• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spam e-mail

Blade

"Original Blade"
Ok, so I was bored last night I decided to check my junk mail in my hotmail account.
Of course, it was full of those e-mails that were like "You have inherited 7 billion dollars from a wealthy business man who is dying and wants to leave you the money. PLEASE GIVE US YOUR BANK DETAILS SO WE CAN GIVE YOU THE MONEY!!"

For fun, I opened one. It said that there was a wealthy investor from Singapore who died in an accident 22 years ago. Apparently he has 12.7 million dollars in the bank that no one had collected since his death because he had no next of kin, and because I had the same second name as him so I would be given the money. I had to give all my details.

So I replied:
Hey there Nick,

What was the investor's name? Surely if I am not next of kin, giving me this money on that premise would be illegal?

If you still wish to give me the funds, you can just give me them through paypal, you understand that I don't want to give out my details, you could be anyone! Paypal is a very trust worthy system, I have used it many times.

Or better yet, give the money to charity. I have no need for it, I myself am wealthy enough.

Thank you,

I'm curious to see how the "representative" of the "investor" will respond..

i also sent one of the "Nigerian diamond mine" scam an e-mail that said. "Me no speaky engly".

Without looking I have 300 emails in my inbox. Stupid facebook emailing me to tell me my friend has just breathed. :disappointed:

EDIT: 380

Edit: and I only cleaned it out yesterday.

I really can't wait to get the reply e-mail, whoever wrote it obviously speaks no english and is using a translation dictionary because to quote the person who wrote it "While this problem is not yours to be..."

You should just act like you have no idea it's a scam, but still don't wanna give your details away.

I should just give them a bunch of random information. I can't really give them my details because I don't have a bank account or any of that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back