• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown!-Just part of the vernacular?

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
WWE RAW! is supposedly the A-Show, but it didn't make the dictionary as a "sports-entertainment contest," but Smackdown! did. And whenever I see WWE mentioned on TV, I've never heard RAW! mentioned, but I have heard Smackdown! used. So, why is this. Why is the blue show part of the vernacular?

I believe it has something to do with the fact that smackdown is a common associated word with fighting already, so it just entered the common language to begin with, and when a wrestling show was named after it, it just caught on. It may also have something to do with Rock's use of the phrase.

So what're your opinions? Discuss away.

Hmmm, not sure but maybe because Raw have a lot more promos and has around only 30-35 minutes of wrestling whereas Smackdown have roughly double the wrestling.

The answer is simple: Raw makes no sense as the name of a show. The tag line used to be something like "Uncooked, uncut and uncensored". What in the world does that even mean? You could call the show Refrigerator and it would make as much sense.

Smackdown is an original word that came into existence when WWE was probably about at its peak. Also the word is rather catchy.

Raw is a pretty commonly used word in cooking classes. More so than SmackDown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back