• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I got an email.....

FoleyIsGod

Hardcore Legend
Right, I was boozing it up last week at my local and was stood outside having a cigerette. I saw this huge, ginourmous evil looking spider running along the wall towards a fit girl and her mother. being of the chivalrous sort, I told the fair damsels that they were in distress, hence much screaming and I dont want to hear that when im having my ***.

Anyway, the fit one starts going on about how these cactus from Mexico are being imported with loads of spiders inside them. I reminded her that it was a huge joke, but then she got me with the killer line. Remember shes a chav, so imagine her saying this in a right common Leeds accent(Becca might recognise it!)
"

"Its true cos I got it in an email"

I stood there stunned, almost in tears of laughter, that people actually believe the shit that is sent to email inboxes.

Whats next, people actually sending money to Nigeria for "oil"? (Oh wait, they do that anyway, morons...)

Anyway my point is, have any of you had a similiar tale of people believing this shit?

lol, that was funny!

i remember once that a friend of mine called me before noon, very worried, asking me if I could help him with some "computer issue". So after work I stopped at his place and asked him what was wrong. I honestly was expecting something like a virus, or a system file deletion, etc. but when he told me that Hotmail was going to close his email account if he didnt send an email to Microsoft "registering" his personal information, I just bursted in laugh, I slapped him in the back of his head and asked for a beer as a payment, while I taught him about e-mail scams. OMG you cant believe it until it happens close!! xD

I remember one time when I was talking to my cousin. She seemed really really tired, so I asked her what was wrong. She said she was afraid to asleep, so naturally Iasked her why. I thought she must've been scared of the dark or something. She said she was afraid that Mickey Mouse would show up in the middle of the night and kill her while she was sleeping. I laughed so hard I actually fell out of my chair. I had to explain to her about the chain emails after that.

Those chain emails are so annoying and I don't know how people can be so stupid to fall for their stupid little things at the end e.g Send this to 10 people or I will appear at night and rape your dog, or something stupid like that and people still persist in sending them to me.

What's worse is those stupid emails that say "If you're a real friend then you will forward this", a real friend wouldn't send those stupid emails. I never forward them.

Yeah, I have one story, a mate of mine believed that for every contact he forwarded the email to, Hotmail would donate 10 cents to some charity or something, I think it might have been to help some parents. I coudln't believe he actually believed that Hotmail would really give 10 cents to someone for every contact you fowarded it to. I then had to explain to him about those sorts of emails.

The stupidity of people, especially chavs, is something that never ceases to amaze me. Believing something you read in a newspaper or a magazine or a book, unconditionally that is, is one thing. Believing in something sent in a random e-mail, usually complete with significantly incorrect spelling and grammar, is just plain fucking ridiculous.

I completely ignore e-mails that aren't from e-mail addresses that I'm subscribed or whatever to. Even on YouTube, if I get a message saying "send this to ten people by the next five minutes or your penis will come alive and rape you" I just complete ignore it. People that are superstitious and/or stupid enough to care about random shit they find on the internet... they're just morons.

On a side note, these penis enhancing tablets really work! NO JOKE!

Like 3 years ago I got one of thoes emails that said that I had won 1 Million Dollars from some international lottery that randomly got my email. I'm not gonna lie, I really believed it. The company seemed legit and the e-mail looked proffesional and the layout looked good. The catch with the scam was that you would need to send 500$ to the company first to pay for shipping and what not. Anyways I begged and pleaded with my mother to lend me 500 dollars and I told her I would pay her back. She called me an idiot and needless to say like a week or two later it was all over the national news about the scam and how many people believed it and lost 500 dollars. ANyways I am not as gulliable as I once was, learned my lesson and didn't even have to lose 500$.

Never believed any of them things but my mom got caught hook, line and sinker by a cracking little myth. If you type "google" into google the computer would crash! Very gullible mother.

Those foreign prince ones were all the rage a few years ago, you know the give me your bank details and I will share my inherited fortune with you ones. Bullshit. The worrying thing is that some people believe these things and have lost cash because of it.

Yeah, I've had to save my mum from believing a few of these ones - a sensible 40-something woman, cynical as the day is long except for when she get's something by e-mail!!
She really did almost give out her bank details and really does send on chain mail (to both my work and normal email add!) I resorted to putting a post-it note on the computer before I left... 'Do NOT believe e-mails, it will NOT bring bad/good luck and you WON'T die from deleting/ignoring it!'
Have yet to receive another chain e-mail from her since :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back