• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sneak Peek at New Pro Wrestling TV Show!

smokinglizard

Dark Match Jobber
Hello!

My name is Norm Kaiser and I am very pleased to announce that work is complete on the screener for American Championship Freefighting (ACF), a new TV show concept my partners and I are pitching to a major cable network.

American Championship Freefighting crosses the intense realism of mixed martial arts with the thrilling drama of pro wrestling. Our focus is on ultra-realism, character development, and the presentation of pro wrestling as a sport, not sports entertainment.

There are no gimmicks, no glitz, no soap opera storylines, and no pay-per-views -- just intense, thrilling action along the vein of the old school pro wrestling of the 70s and 80s.

Check it out for yourself:

[youtube]HP7rnxr4rLQ&feature=PlayList&p=B4D4E2A5FC28FAD4&index=0&hd=1[/youtube]

Now time for a shameless plug -- I ask all fans, workers, and pro wrestling personalities to watch the ACF screener, and if you like what you see, TELL SOMEBODY ABOUT IT! Tell your friends, your neighbors, friends, co-workers, fellow fans...and everyone else you can about it. We want to create a buzz early in our effort to get the show picked up, and we can't do it without your help.

Do you want more pro wrestling choices on TV? Then give us a hand! Tell people about ACF!

Questions, thoughts, and comments on the screener are welcome!

Thanks,

Norm Kaiser
President, Resiak Media

You misunderstand GD. It takes out the realism of MMA and the entertainment of wrestling and you get. Uhh, Lacrosse.

No hair pulling, eye gouging, biting, or low blows!!!!! Well that right there my friend just takes all of the fun out of wrestling...

So it's like Bushido, UFC and pro-wrestling mixed with So You Wanna Fight? Even real MMA has "gimmicky characters". It's all in showmanship and presentation, especially if pro-wrestling is one of the prerequisites. And I don't understand the purpose of the mandatory tie-up. :confused:

Truthfully, I'd give it a few shots before dismissing it. Anything MMA or pro-wrestling gets my attention, but it has to be entertaining and make me care about what's going on.

I'm intrigued by this. I think the feuds could happen and evolve naturally like in MMA, and I think it could add an interesting dynamic to the matches themselves. The two things I don't like right off the bat, though, are the mandatory tie-ups and referee's flags. But I think it has potential.

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback! Please see my responses to the Bearded One's comments below:

I'm intrigued by this. I think the feuds could happen and evolve naturally like in MMA

That's the idea. There will definitely be feuds -- long-life feuds -- but the feuds will spawn from events in or surrounding the ring, not backstage drama.

The two things I don't like right off the bat, though, are the mandatory tie-ups and referee's flags. But I think it has potential.

The mandatory tie-up is a throwback to classic collar-and-elbow wrestling from the 1800s, which was real and is what today's pro wrestling spawned from.

The flags are designed to open up some interesting plot devices. Plus they're designed to give the referee a bigger role and more authority.

We understand 100% that not everyone is going to like our show. That's true about any wrestling promotion. Some people love TNA, others hate it. But in evaluating the demographics of the fan base, we divided pro wrestling fans into three rough groups:

1) Fans who watch pro wrestling for the big show, the pageantry, the colorful characters, and the high-flying, nonstop action. Those fans probably won't like our show much, and that's OK.

2) Fans -- probably a little older crowd -- who are a bit disillusioned with today's pro wrestling and who hanker for old school wrestling of the past.

3) Fans who like today's pro wrestling but also appreciate old school wrestling. They're kind of like the guy who sometimes loves an ice cream sundae with all the fixings but other times just wants a scoop of good old vanilla.

We're shooting for groups 2 and 3 and maybe to win over a few members of group 1. We believe there's room enough for the style of WWE and TNA and a style like ours.

We'll see! We'll keep you posted, so stay tuned!

It could work, but to cover for its weaknesses, it needs these three things:

1. Heavier editing.
  2. Tied in with that - background music. Obviously that can come later.
  3. Better graphics. Any competent graphics designer can make you stuff that's very aesthetically pleasing - for a reasonable fee. A new logo should be top of your list.

Don't ban. I like vanilla. =D

I'mma give it a shot if it really is old-school -- the tie-up kinda hinted that.

There are no gimmicks, no glitz, no soap opera storylines

So basically, no fun?

OK, I like some aspects of the idea. I like the storylines and natural rivalries idea, but really the best part of pro wrestling to me is not the in-ring work, but the stories and characters and personalities. This doesn't look like my thing; I'm not really a fan of MMA either, so yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back