• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown MVP for July 1st, 2011

#hamler

That's all folks.
Christian-Cutout_by_Jibunjishin1_display_image.png

Smackdown MVP for July 1, 2011
Christian

Crowd Reaction:
Don’t exactly know how legit the Smackdown’s audience is or was tonight but Christian seemed very over as a heel. He got a very fair amount of heat. After defeating the undefeated Sin Cara he got a significant amount of boos as well.

Promo/Mic time:
Christian is a G. He was gold in his promos/mic time tonight. It was revealed in a confrontation with Teddy Long that Christian was the one who played Big Show's music causing Mark Henry to go on his little rampage. Great segment there. Christian had alot of TV time on Smackdown tonight and I believe that's a good sign that he can be trusted by the guys in the back.

Quality of their match:
His match with Sin Cara was arguably the best match of the night. Christian is the guy that handed Sin Cara his first lost which could mean something for Christian if Sin Cara ever becomes someone huge in the WWE like many are predicting. Great action during this bout but I still don’t know about the lighting. Christian slaps hard and Sin Cara flipped around alot. I absolutely loved Christian winning with the spear (which he executed pretty nicely). Nice back and forth action and an all around phenomenal match between these two.

How they handle their character:
Christian’s heel role continues to impress me. Now that he's heel, its alot easier to use those underhanded tactics he used in the Sin Cara match (exiting the ring and slapping Sin Cara around). He's pissed off and he wants a title match with a fair decision and he won't stop until he beats Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. He handled his character well tonight.

2nd Place

Mark Henry: Yes, Milenko’s pick for RAW MVP (who just so happens to be a Smackdown Superstar) is my pick for second place. Mark Henry can be a scary motherfucker and tonight, he was. He not only took the World Heavyweight Champion to the limit tonight, he intimidated a guy half his size and wiped out the entrance music for the match after his. Did you guys see him kill that guy tonight? Mark had a great impact in tonight’s episode of Smackdown. Great way to open up the show. Had it not been for the RKO and the count-out loss, Mark would have been in close running for the MVP spot of Smackdown this week. But much to Milenko’s displeasure, Mark Henry is not the Smackdown MVP for July 1, 2011. Christian deserves that honor tonight.

Honorable Mentions: Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and the returning badass - Sheamus.

Total Win Hamlet. Definetly agree, but I think that they aren't making Christian look like a good heel. They're kind of making him look like a pansy if you look at how he's begging and pleading and what not all the damn time. I don't like the way it's going about. But I think big plans are for him at Money in The Bank.

Yep Hamler, good one, for starters you're managing a lot better than Milenko on this by actually acknowledging the last 15 minutes of the show! I think that's what the issue was last time. Henry has been on a good roll but without Punk doing anything on SD Henry stood out a bit more. Plus he didn't just go after the wrestlers, but the technicians! That shocked me so I would agree on him for second place.

Now onto CC. Christian's end promo was solid, Orton followed up with something cool and menacing in the typical Orton vein, but Christian's speech was P.O.'d and impassioned. He got mega cross, that's the part I think really sold me on him being MVP this week. It doesn't matter that Sheamus battered him and Orton up, Sheamus only showed up for that last little bit (although it was a good showing by him. Lotsa dominance for the limes!) Oh, Christian's match with Sin Cara wasn't too bad either.

Christian's reaction is slightly bothering me though. He's over, but it never seems that way when his music plays. It's either that or he's still got some mixed reaction factor going on, which also still seems to be the case. But he's a lot more badass now so I dig anyway.

Nice work Ham, this is a good evaluation and I'm glad you gave props to the mid-card as well. After the draft I was like "Uh-oh, what's gonna happen to SD's mid-card?" But actually, I'm really enjoying everything going on with Rhodes, DiBz, "D. Bryan", and Zeke/Barrett/MitB stuff.

For me, it's very close between Christian and Mark Henry. Henry has been on fire lately and I'm actually interested in what he's doing for the first time ever. That whole bit with the sound man was fantastic. It really put him over as a big, scary, intimidating guy. But, his match with Orton was rather boring. Certainly nothing special, just passable. Therefore, I have to agree with you on the MVP, it was Christian.

Christian was fantastic. His backstage segments with Teddy Long were very well done and his mic work in the promo was excellent. He got nice heat and he's adjusting to his heel role very well. I've always felt that he was a better heel. However, it was his match with Sin Cara which was his highlight on Smackdown. Probably the best match of the night, if not the week. The fact that Sin Cara wasn't botchtastic and is adjusting well really helped the match, too.

in my opinion its between Christian & Mark Henry But I do agree with ur choice.Christian was great On SD,his segments with teddy long last night was very well done and his match with Sin Cara was Quite Good.Had Some few botches here & there but a pretty gd match! ILove Christians S.P.E.A.R!!!

Fuck it, I am going to be biased. Wade Barrett thoroughly entertained me the most last night. He was really whooping on Kane's ass and made that match much more physical for the typical Kane fare these days. Probably his best performance in months. Too bad Kane completely blew it off at the end, but I digress. :p

Yeah, I agree with everything you said Hamler. Christian is grasping his heel character very well and improves with each week. Christian also pinned Sin Cara in a pretty good match, not flawless by any means but still a good match. Being the first to beat Sin Cara is a pretty little accolade for Christian in trying to make us believe that actually may win on July 17th in his match with Orton.

Mark Henry is also who I would've picked for second place, he's one mean motherfucka' and didn't look at all weak after losing via count-out to Orton. He's on possibly the best run of his career.

I'll go with Christian as well. Ever since Christian lost the belt to Orton on the show after Extreme Rules, he has been the biggest story on Smackdown. This week's Smackdown was no different. I think that his match with Sin Cara has been Cara's best match in the WWE so far. I was somewhat surprised to see Christian beat Cara cleanly because Cara is being pushed strongly at the moment.

The promo that Christian cut at the contract signing was more of the same that we have come to expect out of the Orton/ Christian feud but at the same time it was good due to it's intensity. There have been some people who are saying that Christian is not getting too over as a heel but I think that he is doing well considering that he has a wafer thin storyline to work with.

Second place should be a tie between Mark Henry and Sheamus. Sheamus probably had the biggest impact on the show while Mark Henry continued on his ruthless streak that I have come to enjoy. He also wrestled a decent match with Orton that was better than I expected but I'd tie Sheamus in with Henry mostly because Sheamus' actions might have an impact on the title scene of Smackdown unlike those of Henry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back