• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some notes on Home Alone

jmt225

Global Moderator
I know I'm not the only one who watched this, as it was on for over 24 hours straight on the Fox Movie Channel, and well... I noticed a few things since it was my first time watching the film in my adult life (I've watched #2 a couple of times in the past few years since it was on HBO a lot, but not the first one since I was a kid).

Kevin's family pisses me off. Seriously, what a bunch of assholes. First of all, if my uncle called me a jerk like that when I was 8-years-old, my mom and other family members would have chewed his ass out. So, that's one thing, but also, what type of mother sends their son to a room he's fearful of as a punishment? That's just terrible. Moreover, her reaction when Kevin said, "Everybody in this family hates me!" was so fucked up. Instead of comforting him, letting him know that no one really hates him, she acts like a 10-year-old and comes back with, "Then maybe you should ask Santa for a new family." Seriously, what type of shit is that to say to an 8-year-old when he was upset? Hell, I didn't blame Kevin for wanting a new family, and if I were him, I never would have wanted any of those scumbags back. And thinking about it, #2 is even worse when they know damn well that Buzz baited Kevin, yet Kevin is the one who gets trouble? I love these two movies, but that family is fucking lame as hell.

Okay, but enough of that. This is by far the funniest moment in the movie:

[YOUTUBE]tvkZF7E13_A[/YOUTUBE]​

I literally laughed my ass off. I had forgotten all about that part. No scream queen in history could ever top that.

And lastly, while watching this, I realized that Macaulay Culkin is a true American hero. Think about this... he's filthy rich, hasn't had to work in years, is currently banging Mila Kunis, and starred in a movie that will forever make families happy every single year around Christmas time. What more is there to accomplish in life?

Another thing about #2. When Buzz starts it by doing his candle dance or whatever, EVERYONE IS WATCHING HIM and yet Kevin gets in trouble. The kid pulled off a miracle in the first movie, yet he gets treated like crap. God bless American cinema and retellings of It's a Wonderful Life.

Nope, they even do Robot Chicken sketches together, it's that close of a relationship!

The other thing I find annoying about the family is how there's a sudden change for them when they reach Paris, you get the girl actually feeling sorry for Kevin while Buzz is like "I don't give a shit" and say he's a kid who deserves what's coming to him, yet at the end he's changed his ways because Kevin proved him wrong? This is the same twat who ate Kevin's pizza and says Kevin is the one who deserves what's coming to him!

The other thing about #2, why the heck was Kevin's tie in the bathroom and not in his bedroom/wardrobe?

The other thing about #2, why the heck was Kevin's tie in the bathroom and not in his bedroom/wardrobe?

Haha... yeah! And how come in #1 there's a doggy door, but yet they don't have a dog?

Also, did it bother anyone else that Kevin didn't eat his Macaroni and Cheese before the robbers came? I would have at least taking a bite out of it... lol.

My parents and I were pointing some of the flaws in this movie out last night:

1.) It all could have been avoided if Kevin called the cops and said, "Hey, my parents left me home alone on their trip to Paris. There have been two robbers scouting out the house and they said they were coming around nine to rob me while I'm in the house."

2.) The McAllisters have a real nice house, and the rest of the houses on the block aren't that nice.

3.) The amount of injuries Pesci and Stern sustained would have killed them. Pesci would have been very paralyzed after he slipped on the stairs the second time, where he landed on his neck and then did a full flip to the ground.

4.) Not only are the McAllisters ********s, but they also are annoying with their running all over the place.

5.) The airport would have made accommodations given the situation. At the very least, the mother would have been able to be put on standby as she trekked through airports, and someone would have been selfless enough to give up their seat for her.

Haha... yeah! And how come in #1 there's a doggy door, but yet they don't have a dog?

Probably for the tarantula, that thing was huge!

Another thing in #2, they take a copy of the Dad's Credit Card, but naturally for any transaction to take place he has to sign for it (she even mentions this when he signs into the hotel), how the hell did they manage to trace the card without the authorisation signature to even check if the card was a fake or not? Bet she got fired shortly after!

Always got to love this moment:

[YOUTUBE]/v/_Ws5pimN4mw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back