• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 - Reviews??

closet_fan

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I have been wanting to get a wrestling video game, but i still have the PS2. not only because i can't afford a new system, but because i am a pretty casual gamer.

i have been looking at some of the older SVR games and can get 2006 for under 10 bucks (used)

thoughts? the last game i had was the smackdown with HHH on the front. it was pretty good.

anyone play/have 2006? i know it's outdated, but that's ok. i would still get into anyways.

Trying to remember if that was the first year they had GM mode, I do belive it was. Definately get it if thats the one, that game is fucking awesome.

2006 was the last wrestling game I ever brought... I thought it sucked, personally.

Go with the 2004 Here Comes the Pain. That was the last truly great wrestling game, in my opinion.

I haven't played any of the earlier versions rather than 2008 -> onwards so I can't say anything about 2006, but I would guess it's pretty good, had Kurt Angle in it at least.

You are cruisin for a bruisin today, JMT

is it the one im thinking of? Were get this shit, the arena u wrestle in CHANGES from week to week? and you can turn on Hulk Hogan like a regular roster guy?

That game was fucking awesome, I spent hours upon hours playing it

You are cruisin for a bruisin today, JMT

is it the one im thinking of? Were get this shit, the arena u wrestle in CHANGES from week to week? and you can turn on Hulk Hogan like a regular roster guy?

That game was fucking awesome, I spent hours upon hours playing it

Believe this man.

Also, unlocking the Wrestlemania IX arena and bitch slapping 1980's Hogan repeatedly in a classic blue cage with Stacy Keibler should be worth the price of admission alone.

2006 was the last wrestling game I ever brought... I thought it sucked, personally.

Go with the 2004 Here Comes the Pain. That was the last truly great wrestling game, in my opinion.

This man speaks no lies, Here Comes the Pain is a classic fucking game, I play it all the time and never get bored with it. The career mode is fun as shit. Get it if you can. But if you can't find it, SVR 06 aint too bad, the GM mode is really fun.

i like the game. the graphics and storyline is pretty good for the ps2.

my biggest gripe though is one you complete a season and beat the champion for the belt, you can't keep going and defend the belt?

i made a player for smackdown and beat cena at wrestlemania and then it was over.

i was a bit disappointed that you couldn't keep going as the champion and defend the championship past wrestlemania.

The origional SvR was weird, didn't like it, and each game to follow only got worse and worse, excluding GM mode. They kept adding little unimportant things that would make it better, like custom entrances and videos, but they'd take stuff out to make up for it. Making custom charecters has become a HUGE pain as each game goes on, they keep getting rid of the tweeks I keep finding!!

No Mercy FTW.

Fire Pro wrestling returns is the best game I have ever played. Its a Puroresu game, and the graphics aren't much, but the game play is amazing. Plus if your a MMA fan you can have shoot fights in a cage or ring and what not. It awesome. The only good games besides that IMO was No Mercy, Here comes the Pain, SVR 2007, and Wrestle Kingdom 2 is very good too. Every SVR game after 07' felt like being played in Slo-Mo.

Smackdown vs Raw 2006 is a great game,the GM Mode is fun, and so is the story mode. Its not my favorite wrestling game, but its a good game nonetheless and it has a great soundtrack

images

You can probably get 2008 for under $10 if you look hard enough.

And I haven't really liked a WWE game since Here Comes the Pain.

2006 was the last great year...they had the bra and panties matches. I really wish they'd bring back some of that stuff. The GM Mode was amazing. I remember the cool trick you could do on the first Smackdown vs Raw, if you had one of the chicks do a people's elbow as the finisher, they'd remove their top/bottom, and you wouldn't lose the match even though you would be in your undies. :p But you had to quickly get ur opponent out of theirs or the game wld freeze

I'm still waiting for a Smackdown/Raw game to include specialized gimmick matches.

They have yet to do a proper Casket match. The only thing that even came close was the Buried Alive match - which was also horrible, and should've been used as a Casket type match since there was no grave.

I want a damn Dumpster match. Also a Good House Keeping match. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back