vs

25665883.png

Date and Time:
Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
7:30 PM

Where:
Staples Center
Los Angeles, CA

Tonight, we here at WrestleZone Forums will celebrate the career of the biggest star in the NBA today as he takes part in a game for the final time in his career. as the Los Angeles Lakers take on the Utah Jazz. After 20 years in the NBA, Kobe Bryant has certainly and undoubtedly left his mark on the Lakers and the rest of the league and tonight will be on the court for the final time in his career. During his time, he won five NBA championships, had a career total of 33,464 points, and made the very best of the difficult task of acquiring the torch from the likes of Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, the now head coach Byron Scott, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, and of course, Michael Jordan. Kobe’s first point on a free throw in his second game against the Knicks was when others began to see in this kid the same things Jerry West saw, skills and no fear. They could see his killer instincts and desire to be great. Kobe played limited minutes his first couple years and his third year he started. There was a game in Orlando where Kobe went off in the second half but it wasn’t that he got hot, it was how everyone finally saw the smarts applied. He pulled up in the key instead of trying to dunk on everyone. He could get any shot he wanted and not the one the defenders wanted him to take. Then the first championship, the second, the third, fourth and fifth, his greatness each year was getting even better. He could cover any 1, 2, or 3 in the game and lock them up. The clutch shots became routine. The rim-rattling dunks and amazing contortion layups and his ability to draw contact and finish in the key. And he rarely back then got knocked off his feet.

Through pain, through injuries, through multiple surgeries, he just kept getting better and better. He literally became unstoppable although Bowen, Patterson, Kirilenko, Prince, Bell, Christie, and Allen all tried. The 30 point games, the 40 point games, the 50 point games, the 60 point games, the 81 point game, triple doubles, etc. He always made you feel he was going to do something you’ve never seen before and did not think was possible, like the three point shot against Portland over Theo Ratliff. He could adjust his shot by arching it higher over long-armed defenders. He had the best mid-range touch I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen him hit left handed three point shots, reverse dunks, 35 footers, hook shots, etc. He could do it all and even the improbable. He did all that not from god given ability but from the best work ethic in the game. The highest basketball IQ in the game, study of the greats before him and his peers. He loves everything about basketball. His fundamental perfection made all the impossible possible. 20 years I’ve enjoyed every moment Kobe has taken the court and although I love the game and it’s in great hands with the players today, it will never be the same. The process of the end was there since the beginning and it’s time, so after tonight Kobe Bryant will turn the lights out. And for me the game will always be slightly dimmer without him.

WrestleZone Forums wishes Kobe the best of luck with all he does after basketball and thanks him for helping all those that watched him find the game that much more enthralling.​

It's a sad day. Kobe Bryant was a big reason why I started watching the NBA to begin with and now to see him go sucks. Even though there have been many times I have wanted to jump through the TV screen and kill Kobe for taking a dumb shot only for it to go in has gotten to a number I don't even think exists, I'm still happy he has done everything in his career his way.

I'm so happy he got the appreciation he deserved though this year. Usually everyone booing, but that wasn't the case this year.

Hm.. I mean a win would be nice but you really don't know seeing what kind of seasons they've had in recent years. I also think Kobe will be able to drop another stellar performance in.

I'm hoping. I'm expecting probably 22 but off like a 9-24 shooting performance. With Houston winning today, Jazz could just let him go off for 50.

It's like an all star game, which is cool I guess because it shows that Kobe can still score. I wish the rest of the Lakers would look for their shot a bit to keep jazz defenders honest but it's okay I guess.

60! Wow! I don't care if the whole team was feeding him and that it'll probably go down as worst 60 in history in terms of how they were scored, but with the win its cool. Makes Warriors breaking the record tolerable.

That performance made it clear to me that Kobe's unselfishness hurt the Lakers who were 16-65 in games he shot less then 50 times, but were undefeated in games he went crazy with scoring. I'm proud of Kobe and The Bad News Lakers..They did the impossible-not only win a game in general but Kobe's retirement game which ended in not only a victory but 60 points...Fucking crazy..Especially considering in recent interviews Kobe's stated that he's 37 but feels like he's 60 years old and yet he scored that much and played his ass off....One of the greatest heels in NBA history went out with a dramatic face turn and one final promo in the Staples Center in LA.

As far as a retirement sendoff goes, obviously you can't get one better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back