• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown Music

JaceEvans

The Sensational One
images

So I was watching this past Friday's SMACKDOWN today( I DVR it)and noticed during the intro that I really can't stand the Green Day song they use, it might be that I'm not a huge fan of green day but it comes off as whiny emo music which doesn't have a place on a wrestling show. Being that I like the Nickelback song they use for RAW I started thinking of songs that would fit SMACKDOWN better. So I booted up my iTunes and found this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dopmop55XvM

I find it hits all the attributes that a wrestling theme song should hit. So what do you guys think? Is the current Green Day song good enough for SMACKDOWN? Do you like the Shinedown song better? Or do you have your own idea of what song to use?

I really like that Shinedown song and I really think it fits a lot better than the Green Day one. I really don't hate Know Your Enemy as much as most people seem to but I have to admit that hard rock bands like Shinedown or Nickelback have a "grown-ass man putting you in your place" sound that I like to hear as intros for wrestling shows.

Agreed about the Smackdown's theme song. The Green Day theme song is the worst Smackdown theme. That kind of music doesn't suit "Wrestling".

I would suggest this song as Smackdown's theme :

[YOUTUBE]wzPX7YtEWSM[/YOUTUBE]

I don't like the current theme at all. It's a spit in the face to wrestling fans. To get the show started, you should have some loud, hardcore rock and roll song (and I'm not a huge rock fan, more hip hop). It just naturally pumps up our blood to get us ready for the show. This song does NOT! Rise Up, Beautiful People, and Everybody On The Ground did a great job at getting the crowd pumped up. I think it's just too weak for a show like Smackdown. ICarly or some random Disney show, maybe, but this is professional wrestling! I think Smackdown could benefit from getting a new theme song.

rep

Yes, I also hate the song. It does not get you pumped at all! Kinda like that If You Rock Like Me theme they had a few years ago, that was also terrible, in fact worse than the current one.

I know a song called "Smackdown" by Thousand Foot Krutch and think it fits Smackdown. It just has the ring that gets your jumping and the blood pumping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LI2b84aNw

When they first started using Green Day I was like wtf really? It just doesn't fit in with Pro Wrestling to me. I really like the Shinedown song. I could see the Smackdown opening in my head while it was playing. IMO "Know Your Enemy" by Green Day must go.

[YOUTUBE]EC9_rI4L6Uk[/YOUTUBE]

There, the old ones.

Me personally my faves were the Marilyn Manson & Drowning Pool versions.

But I was thinking watching the theme before WWE went with Green Day would be a great theme for either Dolph Ziggler or Drew Mcintyre if they hadnt given them one already.

Yes, I also hate the song. It does not get you pumped at all! Kinda like that If You Rock Like Me theme they had a few years ago, that was also terrible, in fact worse than the current one.

I know a song called "Smackdown" by Thousand Foot Krutch and think it fits Smackdown. It just has the ring that gets your jumping and the blood pumping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LI2b84aNw

You would think they would think about using this since they used their song War of Change for Over the Limit.

News to me people i didnt even know it was green day. But yes it is whiny emo like and just plain annoying. Smackdown intro supposed to pump you up not depress you. i do like the jet black stare i think that be perfect

Yes, I agree. I don't like the current SmackDown theme song at all really.

My favorite one for SmackDown was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8isKsULUNo

They should have kept that one a lot longer than they did!

But seeing as they never go back I just hope they change to something better... and soon!

LOL. Why have they continued using the Green Day theme? From the sounds of it, nobody likes it. I hate the song. Not sure what could replace it, but up above someone posted a video by Thousand Foot Krutch song called "Smackdown," I don't care for it but it does sound like it would fit the show better than Green Day. :)

By the way, my favorite Smackdown theme is the very first one, then Marilyn Manson tune. After that, they all kind of sucked. :(

the current song does not fit with the show.. Althoutht its the B-Show.. Still it needs to have some good music to make it grand. Urs is also a good option

I actually like (classic) Green Day and I never thought the song was good or went well with the show. Almost anything (Not Beiber, Katie Perry, etc.) would be better.

Also NXT song is TERRIBLE and RAW could use a change as well.

Superstars is the best song/intro BY FAR!

Ok, as a HUGE fan of Green Day, I have to stand up for them. I love that song, and I totally disagree, I DON'T think its whiny emo music, and it DOES pump me up for wrestling. HOWEVER!!! I hate it for Smackdown's music. It just got old, and, seriously, YES, I KNOW MY ENEMY!!! IT'S THE GUYS THAT VINCE WANTS ME TO BOO!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok, as a HUGE fan of Green Day, I have to stand up for them. I love that song, and I totally disagree, I DON'T think its whiny emo music, and it DOES pump me up for wrestling. HOWEVER!!! I hate it for Smackdown's music. It just got old, and, seriously, YES, I KNOW MY ENEMY!!! IT'S THE GUYS THAT VINCE WANTS ME TO BOO!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Green Day sucks. Just sayin'.. Just, putting that out there.

I personally prefered Smackdown's old theme, "Rise Up". It made me want to watch the show. The Green Day song is too weak in my opinion. If Rev Theory is on board for letting them use their music, "Hangman" seems like a good fit.
[YOUTUBE]ELLGvyrjzh8[/YOUTUBE]

Anthrax isn't even one of my favorite bands, but I'd take this over what Smackdown has now.

Preferred my show themes without lyrics....the attitude era RAW music was the best music for any of their shows ever (even though there was lyrics in the shows open)....but I mean the music that gets played when they are cutting to commercial and stuff, should find things similar to that

Honestly, I really do not care about themes that much, as long as it has guitars involved, but I do agree that Know Your Enemy does not fit. I am past the stage of hating Raws, only because it has been so long. I think they should use this for Smackdowns new theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y61PqtIFSv0

Obviously, if they used it, it would be the heaviest WWE theme in history, but I think that it is the right type of song to get you pumped up for some action, in my opinion.

Wow, its been a long long time since I have posted here on this forum.
Kind of missed this place :)

Anyways, I have to agree with the OP.
That Enemy song by Shinedown really fits well.

I put the SmackDown intro on mute, and synced the Enemy song, and wow! It really flows and meshes well together.

I dont understand why WWE uses Green Day's music to be honest, theyre a decent band, but cmon! it doesnt go well with a SmackDown! intro.

Almost anything you guys suggested goes well with the intro, but Green Day.

I always thought Step Up by Drowning Pool or BOOM by POD would go good with SmackDown, although they have been used for other WWE shows at some point.

The only way I would have a Green Day song as a theme, is if SmackDown is LIVE in Canada, and have them play "American Idiot" lol

Appreciate all the feedback guys!

Just made this video so you guys(and gals) can see what it would be like if the Shindedown song took over the Smackdown Intro
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-jMIQoKKJw[/YOUTUBE]

Damn! That Shinedown song works on so many levels and is really insync with the entrance video so they wouldn't have to change. It really gives SMACKDOWN! a much needed more aggressive tone and not lame, poppy, and light-hearted emo song. I hope the music will change soon.

I love Green Day, but that song is horrible, and doesn't fit WWE or wrestling at all. I agree it needs changed.

I didn't mind Raw's theme at first, because it did fit well, but now it's gotten old and needs changed as well.

The current Smackdown theme is the worst theme the show has ever had. I like the song as a piece of music, but it does not fit Smackdown at all. They should have kept using Let It Roll by Divide the Day. That song was perfect. It got me excited for the upcoming edition of Smackdown and was very catchy too. I can't fathom why they got rid of that song, let alone why it was replaced with the current theme.

I am also surprised that this awful choice for theme music has lasted almost two years. Hopefully it gets replaced soon. We should be careful what we wish for though, it could be replaced with something even worse. I would just bring back Let It Roll because we need a heavy song that gets us excited to watch the show. Know Your Enemy doesn't exactly set the tone for Smackdowm that you'd want as a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back