• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Someone Sell Me On Metalcore

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
I just can't seem to get into it. I mean the music's good but I hate the vocals.

I've tried listening to some bands (Rise TO Remain, Bring Me The Horizon etc) and I just can't get into it, the vocals ruin it for me because of the constant screaming.

Wierd thing is I like Pantera and loads of punk music.

So can someone try and sell me on a decent metalcore band

Most Metalcore is a fucking abysmal fusion of things that are great separately. It's why you feel like you should like it, but you are most assuredly correct in not liking it. Don't let any response in this thread change your mind.

Hatebreed is now more metal core. Bury Your Dead, All That Remains, God Forbid are a few kick ass metal core bands out there. Trivium ad if I was't durnk I"d give you a few more. Oh check out Gof Forbid, they are aseome

Why are you trying to like something you're not into? Stick with crust punk.

Well the music for most metalcore bands are good, I just hate the vocals, I'm trying to find one that I can tolerate.

Hatebreed is now more metal core. Bury Your Dead, All That Remains, God Forbid are a few kick ass metal core bands out there. Trivium ad if I was't durnk I"d give you a few more. Oh check out Gof Forbid, they are aseome

>Start spelling with proper spelling and grammar.
>Say that that you're drunk in the middle of that and start misspelling everything afterwards.

I smell something fishy. :suspic:

ANYWHO. I can't. MetalCore is God awful. Bring Me The Horizon is a terrible band, as are other bands of the genre like Black Veil Brides.
As RKOTW said, All That Remains and Trivium are good. Only thing is, I don't consider them MetalCore. Trivium maybe slightly, but ATR sings way more than they scream.

Metalcore, a steel-fire spherical Pokemon. It's the evolved form of Hardcore, a rock-fire spherical Pokemon. Just like real metalcore, it sucks. Competitive battlers should stay away from it.

>Start spelling with proper spelling and grammar.
>Say that that you're drunk in the middle of that and start misspelling everything afterwards.

I smell something fishy. :suspic:

ANYWHO. I can't. MetalCore is God awful. Bring Me The Horizon is a terrible band, as are other bands of the genre like Black Veil Brides.
As RKOTW said, All That Remains and Trivium are good. Only thing is, I don't consider them MetalCore. Trivium maybe slightly, but ATR sings way more than they scream.

I stopped typing this while I was drinking, came back and saw it, so I finished what I was typing. Two Four Lokos later that is. ATR sings a bit more from there newer album but This Darkness Heart is pretty Kick ass.

Metal Core isn't really that bad either. I mean personal opinions of course, but, if you don't like it may be listening to it isn't the best thing for you. I feel the way you do with Death Core, and Grind Core. Good music, crushing sound but, they sound like they deep throat the mic so it just aggravates me.

If you don't like the screaming vocals, then you're not going to like metalcore. If you want to keep giving it a chance however, here are some bands I've listened to over the years (take into consideration I haven't been too involved in the hardcore or metal scenes for a few years now.)

Norma Jean - Especially their first album Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child

Underoath - "They're Only Chasing Safety" was my favorite album for quite some time.

As I Lay Dying - They're classified as metalcore, but they're more melodic metal in my opinion.

A Life Once Lost
Darkest Hour
Haste the Day

Just a few bands I can think of here. If I had my CD collection near by I'm sure I could give you a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back