SmackDown HCTP Remake

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
SmackDown Here comes the Pain was a successful wrestling video game made for the PS2 , it was the first SmackDown game not to be named after The Rock's catchphrase but Tazz's line instead "Well Here Comes The Pain" referring to Brock Lesnar. It is arguably the best SmackDown game made on the PS2 and a fan favorite that is for sure , now it may be popular but it's just like John Cena , it has it's haters. It's previous SmackDown, Shut Your Mouth is a better game in some people's mind, because of it's commentary, match stipulations and more realistic storyline. I am not one of those people and say HCTP is still the best.

Now to the point of the thread, the current SmackDown Franchise is hated by many due to it's glitches and what not , they always say they should make a game like HCTP again.

So the idea hit me, what about a remake of HCTP? It could work and I say this remake should be exclusive to the 360 and PS3 , due to the major graphic differences that separate them from other consoles and the fact that they can spend more time on the game then they did on previous games. This game will have EVERYTHING the original SmackDown HCTP had , the only thing that will be upgraded are the graphics to match the modern SmackDown games but other than everything will be the same , nothing added and nothing taken out , this would be a great way of playing a classic game without taking away the feel and improving the graphics.

So this game would be better than the original SmackDown HCTP because of the graphics change.

So what do you guys think would a remake be nice ? or no?

Instead of a remake, they should just put an HD Remix-type game on PSN/XBLA. IT'd be easier. Gives it live, updates the graphics, preserves the gameplay. If there are bugs to iron out, that'd work too.

Mm, I would only agree with a Cheap DLC of the game, if it was released as a standalone remake at full price, it would not sell. Why on earth would I want to buy this game with updated graphics when I have the same thing already with less decent but still quite good graphics.

If your talking DLC, I say why not? Perhaps Shut Your Mouth could have the same treatment, though I agree HCTP is the superior game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back