do you think of them ? Do you have a favourite ?
How do you think Liam McIntyre is doing in the lead role on Vengeance ?

I personally love Spartacus,Blood and Sand,Gods of the Arena and Vengeance. It is such a compelling and emotional action driven series,filled with memorable characters. I just stumbled on this show through the guide and it was the very end of the episode entitled "Shadow Games". I caught the last 15 minutes or so and I got to witness the epic battle between Spartacus and Crixus vs Theokoles and wow it was just so brutal and I friggen loved it! Watched the rest of the season and bought the dvd once it was released.

What drives Spartacus is not just the gruesome and brutal action but the actors of their respective characters. Most notably John Hannah as Quintus Lentulus Batiatus and Lucy Lawless as Lucretia. They both deliver powerful and almost convincing performances that really bring the show to a whole extra level. There is always high levels of drama and the actors do a brilliant job at capturing that in every scene.

As brilliant as Blood and Sand was and all the actors that participated in it,I never really picked a favorite character,until Gods of the Arena. As cool as Spartacus and Crixus are,Gannicus is the man. He just brings a certain type of swagger with him. Gannicus is just so laid back and free of concern, not taking himself too seriously. I think he is just both fun and a thrill to watch on screen. Of course his character makes a complete 360 half way through Gods of the Arena,he is still fun to watch.

As far as Vengeance is concerned,its obvious the first noticeable change is the lead role of Spartacus,now played by Liam McIntyre due to Former Spartacus lead Andy Whitfields untimely death. It seems a lot of people have a hard time adjusting to Liam as the new Spartacus but I like him. No disrespect to Andy but I think I prefer Liam in the role over Andy,I don't know why, he just looks more like a Spartacus to me. Another change over the season one and the prequel is that the plot is focus away from the arena and focused more on the rebellion side of it. I still have yet to watch the finale(which I will after Wrestlemania tomorrow)but it doesn't feel as big as I feel it should have been. While season 2 provides some big moments, it just feels like everybody is procrastinating half the season while not really doing anything,though I hear the finale is absolutely phenomenal. Still good but I just feel it could have been bigger.

With season two is drawing to a close,talks of season 3 have already begun. They have already cast a role for Gaius Julius Caesar and main antagonist Marcus Crassus. So it looks like season 3 could be the biggest yet and I'm already looking forward to it.

Sex,an abundance of curse words,ton of violence,I mean, as a guy, what more do you want in a show? If you have never heard of this show or watched,I seriously suggest you do. You will be blown away.

Yeah seen the finale when it came out man. Just an overall awesome show. It started of really slowly but like always starz produces quality. I just don't know how they do it.

I thought that BAS was just awesome and I thought how the hell are they gonna top this now? So what do they do? They come out with GOTA (IMO slightly better than BAS IMO).

So you are thinking there is just no way they can ever go above that. No, no not without Andy leading the rebels that is simply not possible... but something from all the chaos they once again nail the rebel girl's heart to the cross (yes I know pun intended) and deliver another masterpiece called Veangence.

It just to much By far the best show on TV that has been shown since 2010.

So are we allowed to kinda post spoilers on this show here?

Sure why not ? I love juicy tidbits of info. But what do you know and how did you come about this highly sensitive information ?

I think you misunderstood. By spoilers I meant telling about the events of the whole season 2 and the finale. Those would be spoilers for people who have not seen the show or haven't watched up to season 2 finale.

But never the less if you come in a thread called Spartacus Vengeance I would assume you would be aware that there are "spoilers". Besides the finale has been aired for some time so officially by this sites standards those are not spoilers.

As far as season 3 goes no I don't read into those spoilers (even if we would have some at this point) and I'm not a fan of spoilers in any shape or form.

Although as we know Spartacus is loosely based on history and those historical facts I am aware off (most of you are too...at least the ending).

I think the director stated in the interview that he is taking as many historical known facts as there are into consideration while making this masterpiece. If you ask me that means that he will take every single historical based character who chased after Spartacus (he has done it so far.. Batiatus, Verinius and Glaber are all history based) and put them into this series in future seasons. So basically the ones who know their history will know the future events.

Question would be if those historical known facts should be wrapped into spoiler tags or not :disappointed:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back