• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SmackDown Star Done With The Company

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's a report at wrestlinginc.com stating that Eva Marie's contract with WWE won't be renewed. She's been with the company since 2003 and has been almost exclusively known for being part of the Total Divas cast and her lackluster in-ring ability. She hasn't appeared on TV since last August, before it was announced that she was suspended for 30 days due to a Wellness Policy violation and while neither side has made a formal announcement, all signs point to her being done with WWE.

There've been signs over the past several months that her time in WWE might be coming to an end. After all, once her suspension was up, she hadn't returned to TV as she's spent time filming a couple of movies and she recently changed her hair back to its natural black color. She's also stopped mentioning wrestling in any of her social media posts, which she's now using to promote her films and her apparent fashion line. The thing that made me feel that she was probably done with WWE, or rather was close to being done, was last year when her name was used in a negative light involving an angle between Mick Foley and Sami Zayn in which Foley said that he'd agreed to a trade with SmackDown Live for someone of equal value and that it was Eva Marie; Zayn heatedly responded that he was worth "a thousand Eva Marie's." I thought it odd that Eva Marie would be thrown under the bus in such a demonstrative way and it was a definite departure from SOP for a female roster member be blasted in such a way.

To me, Eva Marie's been dead weight since day one. Now, to be fair, it's not like WWE did her any favors by putting her on TV for a couple of matches, even multi-women matches, when it was obvious to Ray Charles, who's both blind and dead, that she wasn't ready and couldn't wrestle. Fans immediately took a dislike to her rather than being pissed at WWE because I think, at the time, they felt that surely WWE wouldn't put her out there if she wasn't ready and that she'd either frozen or something. I've watched some of Total Divas and while the show is scripted, she always struck me as someone who was more interested in the glitz and glamor associated with the "Divas" of WWE, she liked the idea of being famous but wasn't all that wild about actually wrestling.

Well, that sucks. Eva was one of my favourites on the women roster. She was great at what she did - in terms of characters that people just love to hate and she was definitely one of the best at being that. Something the SD women's roster could use.

I kinda don'T mind seeing her leave the company if the news is true, i think that she had a great gimmick and could generate some great heel heat just because of who she was and while she did improve as a wrestler, wasn't on the level of most of the smackdown roster. I think the fact that she was suspended probably play a role in her decision to leave because you could see on total divas that she is a head strong type of girl and if she doesn'T get what she want, she going to go out an do something about it and her husband seem to be the same way so, she decided to stop wrestling after her suspension and that'S o.k., their still more opportunities for her going forward just with her look alone.

She's been with the company since 2003

Damn you WWE for denouncing 14 year old veteran like her. :p (Yeah, yeah, I know Jack, typo :rolleyes: )

Shame, she had nuclear heat. She cant wrestle very well but she could at least use that heat as valet. Give her to someone like Corbin and see how it oozes hate from the crowd that would boo them. Heck, even give her to someone in cruiserweights. She can at least produce reaction unlike useless "Alicia Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooox" that is only there because allegedly Vince likes how her name is pronounced. Vickie Guerrero had similar path with numerous superstars. And it worked nicely.

Mixed feelings about seeing her leave because on one hand, there's so many things she could've done as a character that would've gotten her over as the most hated wrestler on the women's roster. In her debut "match" on SmackDown Live, she doesn't even wrestle and still finds a way to be one of the top trends of the night on Twitter. That's impressive for someone who isn't great in the ring at all. She could've had her character use her looks to sort of seduce refs into wins and charm her way into the title picture kind of like how I felt the almost did when she was in NXT. Perfect heel, great heat, all the tools to create a great face to dethrone her. On the other hand, we've all seen her in the ring and know that her matches are going to be shown in any clinics on how to work in the ring so at the end of the day, Eva Marie being done with the WWE and vice versa isn't going to cause any major ripples around the wrestling world.

She won't be missed, although I would have liked to have seen more of that gimmick they were going with where she was coming out for matches and then not wrestling after all. That could have turned into something temporarily very good on TV.

But, all in all... here are my sentiments:

well-bye.jpg

Eva has been with the WWE since 2003? Whhaaaaat???!

Also, I really liked her gimmick. Too bad this got screwed up with her violation.. I hope that gimmick gets on TV someday.

I'm honestly gonna miss her. I thought what she did over this past Summer was brilliant, not to mention that I didn't ACTUALLY think she was all that bad. She showcased a lot in that tag match from WrestleMania last year, it seemed like she was really improving. But with all that said I do feel like she can make more money doing other things, she already has movie roles lined up and if she's any good, I'm sure more will soon come.

Eva Marie was pretty bad in the ring but had a good character. She was a natural heel. At the least, she could've been a manager for someone.

Losing her hurts the division a little but not a lot. I hope she has success and is happy in whatever she does next.

I kinda don'T mind seeing her leave the company if the news is true, i think that she had a great gimmick and could generate some great heel heat just because of who she was and while she did improve as a wrestler, wasn't on the level of most of the smackdown roster. I think the fact that she was suspended probably play a role in her decision to leave because you could see on total divas that she is a head strong type of girl and if she doesn'T get what she want, she going to go out an do something about it and her husband seem to be the same way so, she decided to stop wrestling after her suspension and that'S o.k., their still more opportunities for her going forward just with her look alone.

I think if they wanted to stick with the Eva Marie "gimmick" (a glamourous girl who gets by on looks), then I thought that might have been why they did the "Emmalina" gimmick, and had given Emma, who is a superior worker, the same gimmick.

There are more entertaining women and even male jobbers in WWE, NXT, and every tournament or event WWE had with outside talent. ROH, PWG, LU, Evolve, WCPW, Stardom, TNA, etc are no different. NJPW doesn't have a women's division or they'd be listed as well. All of those promotions also have better females who can actually wrestle a match. Hope she does well, but when Alexa Bliss isn't even that good and is considered championship material there is no doubt how talented in pro-wrestling she really was.

She is doing movies and stuff, and is kind of climbing up that ladder. So hopefully that works out for her. It'd be nice to see her again maybe down the road if she is taking off.

I think if they wanted to stick with the Eva Marie "gimmick" (a glamourous girl who gets by on looks), then I thought that might have been why they did the "Emmalina" gimmick, and had given Emma, who is a superior worker, the same gimmick.

Eva Marie's gimmick was more of a snotty red carpet walking beauty than the Emmalina gimmick was. I believe they wanted Emma to be a high fashion model type who could kick ass when required, something Eva Marie failed at. Emma failed as well as reports say she couldn't quite work it to their satisfaction. Doesn't explain why Emma isn't back wrestling on TV though when she is sorely needed. She is working house shows.

When it comes to Eva Marie though, she had the best entrance gimmick ever. Too bad that that's all she had. Good for her if she is making movies and getting on with something better. Wish her all the luck.

Should've been used in a manager/valet type role like Lana. Put her in a situation like Trish Stratus when she started out with Test & Albert. Maybe she becomes the mouthpiece for Stroman & Harper after Harper moves to Raw. Maybe clean up both guys a bit. If they're not with the Wyatt Family a makeover might be in order anyway. Raw's new dominant tag team with a heel female manager. Probably could've worked pretty well. Just saying.

Good riddance.

Here I was afraid of Smackdown Live doing a horrible decision making and giving Eva Marie the title from Becky Lynch or Alexa Bliss. Thanks God, it never took place.

It's so good that there are no more women wrestlers like Eva Marie or Brie Bella active here when we have great ones like Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks etc.

Eva has huge boobs but that's about all she has going for her. She stinks in the ring. She stinks on the mic. Honestly, I'm not surprised she's done. Eva Marie - "Good Luck in all your future endeavors."

Garbage wrestler, nuclear heat magnet. If they made her a full time manager or valet, she could have been something. She could draw heat from a deep freeze man.

Imagine if she was paired with someone struggling to draw heat? It's a shame she can't really talk either, because that would limit who she could be paired with.

Corbin has the whole lone wolf thing they're pushing, but imagine the chorus of boos if Eva was his kayfabe girlfriend? Evil Usos could use some added heat, what about someone experienced like Dolph? That's just a few on Smackdown.

Her red hot heat was really something they could have tapped into, but it would have such a limited shelf life given her further limited mic skills, and her total lack of in ring ability.

Not sure if it's a shame, but there was some untapped heat potential in the era where crowds cheer heels. It'll go down as one of the biggest busts in history. All hype, zero substance.

This may explain why creative was trying to give Emma the similar gimmick on Raw which she apparently was not able to pull off. They probably had a sense Eva was leaving or were looking to release her. Eva was very mediocre in the ring and as a personality. But I think what they were doing with her on Smackdown was catching on and had the potential of getting Vickie Guerrero type heat and interest down the line. I also somewhat enjoyed when she was paired with Nia Jax on NXT and that had potential as a bodyguard, chicken heel type duo if ever on the main roster.

And you figured this out NOW?!? Eva Marie, which many of us on this board said, was done with WWE in August. When she got her first movie deal, the writing was on the wall THEN. She knew that she sucked donkey nuts in the ring. The only two that did not realize this was the two mutual butt buddies, Vince and Dunn. William Morris got her a deal no human being alive would have rejected. So, she doesn't need to take the BS in WWE anymore. As for Emma: They tried to shove a Steinway Piano down through the top of an anthill without destroying the anthill. Emma is a REAL wrestler. Not some bimbo like Eva Marie. And, the reason they went with Emma is because they do not trust the person that CAN pull off an Eva Marie-type character, one Mrs. Rusev.

Meanwhile, good riddance to bad wrestling rubbish.

I have mixed feelings about this. If she is indeed done with the WWE then my reaction is a combination of "Good riddance!" and "What a missed opportunity.". Sure, she sucked in the ring. Even after receiving extra training down in NXT. She had gotten to the point where she may have fit in during that awful timeframe from after Trish and Lita's departures where very few of the women knew how to wrestle. Eva will never be able to keep up with the quality of women like the Four Horsewomen, Alexa, or Mickie. So, in an in-ring capacity she will not be missed whatsoever if she is confirmed to be gone. The missed opportunity comes in her heel heat. Eva is the most hated woman in the company for a VERY long time. She got nuclear heat for even opening her mouth to speak. Imagine her helping a heel female competitor as a manager. Eva would have been perfect for that. She could have followed Nia to Raw and kept that alliance going, for instance. Oh well. If she ever does return, it needs to be as a manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back