Slammiversary: Kurt Angle vs. A.J. Styles

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA GRUDGE MATCH
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle

Can't wait for this match. It's one of those ones that makes you realize how great TNA could be. Problem is, TNA will probably book interference by Karen Angle in this match. Which will have the same effect it did on the Awesome Until.... match Sting & Angle had at Bound For Glory. I'm predicting a Styles win. Angles is a selfless performer, he won't mind losing to A.J. Normally I wouldn't say it would harm Angle. But A.J. is a comedy character. wait did I say comedy? I hope that's not how TNA books it.

if this match isnt surrounded or includes karen angle then it should be an amazing match. i just hope angles injury doesnt hold the match back in terms of moves and high flying action of styles but if he can go 100% then this should be the match of the nite

This is what I've always thought Angle's first big feud in TNA should be. Back in the early years of TNA, Styles was their poster boy. He could do it all, he was the golden boy of the company. The old school AJ, the face AJ, could put on a classic with just about anyone no matter what their skill level. You put him in the ring with Kurt Angle, another master, and just watch things go. Now, like most people, I'm worried about Karen sticking her nose into this match. If you want to build up a big feud over a woman, that's fine, but the match should be one on one. It could be great if given 20 minutes or so, but if it comes down to Karen's involvement, it just can't be as good as it has the chance to be.

I completely agree that Karen should stay far away from this match. I think that this could easily be the best match of the PPV. My prediction: Styles in a long, hard-fought match that starts a hug push for him as a face.

I think AJ will take this one, simply because Angle has put over lesser men than AJ Styles such as Jay Lethal. I predict Angle will have a heel turn, trying to get back at AJ for ruining his marriage, and AJ acts as the ultimate gentleman, defending Karen's honour. That's just how I see it...either way it's a match I've been looking forward to it for a while and I'm not gonna complain.

Boy oh boy, this match I think is the true match people have been waiting for. You have a well rounded wrestler in Kurt Angle with someone with the raw athleticism of an AJ Styles, this has potential, and big potential to be match of the year (currently held by the TLC match at ONS in my opinion.)

But then again, "This, is TNA" and we know what that means. Countless amounts of interference by Karen Angle and the match will probably end with Sharkboy laying both out with a Stunner and clam juice.

I think it is gonna be a great match but it really depends on if Kurt Angle is 100% healthy cause this is a match i could see for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

I'm honestly shocked this thread hasn't gone beyond the opening page. This match has MOTY written all over it, and its the single biggest match in T.N.A., since Joe/Angle over a year or two ago.

Sadly, I don't think this will be a very technical match. It has the ability and the making to truly be a great match with two very well rounded skill guys that are at the top of their respective levels, however because of the storyline (a good storyline, I might add) I think this match will break into a brawl, with no true winner coming out of it.

Since its T.N.A., and because this match has star power potential, obviously that means will see these two likely face each other for the next 3 p.p.v.'s either in return single's matches, tag matches, or T.N.A.'s personal favorite.. 6 man shitfests.

Angle v. Styles will no doubt be a great contest, all 20,000 times they run it. Unlike Joe/Angle, I'm unsure if I can see these two becoming stale. (I say that, check back in 4 monthes of straight single's matches) I honestly believe this storyline is great for them though. And Karen will likely become a factor, even with the end result of her more than likely going back to Angle, which will make him look even more like a prick, her like a dominate heel female, and A.J. will explode back into Main Event Facehood, where he rightfully belongs. THANK YOU..

Kurt Angle vs Aj Styles will be a great match for many reasons 1.You have a technical and a High Flyer 2.Kurt Angle makes a great heel and as AJ Styles as face would be a good combination 3.AJ Styles could get Physical like Kurt Angle and end winning the match.We still have to wait and see though, this still will be a good match if no one interferes in the match.I have a feeling that someone will get involved which will basically ruin this match giving Kurt Angle the win.Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe a year ago was a great match,I hope this match is even 10X better.

Angle v. Styles will no doubt be a great contest, all 20,000 times they run it. Unlike Joe/Angle, I'm unsure if I can see these two becoming stale. (I say that, check back in 4 monthes of straight single's matches)

It'll get stale. It's inevitable. They'll either do it once and not again for months on end. Which they do on accasion. Or they'll kill the whole feud. 1st PPV match will be great, 2nd even better, 3rd good, 4th good but samey, 5th please stop, 6th Jesus Chirst were only half way in this feud etc. That's how TNA works. If something clicks then they run it into the ground. And just when you think it's over one turns heel or face, and they become occasional tag partners.

The irony is that the same fans that chant ''Fire Russo' are the same ones that cheer like excited children when they see the same match for the 20th time.

This is one of them one off dream matches that TNA give! I personally feel this match would be alot more awesome if they were both face, it would be like the old TNA v the new TNA but to be honest they have done a good job of building it the way they have. I hope for everyone including TNA's sake they keep everyone out of the match no interference from anyone including Karen Angle and just have one great match. Im not counting on it though. I think this one will be a good match possibliy bloody. AJ comes out the winner. Game on!

Angle has the ankle lock on AJ in the middle of the ring. AJ finally counters out but Earl Hebner is knocked out in the process. AJ wraps his feet around the neck of Angle and sends him to the outside. Karen Angle comes down the ramp with a steel chair. Karen teases that she is going to give Kurt the steel chair. Styles is able to use this to his advantage and hits the Styles Clash and get the three count.

This is what makes me sad. From what I've read there we've got a needless Karen Angle interruption. I'm not sure if it has a real effect on the match. I'll have to wait till tomorrow night to find out. But I just don't see why they couldn't let them have a match. They don't need to have run in's in every intresting match. It's worthless. I hope this doesn't ruin the match the same way all the interference ruined the Bound For Glory main event for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back