Smackdown Live once a month?

TheSaint

X-Pac mark.
When I read this I think its just what Smackdown needs, it could really help take them from being seen as the "B" brand, even though they look more like the "A" brand with there roster. Kevin Kelly just said in his article that he "Never has, and never will" watch Smackdown again because he reads the results so theres no point in watching it, so with Smackdown going live once a month, do you guys really think it will make people watch it again?

I personally think its just what Smackdown needs, start going live once a month, see how it goes, and if it works out, then start doing it more often until it turns into a regular thing.

I always felt they should go live on Thursdays. I have no reason behind it. It's just that holding off on spoilers one less day would probably help plus I'm usually out before the end of the show on Friday nights.

They should go live, it would really help boost ratings. I don't always watch Smackdown simply because it's easy to find spoilers (this Friday's is already up on the main site). It takes away from the excitement and unpredictability.

Good idea, if they can afford to do this for every show, I think they should. I don't check the results online, as I prefer to see the action unfold on TV, so it won't affect me from that point of view.

That being said, I think when something is live there is a bit of a buzz about it, because the people in it tend to raise their game. It'll work much better too, now JR is commentating, and he's obviously used to that, and skilled enough not to need loads of post production.

I think if SmackDown went live once a month it would really benefit the brand. Im sure if they were sucessful with it they would turn it into a regular thing. A new era could truly be launched in the company if the WWE started to run 2 live shows per week. Now, only if they would just sweep ECW under the rug.

I think it's good and bad.
I also read the spoilers so never really end up watching unless something crazy happens (ie. Great Khali winning the WHC). I will probably watch this week, being the first true show post draft, and first show with only one champ. I do feel however that they should go all the way making it live every week. If I'm reading spoilers three times a week I'm not likely to watch the live show.
On the other hand, this may give them a chance to build up that show, ie. Use the three taped shows to build up a title match on the live show.
Let's hope this is well executed.

It has its positives and negatives.. It's more cost effective to tape it rather than go live every week.. I, personally, would rather see it Live but theres alot more intricate factors involved then just saying "Well..We've decided we're going live every week".. Lets hope they slowly transition it but I would love to eventually see it live everyweek as I think Spoilers are a great, not the ultimate, but a great contributer to low ratings.. If everyone already knows whats going to happen and nothing jumps out, they're not going to watch.

I like this idea. I don't watch SD that often, as I know what's coming 3 days in advance. I'll check it out if nothing else is on, but a movie or game often trumps it. Mondays are countdowns to 9pm. It's the same problem Impact has. Why watch something where you know the ending? It's hard to describe, but there's just something better about watching live. I'd like for it to be permanent this way, but that's unlikely. Them being live to me is almost 100% positive, but editing can help at times. Overall though, going with thumbs up on this one.

i can honestly say that if Smackdown! is heavily advertised as live through RAW or ECW and that it happens once a month and leads to a regular thing like some have stated that more people would watch it. they cant read spoilers and they'll be surprised like they are on RAW. Smackdown! should be live anyways and i dont see how expensive it could really be i mean, RAW is live and ECW was live. ECW! come on, that show is the gay one and it was live and SD! wasn't. so yeah i agree that it should be live for once a month and then to a regular basis like RAW and we'll definately see who wins the ratings wars because Smackdown! is definately the A show and thats because of the roster, the better matches, and its just an amazing show and i would love to watch it live for once.

Well this doesn't seem like a good idea for Jeff Hardy. :lmao: How are all his botches going to be covered up by tape delay now?

Anyways.. my honest opinion is this is a good idea, but why just once a month? Thats kinda stupid. I say switch Smackdown to being live as well as Raw. Smackdown is being pushed as the new Flagship show, that much is very apparent, so Smackdown needs to be live that way it'll draw more ratings so people won't be reading the spoilers and not watching.

I guarantee you if Raw had tapings, especially with their current list of Champions.. people would be reading the results/spoilers, and only tuning in if something note-worthy happened. Smackdown should go live with the amount of top talent they just got.. as it should give a huge boost to ratings.

I like this idea. I don't watch SD that often, as I know what's coming 3 days in advance. I'll check it out if nothing else is on, but a movie or game often trumps it. Mondays are countdowns to 9pm. It's the same problem Impact has. Why watch something where you know the ending? It's hard to describe, but there's just something better about watching live. I'd like for it to be permanent this way, but that's unlikely. Them being live to me is almost 100% positive, but editing can help at times. Overall though, going with thumbs up on this one.

i see what you mean about it being taped and knowing the ending but my question is, and i do this all the time, have you ever just read about it and then watched it to see what it looked like on tv? i do it a lot for the Undertaker segments and some others but thats how i do it.

I agree smackdown should go live. They should have been gome live years ago. With the roster that they got, and alot of people perfering smackdown over raw, smackdown would get good ratings. Also if they move off fridays and moved back to thursdays. But i think they should move to tuesdays the day they tape them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back