• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sony VAIO Techs

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Useless.

My computer got Blue Screen errors, kept restarting by itself. Ran diagnostics, and there was a memory issue, it said to take it to the manufacturer. I figured, "Alright, whatever... it probably suffered from the bathtub curve in manufacturing when they installed the RAM." In addition to all this, I got startup errors as well. Tried to restore to an earlier point, that didn't work. Also, going into startup recovery was extremely difficult to begin with. The computer flat-out did not want to go into recovery.

Took it to the Sony store, got it back today. They said they ran tests, everything was fine. Brought it home, started it up... Startup error and it wouldn't even go to Startup Recovery. At this point, I'm bullshit. Call them, ask exactly what they did. He told me to reformat the hard drive. Reformatted the hard drive, and get a message saying I needed the Windows Installation Disk, BECAUSE THE PRIMARY FILE TO INITIATE WINDOWS 7 WAS MISSING.

Called again, let him know that I needed the disk, and he told me to bring it back because the hard drive is probably fried.

Brought it back and the fucking prick had the nerve to be bullshit and an all-around dick as I dropped it off.

I dropped $700 on this, because I wanted a good quality computer that would last. I was expecting to have this for 4-5 years. And here I am in month two having major problems.

Don't get a Sony laptop.

Sounds like you hit some idiots in the repair shop.

At least you didn't get a Dell. Fuckers won't let you update the Drivers.

Mah gawd, how dare you have to pay to replace a screen. That obviously proves Sony VAIO laptops are shit.

Actually, Sony computers are usually some of the best on the market. You just got a lemon.

That's what I thought too. I did a lot of research on this before buying, because I fully intend on using it not only for personal use, but for school and work as well.

My friends were telling me there was a lemon law on laptops where if after a certain amount of days, the laptop is still having problems, I can either ask for a replacement or my money back. I had never heard of this, but I'm sure you can provide some insight on that.

I broke my screen for that shit, costs 160 to buy a new one and it's a sony vaio too.

$160 is a relative bargain for a broken LCD, considering that my friend who cracked his Dell's while he was drunk got quoted I think double that for a replacement. I'd be psyched if that was all I had to pay for a replacement LCD screen including labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back