• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown Elimination Chamber Thoughts

Who Wins The WHC?

• Edge

• Dolph Ziggler

• Drew McIntyre

• Rey Mysterio

• Kane

• Wade Barrett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Pretty like my Raw Chamber Thread. Just gonna go over reasons why the men in the match could win. This Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match is NOT for a Number One Contender Spot, but it is for the World Heavyweight Championship. There's more on the line here than the Raw Chamber, so it should be more interesting, hopefully. The participants are;

Edge (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. Wade Barrett​

Firstly, Edge - Now, being the Champ in an Elimination Chamber match couldn't be worse for you. You've got 5 other men wanting the Belt and no idea where you're going to enter. Edge has been doing pretty good recently, defending his title Weekly on Smackdown, coming out on top every week. Vickie Guerrero has announced that Dolph Ziggler is the World Champ on Raw on Monday, so the match here could change with Ziggler defending his Title instead. I don't read spoilers though, so I won't know this until tomorrow night. I like surprises. As for Edge, with the way he has been going in recent times, there's a good chance of him winning this. Maybe he can pull it out the bag. Not to say, he's been in 3 of these things before, so maybe he's got the upper hand.

Dolph Ziggler - If he is Champ on Friday, then he will be defending his Title. Not Edge. Now, Dolph defending the World Heavyweight Championship against 5 other men? He wouldn't keep it, that's for sure. So, if Ziggler is Champ on Smackdown, heading into the Chamber, I doubt he will win. If something happens to take the Title from Ziggler, even making it vacant, then maybe he has a chance. I can see him taking up an easy opportunity to pick up the win. I'd like to see this.

Drew McIntyre - Recently been in a funny storyline with Kelly Kelly, where he says he likes her, but then goes all psycho on people, messing it up for him. He's looked pretty strong, apart from his loss to Trent Barretta. He mainly seems like the R-Truth of this Match. Just in it for filler. He has minimal chance of winning I believe.

Rey Mysterio - Been in 2 Chambers Previous, so has experience. Recently been wandering around the Shows, not having a huge part in anything, since his feud with Alberto Del Rio. He's also been World Heavyweight Champ multiple times, so there's a possibility of him winning. Do I think he will? No. But then again, Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania? Could be promising.

Kane - World Champ before Edge. Had a great reign with the Belt. I think it'd be great to see him take maybe one more? I don't know, he's a great guy, but maybe he shouldn't be headlining Wrestlemania. As well as that, I don't see him mixing well with the style of Alberto Del Rio. It would definitely be interesting to see him win the Chamber, that's for sure. He's been in 3 of them before, so again, has experience. Will he win it? Not sure. He'll probably more than likely be first eliminated.

Finally, Wade Barrett - He's got a great chance of winning. Like CM Punk, he's got a stable who could help him previous to the match. Then again, we don't want to see Two Beatdowns in one show do we? It would just take the fun out of it. Barrett however, has been in Title Matches before. He's deserved the Title, but never won it. I say that if a future match against Del Rio wasn't on the line, Barrett would take this, no doubt about it. Hell, Kane might even help him 'cos of the Taker situation. It's unlikely Barrett will win because of the whole scenario, but I'd love to see it happen. The man deserves a Title.

So, again, who wins?
Vote on the Poll.

Wouldn't it shock everyone if Drew McIntyre did win? That would be crazy. It would throw off everyone's predictions for Wrestlemania and beyond.

VERY unlikely... All the more reason for it to truly shock everyone. That have dubbed him the "Chosen One"... Vince is around a lot more right now. I don't think I will be shocked if he does randomly get the World Title out of nowhere, one day.

The only thing that makes his winning not to likely, is the fact that ADR is wrestling whoever is the SD Champ. So, a Face (Edge) seems like much more of a reality. I could see someone like Dolph, Drew or Wade winning if the one waiting for his title shot at Mania, was a Face.

Yeah, I get what you're saying there. Makes sense to me. I imagine that Edge will win on Sunday. Mainly because Ziggler, McIntyre, Kane & Barrett are all heels. It's only possible that either Edge or REY MYSTERIO.

Shit, if a face goes to win on Sunday, it's Edge or Mysterio, I guarantee you now. I think it'll be Rey now :(

I see Edge winning setting up a match between himself and ADR. Now there's a possibility that Dolph wins and the match becomes a triple threat match with Edge getting a rematch and Del Rio being involved cause of his RR win however I don't think the WWE will pull the trigger on this and instead stick Ziggler in a Money in the Bank match.

I would prefer Ziggler to be in the main event with Edge and Del Rio but the wwe probally thinks he's not ready to main event Wrestlemania, which in all fairness is probally true. Another reason Ziggler might end up in the MITBM is because alot of the midcard guys have either moved up the card like the Miz and Del Rio or are injured like Evan Bourne and they need superstars to fill out that match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back