Smackdown: What are they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceandco

Occasional Pre-Show
Last week on Smackdown we saw Batista win a Triple Threat No.1 Contender's match over Bobby Lashley and Booker T. From this he gains the opportunity to challenge King Booker in LA nest week for the WHC. I just thought it was a little strange that the main event for Cyber Sunday was King Booker vs. Big Show vs. John Cena. I know that nothing is ever certain and things can change, but I seriously doubt the legitimacy of this match. Batista will not win the WHC, probably through Sharmell's interference, some beatdown from either Lashley and Finlay, setting up a rivalry for SS, possibly, or Big Show and Cena will storm the ring (they are commentating) and cost Batista the match. It seems quite obvious that NO-ONE in the WWE staff has the balls to allow one of the World Championships to change hands on Raw or Smackdown. Yes, it's happened before, but look at all the times it hasn't. Here are just 2 of them: Think back to last year around this time when the Survivor Series was approaching and it was Team Raw, led by HBK, versus Team Smackdown, spearheaded by the Animal, Batista. Randy Orton, a SS star, had supposedly killed the Undertaker, whom promptly returned at SS, and was to face Batista for the WHC. Smackdown cut a promo between the two, and there was quite a build up. Of course, the night ended with Raw's interference as well as Kane and Big Show handing out a chokeslam through a table to Batista. Then we just saw Edge, who every man and his dog, excluding the WWE, know's is a better champion than Cena, lose the Steel Cage match to Cena, prolonging Cena's already overstretched run. All because the WWE writers don't have the balls to allow the championship to change hands on a monday/friday night. Do they think they've fooled everyone into believing that Batista, the face, could come out on top. Somebody give them a wake up call. Why can the Intercontinental and United States titles change, but not the premier ones? I understand that sharing them around to much would be diminishing their value, but when a guy (Cena), wins it a Wrestlemania 21 and remains the No. 1 Contender of Champ until Wrestlemania 23 (which I see happenning), that is just plain shit.
It has been said that Smackdown was going down hill, but never before have I, for one, been able to pick, with near certainty, the result of a Main Event WHC match. Your thoughts on my theory of most championship matches ending with the Champ winning, and the general predictability of some of the storylines? Who should they pin the championship on, and how often should it change?

To the Moderators, sorry if this thread has been created already, please close this down if that is the case.

I like Booker and I'm glad they gave him the title but I'm so sick of the "the only way the heel can win is by cheating" formula. Wouldn't it at least be original if he managed to retain the title fairly for once!? The title change thing is relevant but I can't honestly say I'd want Booker to drop the title to any of the contenders. I mean, Finlay and Lashley can wrestle but they don't really have "it" and Batista has "it" but he can't wrestle.

Mr. Sam said:
I like Booker and I'm glad they gave him the title but I'm so sick of the "the only way the heel can win is by cheating" formula. Wouldn't it at least be original if he managed to retain the title fairly for once!?

That annoys the hell out of me as well you just know everytime he fights either 1) Sharmell is gonna distract the referee allowing King Booker to use a weapon and cheat or 2) Finaly and Regal will come out and help him win the match.

that's why I'd like to see finlay win the title. they always do this. they make it so obvious that a team is breaking up. first orton and evolution, then batista and evolution, then carlito and masters, now finlay and booker's court. about the whole title changing hands on raw or smackdown. have you noticed that ever since the first draft, there has been one world title change on raw during a match. what was that match? cena-edge-rvd earlier this year, and that was only because rvd was going to get suspended the next night. that sucks. i can pretty much guarantee the champ will always retain the world/wwe title on raw.

Yeh Im getting fed up as well with Sharmels inteference, I mean it was alright when they did it the first 20 times to gain heat, but Booker should be allowed to atleast once retain the title cleanly. I hope the little bastard knocks out Sharmell with his mini shillehligh.

Booker can cheat to win as much as he likes in my oppinion so long as Batista get's now where near a second title reign.

next week on smcakdown they said cena and show are gonna be ther ei think there gonna interfere and help booker cus if batista wins its more they gotta worry bout

It does kind of piss me off that the only heel that seems to allowed to win cleanly when he's champion is Triple-H. They're making Booker-T look extremely weak, as they did with Edge. Batista should not be champion again, and quite frankly, I did not miss his presence in the WWE.

Anyways it doesn't really matter who is champion going in on Cyber sunday(whatever happened to Taboo tuesday) because we all know that *the almighty we'll keep shoving him down your throat because we can* Cena is going the win.

What pisses me off the more then the heel champion retaining by cheating is when he keeps his title by getting his stupid ass DQ'd, thats just plain bullshit, I mean at least let him get the fuking pin to end the match, that DQ shit is about the stupidest way to finish a title match that I have ever seen

agree

how the hell do you guys know all this stuff will happen? Did you see in to the future? I know its Batista vs Booker but how do you know they won't let him win cleanly?

G-Money said:
how the hell do you guys know all this stuff will happen? Did you see in to the future? I know its Batista vs Booker but how do you know they won't let him win cleanly?

do they ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back