• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown GM: Sting?

QBall111

Occasional Pre-Show
Watching RAW it seems very obvious it won't be Shane or steph as gm of smackdown but i don't think it'll be a past authority figure. So that leads me to one person who could still get involved though retired from competing and that is Sting. Could this be a time that we can see the Steve Borden side of Sting?

As much as I love Sting and am all for a product that has him involved I don't see this happening. Today's fans don't have the connection to Sting that the older generations have, and wwe is most likely going to be looking for someone that the current fans have a connection with. Personally id rather see them drop this whole authority/GM stuff all together.

If either Shane or Stephanie is going to be running SD then we don't need a GM. That would be overkill to say the least. Besides the GM thing I think has been done to death. I can see it now, the GM makes a match and then Shane or Stephanie either changes it or gives the person shit for making it. That would get old after the first episode.

To be honest, I don't care who is GM. The WWE has not got enough stars that are "over" to fill a 2nd mainstream show that goes out live and keep them exclusive to 1 brand each.

I am not saying that WWE does not have talent - it does. But WWE has woefully underprepared for star creation in the past 10 years. I can think of a handful of superstars - CM PUNK, Daniel Bryan, The Shield - who have genuinely gotten over. Dolph Ziggler could have but he got trounced every time he looked like he would make it. AJ Styles may be close to it, but we are yet to see (he CAN EASILY BE) if WWE don't flunk it with him.

Who really cares who will be GM of Smackdown? More Shane is just more mcmahons on TV. It was old in 2001!!

I don't think he would do a bad job, he did play the authority figure in TNA. I'm sure it would draw some interest in the short term as Sting's returns usually do. But I don't want to see it, I think it would take away from Sting's mystique and aura to have him in a suit wasting time on TV every week. If Sting doesn't wrestle against then there is no need for him to be on TV. The authority figure character will get old quick as it has with other retired wrestlers like Austin and Hogan in his TNA run.

As much as I love Sting and am all for a product that has him involved I don't see this happening. Today's fans don't have the connection to Sting that the older generations have, and wwe is most likely going to be looking for someone that the current fans have a connection with. Personally id rather see them drop this whole authority/GM stuff all together.

True. Makes sense. I'd get William Regal. He was great in the early 2000s.

They need to tone down on the whole GM/Power trip thing. Its been done to death.

With that said, they still need to have someone in charge or it'll seem off. A Jack Tunney role would be perfect for Raw and Smackdown (a name they should get rid of entirely. Bring back Nitro or create something new for Raw's opposition...but thats a debate for another time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back