• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So unfortunately, The End is Near for Rowdy Roddy Piper

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
ewrestlingnews.com said:
As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer.

According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.

Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumor on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.

Sad, very sad, A true legend in the business and quite possibly the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time.

My thoughts go out to his family

Discuss

God damnit. That is some sad, sad news. No matter what happens, he'll never be forgotten.

If this is indeed true, I just had a part of my own body turn to black. Piper is a hero of mine.

Just read on the front page that it is a false report.

There are reports circulating around the internet that "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's cancer has returned and that the ring legend is dying. PWInsider.com is reporting that those rumors are completely untrue and that according to sources close to Piper, he is dealing with a health issue which has caused him to back out of scheduled appearances, but the issue is not cancer related and he is in fact not dying.

That is great to hear. I love Piper, he is awesome and crazy mixed into one. Hopefully all is alright and we will see more of Piper in the years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back