So Who's Next for AJ ?

Pedro08

Pre-Show Stalwart
Based on the results of tonight's PPV, who's next up for AJ? I would love it to be Jeff Hardy, but I don't know because of all he legal problems. So I'm guessing that leaves Samoa Joe cashing in his Feast or Fired briefcase.

Anyone else notice that now that Kurt Angle has lost his last title shot for 2010, there is suddenly a lack of top level single babyfaces? Morgan and Hernandez are tagging together, so that leaves Joe and who else? I don't even know if Joe is a babyface. I'm just going by him facing Desmond Wolfe.

I hope this doesn't end up like WCW, where everyone was a 'tweener babyface/heel. It gets kind of annoying after awhile.

How about a disappointed Sting coming back to beat some sense into his former understudy who's strayed from the path and joined Flair?

How about Mr. Anderson since he absolutely belongs in the main event?

How about Sean Waltman? He showed he can still go tonight, and while I don't want to see him go over AJ, I'd love to see them feud for a month or two.

How about Daniels? No idea how you work it story-wise but those two put on a clinic every time they step in the ring together.

Seriously, there's no shortage of options here. The sky is the limit.

Desmond Wolfe hes excellent in the ring can cut a decent promo and him and aj could put on solid matches so i think hes next in line if not him then samoa joe cause he already has the briefcase and is a machine and doesnt bobby lashely have a title shot from winning that turkey bowl thing or watever?

AJ is going to be heel or he already is after what he did tonight he hit Kurt with the belt after Flair aggressavley told him to do and Flair said screw Kurt AJ is the future and grestest TNA champ ever.

I THINK HOGAN SHOULD STRIP AJ OF THE TITLE AFTER HE SCREWED ANGLE LIKE THAT

MAYBE THEY WILL GIVE SCOTT HALL A SHOT A FINALLY MAKE HIM CHAMPION

I KNOW HE SAID HE IS NOT GO WRESTLE BUT MAYBE IF WE ARE LUCKY HOGAN WILL COME OUT AND BEAT AJ FOR THE TITLE THAT WOULD BE GREAT AND AWESOME AND THE RATINGS WOULD GO THROUGH THE ROOF IF HOGAN HAD MORE AIR TIME

IM COOL WITH ANYTHING ASLONG AS JARRETT DOES GET A SHOT OR THE TITLE HOGAN AND DIXIE SHOULD JUST FIRE HIM ALREADY HE IS A WANT TO BE AND A NEVER WAS

Personally, it should be Samoa Joe. He has the Feast or Fired case, and will probably cash it in. It is the most logical. However, I saw one other person who makes the most sense; Sting. It would play into the story of Old School respect, and seeing his mentor return to the "dark side". The other people have current issues, or, in Jeff Hardy's case; too much baggage.

First of all the WHOLE PPV except AJ vs Angle was total bogus. Nothing of any importance happened. Kennedy is back, yay.

Angle vs AJ and the ending? ... BRILLIANT! I can't say I didn't see it coming but IMO this is exactly what AJ needs at this time - a heel turn and Flair as his manager. Awesome.

As far as what's next in line for AJ..um people, it's AJ! As long as he's in the ring with WHOEVER it is and this new heel thing and Flair, it is going to be good.

Personally I would go with Mr.Anderson..Anderson. ( how good of an idea was to have him be a heel too huh ). Honestly I don't really care who's next, AJ's a heel and I can't wait to see what he'll do. I've always wanted to see a really well rounded Heel like that. I'm just one of those guys that love heels, I don't know...

Immediate feud will continue to be Kurt Angle, regardless of the fact that he lost his last title shot in 2010. He'll still remain relevant, likely via a three-way match that he somehow gets on his side.

Outside of Angle, however, if in fact AJ is full-blown heel again, I'd imagine Sting would make his return soon to – as someone before me so aptly put it – pull AJ back in from venturing down the "wrong path" with Flair.

Well I for one would love to see Hardy and Styles clash. I mean he shows up at 1/4 impact and paints a picture and then the next week he's gone. So this will be the perfect time for him to feud.. or until he goes to prison or something in a month or so ;)

If above ain't possible.. then I'll have to go with the pope on this one. It'll be a a great way to have him be in the main event and am a huge fan of his.

But with Aj as heel.. he could feud with anybody he likes and it'll still be classic.

AJ as a heel is very questionable cuz last time he was a heel it was just terrible. He was more comedic relief that anything. But i believe with Flair by his side it could work. Id personally would love to see Samao Joe face AJ next.

he can defiantly work well as a heel, his last run as a heel was not that amazing, but all of the other ones were excellent. since kurt has no more opportunities at the championship, i gotta go with Joe or Anderson, but i believe that eventually Sting will get into the mix some way. very compelling to see what happens next.

I KNOW HE SAID HE IS NOT GO WRESTLE BUT MAYBE IF WE ARE LUCKY HOGAN WILL COME OUT AND BEAT AJ FOR THE TITLE THAT WOULD BE GREAT AND AWESOME AND THE RATINGS WOULD GO THROUGH THE ROOF IF HOGAN HAD MORE AIR TIME

IM COOL WITH ANYTHING ASLONG AS JARRETT DOES GET A SHOT OR THE TITLE HOGAN AND DIXIE SHOULD JUST FIRE HIM ALREADY HE IS A WANT TO BE AND A NEVER WAS
take a dollar, run down to the corner store and buy yourself a clue.

Scott Hall as champion? ROFL thats the funniest thing yet! wait!!! Hogan taking the title, thats pretty hilarious also!

why would you say something as moronic as "Strip AJ of the title"? thats what wrestling is all about, intrigue, deceit, and drama. besides, AJ was way overdue for a heel-turn.

granted, the card could have been a lot better, but remember, this is a rebuilding period, its going to take a while for all the pieces to fall into place.

so if you are that disappointed, go back to watching the big E

And revisionist history will strip everyone who ever won a title by cheating. You'd be looking at an empty record book. There's a reason why they call Ric Flair "The Dirtiest Player In The Game". Stop at nothing to win.

Scott Hall is a hasbeen. He said it himself, he looks awful in tights right now. Scott Hall as a champion would be the biggest blunder TNA could ever make. Except for...

And let's sign Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, and every other legend and go back to 1985. I'm as big a Hogan fan as anyone, but you're kidding yourself if you think Hogan with the title would be big for ratings. It would be a DISASTER for TNA. For once Hogan is doing something FOR THE BUSINESS, not for himself. At least that's what it looks like so far.

The only thing you said in this that makes sense, assuming you meant that Jarrett should NOT get a shot at the title.

I love seeing AJ's heel turn, anything that has involved Flair over the years is gold (4 Horsemen, Evolution, even his stint as Raw GM). I can't wait to see where this ends up going long term.

First of all, stop fucking yelling.

Scott Hall as champion? are you serious? maybe, over a decade ago that'd be a reasonable proposition, but now he's only a sad, out of shape alcoholic.

Hogan, beating AJ Styles for the title? Now I don't watch TNA that much at all, but I know that AJ Styles is probably the brightest, best TNA's got. and for him to lose to a 50 something year old man who has had countless back and knee surgeries and is balding would be a blow to AJ's credibility.

i dont have an answer to your last sentence/paragraph because i don't know what the fuck a "WANT TO BE AND A NEVER WAS" is.

The obvious answer is Sting. I predict the same exact program that he had with WCW when he was in the rafters, and given the developments it would work.

Looking at who we know will get a shot , Lashley and Joe, with both being heel they will not be in the hunt at this time now that AJ crossed the line. The only other person I can think of if they are going with the youth movement is Hardy but he kinda has to debut first.

Guys...please, don't feed the trolls. Seriously, who actually believes Scott Hall could (Still? Ever!) be a credible World Champion?

On topic- I think that Joe is still a heel...just not being booked right. Wolfe is obviously a heel (thank god he didn't end up with World Elite on the cutting room floor, huh?), Daniels (who SHOULD be a main eventer) is a heel. While the prospects are bleak, it's not as bad as it seems.

Jeff Hardy- Probably TNA's Best acquisition. 6 months ago this guy was a very believable World Champion, being pushed to the Moon by WWE. If TNA fails to parlay this into success, then i don't feel bad when/if they fail. This is a big deal, and was definitely the biggest deal on Monday night.

Mr. Anderson- Probably the best "face" choice, as far as wrestling talent, promo ability, and being recognized. Again, TNA should capitalize on the fact that Kennedy got a HUGE push several times in WWE. He should be a no-brainer as TNA champion.

Sting- This makes the most sense. He still has gas in the tank, he can cut great promos, and has plenty of emotion and charisma to make this story great. Obviously he could return, and voice his displeasure with Styles. Could be great.

Honestly, i think they should put the title on Sting, have Joe cash in his Feast or Fired, win the title, and feud with Anderson. That would be their best bet, while keeping Sting/styles important, and making Angle feud with Wolfe again. I think their feud was cut way too short anyway.

I dont know who is next for AJ, but i do know whoever it is will earn his shot. Clear Samoa Joe have that brief case and deserves a shot, but that have to keep him in his dominant character, not that cry baby character less than a year ago. Course you have Wolfe and if all come together for him Jeff Hardy. TNA has many choices. All i ask is for no Gimmick matches, no cluster F**k who is the new champion matches, and no more 1 PPV rivaries. Extend that Sh*T. Lets hear it for the new TNA

With AJ making a heel turn, and screwing Angle out of the title, I can see Hogan telling AJ he messed up, and Angle deserves a rematch, no matter the stipulation that he'd get no more shots this year.

If the feud with Angle is over, or shortly after it ends (if it continues), then I'd think it's Samoa Joe stepping up. Lashley is going to be away for a while, so he won't be cashing in his shot, and there's no one else sitting in the main event scene, now that Hernandez and Morgan have been knocked down a peg.

It will be Joe next. Then eventually Sting, when he returns and demands a title shot (as usual)

Flair will cause Sting to lose to AJ in the title match.

Sting vs. Flair at some big PPV, Slammiverary or BFG.

I'd love for AJ's next opponent to be Sting. Sting could be all disappointed in the fact that he passed the torch to the man who wound up an ass. Which of course would lead to more Sting - Flair moments, which would be interesting.

If, however, Hogan were to do as NSL said, and have Angle wrestle AJ one more time, even after what he said, then I can't see AJ winning again, and if TNA, or more so Hogan, want to make AJ a big star, having him lose the title won't help.

Should Samoa Joe step up, will he automatically be thrown into contension or will he cash in his case and decide when and where the match will be a la RVD and One Night Stand? I certainly hope he would be just place into contension, as Joe should hold on to the case for most of the year I feel.

Either way, AJ as a heel is going to make for some interesting television.

There are alot of guys that could challenge.

I don't see Styles heel turn as finished yet, so I see them having him feuding with Tomko and finishing his complete turn in a few weeks.

Now there are a few issues with immediate challengers due to other feuds going on.
Abyss/Lashley, Wolfe/Dinero, Daniels/Morley, Hernandez/Morgan -vs- British Invasion, Beer Money -vs- The Band.

The only top guys I can think of available are Joe, Anderson, Hardy, Jarret, Foley, Steiner, Tomko, and Sting.

Hardy's legal issues would make it foolish to put him in that situation right now. Tomko doesn't have the steam he did back in 2007, and Foley wouldn't make that much sense. Anderson just doesn't click for me, I don't wanna see him in the main event and I don't think he makes that much sense right now.
Joe is such a bad-ass right now (or building back to it, kinda slacked off the last 2 weeks) that they really need to let him just be the psychological badass that CM Punk played with Edge, constantly rubbing in he could cash in at any time.

Steiner is/was a heel. I could see him playing the face to AJ's heel, and I could see it working, but he was on such a role as a heel I don't wanna see him turn. That leaves Sting, which can be awesome.

Now, if I was booking it I would say Abyss first, then Pope, then Joe, but let AJ carry it until the first PPV in 2011 where the undefeated Angle (for months and months he doesn't lose) gets another shot. It would be amazing, if AJ can go until next year without losing too much steam

What TNA could do is have Morgan/Hernandez drop the titles to Beer Money and then let Morgan and/or Hernandez go after AJ. But this will probably not happen immediately - they'll want to build up AJ first, with small feuds/matches (and perhaps even recruiting more people to his faction - he's already got Flair), and then as we approach Lockdown something like this happens to set up a three-way, imo.

Who the hell is it?

at one point Angle Daniels Joe Lashley Tomko and I believe Hernandez were all the #1 contender.

Instead of all the cheap shots at WWE TNA needs to close out old stories.

Daniels and Tomko are out of the way, but look at all the people that have future title shots, Joe won FoF, Lashley won a Tourney, Angle is in the middle of this screw job crap, and im not sure if Hernandez even had a shot I could be wrong about that, but he is now tag champ.

TNA has 3 weeks of tapings down, now is the time where they need to sit back evaluate what they have and make sense of all of it. even if they need to have a crap match on impact like what happend with Tomko, atleast there will be closure.

thoughts? comments? people yelling at me?

I'm not going to say too much on this topic, and anyone else that knows what I mean... NO SPOILERS IN THE TNA SECTION. All I'll say is... be sure to watch Impact next Thursday.

And seriously, do we really need yet another thread bitching about the screw job? There's like 9782734 pages about it in another thread.

You know, if TNA had a real booking committee/creative department, they would not have a fiasco in the #1 contender position. Does anyone remember who it really is? Nope, but its Lashley.

As for the "screwjob" finish, does TNA really need to rip off old WWE storylines or make new ones with their wrestlers? I thought TNA was trying to be different from WWE, but they changed their ring back to 4 sides and keep copying WWE stories from years past.

If this last week's Impact is any indication, TNA is a trainwreck. Their matches sucked, and we did not even see Samoa Joe, Daniels, Wolfe, any X division guys or the Machine Guns. We saw the old crap guys in terrible matches.

I thought the TNA shows last year were better than the garbage they are throwing out right now.

TNA is turning into WCW (Wheel Chair Wrestling) every week they add more old trash to the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back