Something about the undertaker ive always wanted to know.

Burrows94

Dark Match Winner
This has been my question for a while, During 2003(4) Cant remember the exact year, at survivor series when undertaker was kayfabe buried alive, Why did it happen? He was buried alive in bragging rights because he was injured and needed surgery, But why did he in 2004? Was it because they felt the big evil gimmick just didn't work? please someone explain :)

It was just probably because they wanted him to return to the dark side and take on Kane at WrestleMania XX.. there may not even be a reason..

The American Bad Ass was a poor gimmick. The man himself has admitted it. The Buried Alive match helped set up the Kane vs Taker match at WM20 thanks to Kane's interference.

Vince was running amuck on Smackdown, Kane was on a roll. The next night he chokeslammed WH Champion Goldberg.

I disagree Numbers, The Bad Ass wasn't an awful gimmick. I always admired the fact that Taker could cut a 'real' promo without the shackles of the Deadman persona. Also his feud with Brock was killer.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed it at the time especially his heel run. But it doesnt stand up too well looking back and his ring work was an all time low. But he admitted he didnt enjoy it. The Brock feud was good, but not great, at the time Lesnar could pull a great match out his ass.

Being the Deadman with his current limited schedule and MMA style moves has done wonders for his ring work.

That's the truth Numbers, for a man plagues with nagging injuries, the man can still put on a match.

Yeah, I enjoyed the Bad Ass gimmick for the quality promos (especially during the 'Respect' angle) but he was at his weakest in the ring during that gimmick.

The reason he took time off? To help build up for a big return at WrestleMania with a different gimmick.

I loved the Bad Ass gimmick, but you could see Taker wasnt at his best physically at that time.

If he had been in better shape the gimmick would have been even better.

"It's time for your Olympic Hero...to take his last riiiiiide!"

"You will become the first casualty...of Dead Man Incorporated!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back