Sly.

Milkyway!

Hodor!
The computer I'm looking at,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9175064&type=product&id=1218045567985

Only has this as a video card.

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics
Features up to 128MB dedicated video memory and up to 1343MB total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows Vista. 6-speaker configurable audio creates a lush soundscape.

I was looking at the updates on SC2, and I ran into a small dilema.

Minumum Requirements
GFX: GeForce 7/8 Series or Radeon 1000/2000 with 256 MB RAM
CPU: Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB
Internet: ADSL 1 Mbit

Recommended Requirements
GFX: GeForce 8000 or Radeon 2000 series with 512 MB RAM
CPU: Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2.
RAM: 2 GB
Internet: ADSL 3 Mbit

Is there a way I can upgrade only that piece on the computer? The computer is basically going to be a gaming computer, nothing else. Sigh, anymore computer sugestions? Or can I just upgrade the part?

I've actually been thinking about getting this.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...y&v1=Slim+and+sleek&series_name=s5150t_series

Along with a cutomized graphics card. 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

I'm still looking for cupons over the internet, and I plan to get it around Christmas, which means I should be able to find some Christmas deals. I assume it will be around 500$ by the time I'm done. More expensive than the one you showed me, but I think it should be worth it.

I think I'm going to go with the slimline as a first option. But the compaq will be a second option, hopefully I can arrange it to come with a diffrent graphics card though. I don't wanna do any instillation myself >.>

Upgrading RAM is easy. I just sorted out mine today, simply just opened the comp, slid in the new RAM and all done. I really am grateful Sly assisted me on comp upgrade solutions!

Thanks again Sly!

But it's important to have your RAM on 2GB so Vista can run properly. 3GB is fine too.

its the same sort of thing as putting in additional RAM, you just remove the existing and replace it with the new one. you may want to invest in a static mat though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back