Sony Andriod Smartphone Xperia Play

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
xperiaplay_01_1297056418.jpg

This is the Sony Xperia Play(playsation Phone to some) It is an handheld mashed together with a android smart phone. The system promises support from big game publishers. Some new versions of FIFA 10, Guitar Hero and Assassin's Creed announced plus around 50 more games in development already.

From IGN:
The device's slide-out 4-inch touchscreen display and full PlayStation-style control system, including shoulder buttons, action buttons, dual analogs, and a d-pad, will allow players to play any game, regardless of whether it is a PlayStation classic or Android-based title, with a traditional control scheme. The Xperia Play is powered by a 1GHz Snapdragon process with an embedded Adreno GPU, which Sony Ericsson says will deliver graphics at 60 frames per second. It is expect to be released sometime in March.

Other features include a 5.1-megapixel camera with LED flash, GPS support, Wi-Fi hotspot functionality, 400MBs of memory, and expandable microSD storage. Sony Ericsson says the Xperia Play will be capable of up to 5 and a half hours of game play time and over 8 hours of talk time on a single charge.

No price details have yet to be announce but with all that hardware I wouldn't expect it to be very cheap. More details of the device, including wireless service provider support expected to be revealed over the next few weeks.

So What does everybody think of this? With the NGP(PSP2) and this coming out, is this a smart move for Sony?

Whats your impression on the device overall?

To be honest, I was actually thinking about and willing to wait to get the phone but I changed my mind. I'm not a traveling portable gamer kind of guy because no matter what, the games will always be second rate compared to console games. You also got the NGP or PSP 2 coming out this year, which I'm sure will be more powerful gaming-wise, than this phone.

Design-wise, I don't like the layout of the gaming controls. I don't like how it's all white and "prototype looking". That's just how I feel...

I'm sold. this looks fucking awesome. I'm a sony kind of guy. Sony is my favourite brand, This is way better for me then an I phone, I loved my psp when I owned it, the only problem was I'm a jeans guy, If I can't fit shit in my pockets it stays at home. This on the other hands, is phone sized yet it will be able to play a few of the good games sony has to offer? Count me in.

The only problem I can see is it's not next G, wich could be a big problem for people in Australia. Hopefully they fix that. if they can I shall be buying this phone some how.

This feels like a much better concept than the "PSP2". Let's face it, the majority of the market for handheld gaming seems to be kids. Older audiences use their phones because, as Sparky said, if it doesn't fit in your pocket than it becomes seriously inconvenient.

I'm not sure how Sony having two products released around the same time (that are this similar in concept on top of that) is going to work out though. They are literally going to be in direct competition with themselves on top of having to compete with Nintendo's 3DS. Not to mention that the 3DS has alot more hype around it and will have been on the market for 7-8 months ahead of Sony's two devices.

With all that said, and putting my love of Nintendo aside, I have to admit that this phone idea is most likely the one I will buy. At this point in my life, the less amount of things to carry around the better. Having a phone and my gaming wrap together in one nice little package is a much more practical and appealing choice for me. I didn't see anything about music playing, but I think it's safe to assume that it will be there as well. Hopefully it won't be too godamn expensive.

Well fuck if I would of know something like this was coming out I might have not got the Xperia X10. I love Sony phones and this one looks like I'd love it too. It's 2 great and handy things rolled into one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back