• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So Glad To Have Become A Wrestling Fan Again

JuiceOS

Dark Match Winner
My whole life I have been an on and off wrestling fan, growing up a wwe fan as i got older a ecw fan which helped me with my love for fmw and bjpw type wrestling as well as indy feds like xpw, pwg, czw, iwa-ms, chikara and roh. 5-6 years ago i stopped watching again idk what happened...but now in 2011 i have started again...

mostly the indies still roh, pwg and chikara...some wwe and tna once and awhile...i joined this site and a few others and have watched alot of old and events from the past few years. sort of semi caught up.

but since i have been gone i have questions about what has been happening in the wrestling indie world

mainly what has happened to czw? seems like the roster has basically no one i know anymore cept ruckus. whatever happened to Messiah, Justice Pain, Nick Gage(i know he was arrested), Sexxxy Eddy, Nate Hatred& Iann Knoxxx and some other guys who were around in 2003-2005.

is IWA-MS shut down? their website is still the same from like 2008, wikipedia doesnt say anything...i know TPI was post poned...any news?

did we ever find out what happened with Dan Maff? why him and Homicide had a falling it?

what happened with XPW wrestler Supreme? i know he is a fat ass only really a death match wrestler but whats up with him? anyone know?

I cant remember anything else really to ask

hope this isnt spam

My whole life I have been an on and off wrestling fan, growing up a wwe fan as i got older a ecw fan which helped me with my love for fmw and bjpw type wrestling as well as indy feds like xpw, pwg, czw, iwa-ms, chikara and roh. 5-6 years ago i stopped watching again idk what happened...but now in 2011 i have started again...

mostly the indies still roh, pwg and chikara...some wwe and tna once and awhile...i joined this site and a few others and have watched alot of old and events from the past few years. sort of semi caught up.

but since i have been gone i have questions about what has been happening in the wrestling indie world

Welcome back to the world of fandom, always good to have another indies fan on the forum. I'll see if I can't try to answer your questions for you.

mainly what has happened to czw? seems like the roster has basically no one i know anymore cept ruckus. whatever happened to Messiah, Justice Pain, Nick Gage(i know he was arrested), Sexxxy Eddy, Nate Hatred& Iann Knoxxx and some other guys who were around in 2003-2005.

CZW has totally changed, but for the better mostly. While you don't have the awesome indy talent that would come through frequently back in 03-05 because most of those guys are signed to ROH/TNA/WWE now, and the main event scene in CZW has gotten younger, thankfully. Ever since Zandig sold the company to DJ Hyde everything seems a bit more professional IMO. Guys like Jon Moxley, Drake Younger, and Eddie Kingston dominate the main event now and both Moxley and Younger are GREAT talents.

As for what happened to those wrestlers you listed, let's see...Messiah is pretty much retired, Justice Pain I think is doing the indies, Gage as you know is in jail, Sexxxy Eddy is working the indies, Nate wrestles on and off with CZW, not sure what the fuck Knoxxx is up to.

is IWA-MS shut down? their website is still the same from like 2008, wikipedia doesnt say anything...i know TPI was post poned...any news?

IWA-MS, as you probably already know, is run by a complete fucking buffoon in Ian Rotten, so IWA-MS "shuts down" every few months it seems because absolutely nobody goes to their shows anymore, and really there's no reason to, they have NO talent anymore, the best they've had in 2010 was guys like Tyler Black coming to town and they were lucky to have a young guy by the name of Jonathan Gresham who has exploded on the indy scene for being so awesome and is now signed to ROH. They somewhat "officially" shutdown in the summer of 09 I believe it was, but they came back with a bunch of shows in 2010 anyways, including the annual King of the Death Matches. The Ted Petty Invitational was scheduled for last September, but yet again there were money and ticket problems so the whole tournament was scrapped.

Ian Rotten, such a fucking moron. I have no sympathy for his promotion constantly going out of business.

did we ever find out what happened with Dan Maff? why him and Homicide had a falling it?

That whole thing was about Maff sleeping with an underage member of Homicide's family. He was black-listed from pretty much every promotion everywhere for a few years but Maff returned to Jersey All Pro Wrestling in 2009, and since then he and Homicide have both been booked on the same JAPW shows before but nobody's sure what the situation is between those two and whether or not there are still hard feelings.

what happened with XPW wrestler Supreme? i know he is a fat ass only really a death match wrestler but whats up with him? anyone know?

No clue. Supreme was shit so I really don't care if he falls off the planet.

I cant remember anything else really to ask

hope this isnt spam

Nah, not spam, technically. But in the future try to come up with a more focused topic for a thread instead of just asking random questions. Hope that helped.

Thank you for welcoming me back, IDK why i stopped watching wrestling. I worked with some indie feds and wrestlers for awhile but stopped. Perhaps the combo of school, work and friends plus keeping up with wrestling as well was workin a lil bit in music was too much. IDK that seems dumb, anyways I have actually gotten 2 people who are big wwe fans into the indies recently and me myself have really gotten into Chikara as of late, love their stuff. just still trying to i guess get used to it.

didnt see an answer till now...

i just still think my mind is still into the whole wrestling scene from years ago...still believine CZW is a mostly hardcore company and still believing ECW wrestlers are a big draw these days...

yeah i figured that was the case with Maff but didnt know it was the clear cut reason.

yeah IWA-MS used to have good shows, only 2 things going for them are/were TPI and KOTDM

Surpeme was shit but i was a big XPW mark when i moved to california, just so happens their dvds suck and alot of their good shows near the end havent been and prolly wont ever be released...i remember people saying Shane killed the company by not giving up the belt & Kaos having the belt for over a year then dropping it to x-pac didnt help. a good & creative booker would have helped them immensely as would have not starting a war with XPW. oh well.

ah i thought of another question...

the whole TNA and ROH thing...doesnt TNA talent not work for ROH cuz ROH now does PPVs? at least my understanding is ROH hates TNA...

and i still dont get the spam rule at this site...i answered a guys topic like his rules said and i was warned for spam, then i looked and his topic was gone so i guess the whole topic was spam....i still am in the dark about spam...

I think spam is when you make a short post that doesn't add anything to the thread, but as you said you answered a guy's question, then I do not see why that classified as spam.

For example if the thread asked "Who is your favoruite CZW wrestler?" and you responded with a 1-word response saying "Zandig" then that would be classed as spam. You are expected to explain your response, in order to add value to the thread.

Hope that helps.

Anyway, back on topic. Sad to see that Messiah has pretty much retired, he was always awesome. CZW has always had some really talented wrestlers, I am glad that they have toned down their ultra-violent style except for some exceptions. Now, I love me some hardcore wrestling, I love the original ECW and some of my favourite matches have been the TLC/HIAC matches that WWE have put on over the years, I think hardcore wrestling does certainly have a spot in the business still, and CZW did provide this. However, as much as I was enjoying their product, when weedwhackers are being used on guys backs, panes of glass, shit loads of fire and Zandig is getting hung using fish hooks in his back, you gotta tone that shit down. Its not entertainment, its fucking disgusting.

Barb wire, chairs, tables, ladders, thumbtacks yes. Glass and weedwhackers- no.

I remember seeing a CZW ring, and there was literally nowhere to land there was so much glass around. It was so fucking unsafe, and Sexxxy Eddy had blood spurting from his forearm after nicking an artery. When stuff like that is going on, they have probably made the right choice in toning it down in order to get more commericial success and protect their talent. Plus, it allows more forcus to be placed on the extremely talented young wrestlers they have, so a good move by CZW I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back