Some questions that aren't shit and that nobody will be able to answer.

Gelgarin

Gentleman of the Old School
Because apparently posting questions is fun. Identify the following wrestlers. I have tried to construct clues that cannot be used in conjunction with Wikipedia. Winner gets nothing. No rep or respect. They do get the satisfaction of provimg me wrong though because I'm on record as stating that nobody will be able to answer any of these.

Identify the wrestler.

Wrestler 1

An Olympic gold medalist who made the transition into professional wrestling.

Generally considered to be the first man ever to win a world heavyweight championship via disqualification.

A former AWA world Heavyweight champion.

Wrestler 2

Once famously submitted Lou Thesz with a torture rack.

In terms of average gate he was the highest drawing main event wrestler during the 1950's

Fans once initiated a riot at Madison Square Garden in response to him getting bust open by his opponent.

Wrestler 3

A former AWA tag team champion.

Closed up his career working as the mastked character 'Texas Red' (who wore a white mask for some reason).

Post career he discovered and trained two world champions who held victories over Hulk Hogan.

That should be enough to be going on with. Enjoy yourselves.

Gagne does have the MSG riot (although not for the reasons specified), he was not the 50's top draw however. Submission over Thesz I can't say with any certainty but I highly doubt it.

I'd say you were closer guessing him for number 2.
Gagne never fought at the Olympics. Competed far too late for the first DQ title change. He was an AWA World Heavyweight champion though.

No. He was essentially retired by the 1950's and I don't know if he ever worked the garden. He undoubtedly submitted Thesz a great many times, though I can't imagine he ever used a torture rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back