Sometimes Chemistry Is Better Than Ability

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So I've been listening to Alive Or Just Breathing by Killswitch Engage and surprisingly have been listening to it much more than my other Killswitch albums (End Of Heartache, As Daylight Dies) and I realised while I still feel Howard Jones (singer on The End Of Heartache and As Daylight Dies) was technically a better singer than Jesse Leach (singer on Alive Or Just Breathing) he didn't have the same chemistry with the other members.

One could make the same arguement for Roth era Van Halen and Hagar era Van Halen. While Hagar was technically a better singer he didn't gel as well as Roth did.

I think this is a reason that supergroups don't last that long, very rarely does a supergroup put out three albums. While they may all be friends and get along, working chemistry is something different and can't be forced really.

I agree totally. I've been in in 6 different bands and I keep going back to my first one (minus one member) because the chemistry isn't there in the other ones. Some of us have branched off and formed different bands with each other but that's why we go back to the core group we had. We're all really close friends and it impacts a lot of what we do. We can read each other and figure out where everyone's mindset is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back