So now WWE Hall of Fame is Scripted too?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Believe it or not, the WWE Hall of Fame speeches are being scripted this year by WWE writers, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Road Warrior Animal did an interview and noted that the company has guidelines on what can and can’t be said.
source

UGH isn't this a time when you are supposed to thank who YOU want to thank etc??

That’s just sad. I’m sure they’ll remove any reference to “wrestling” and “wrestlers” and replace with “entertainment” and “superstars”.

The writers are in place to create storylines to keep people entertained and get ratings, the Hall of Fame ceremony shouldn’t be about ratings it’s about the men and women who lived the life going up and down the road to entertain us the fans. It is also their opportunity to their OWN story .

I find that hard to believe. I'm pretty sure what he was referring to about guidelines was swearing and shit like that. And doing roids.

Having guidelines for what can & cannot be said in a acceptance speech and the speeches themselves being scripted by writers are two very different things

I sure they're having the inductees sit down with the writers to work on their speeches, since wrestlers probably aren't the greatest speech writers on the planet, and they don't want to be just left up there hanging, and start rambling on about shit, they also prolly also don't want someone to say something up their that could be found offensive and get WWE in some hot water

This does not seem like that big of a deal to me at all

Typical IWC overreaction, just like the whole Michael Cole twitter fiasco. The WWE probably tells the inductees things they shouldn't say every year, not just this year. They probably tell them things like, "Don't mention Chris Benoit," or, in the Road Warrior's case, "Don't mention that horrible falling from the top of the tron storyline."

I'm sure it will be as heartfelt as ever, they just want to make sure a few blemishes in WWE history remain unmentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back