Who wins?

• Eric Young

• Bobby Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Book This Section

Getting Noticed By Management
Slammiversary '14: Eric Young vs. MVP will be for the World Heavyweight Championship. The match will most likely be a clusterfuck with Bobby Lashley, Kenny King, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode getting involved but who do you think will win?

I think this whole story line with MVP sucks! i see it going either way. young wins by over coming all the odds or MVP gets his 1st world title with the help of his little faction.

i think the wild card in this match is going to be bobby roode. will he take out eric young n join MVP with the understanding of getting a future shot or maybe MVP gives him auto points in the bound for glory series for helping him. OR does roode help young turn face and be the one who takes out MVP faction ending at BFG with him winning the title.
aries i think would attack both men just because that's who he is.

Why is Bobby Roode the other option in the poll?

And this is a tough call, not because I think Young won't win, but because I could see some upside to MVP winning. However, I think they're going to build to the inevitable and sensible Young/Roode feud before Young drops the belt...which is probably the real reason I think MVP has a real shot of winning this because TNA is all about the "shocks". I'm not sure Young/Roode would be a huge draw but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

As we previously reported, MVP suffered some sort of knee injury on May 30th working a Preston City Wrestling event in England. He had X-Rays done very quickly after the injury took place, but stated that those were inconclusive and an MRI would need to be done. It was said that he couldn't put any weight on his leg and began using crutches for support.

His status for TNA's Slammiversary pay-per-view is still unknown.

MVP is scheduled to challenge Eric Young for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Slammiversary, and if he's unable to compete, The Wrestling Observer reports that Bobby Lashley is the logical choice to replace him. Lashley is scheduled to face Samoa Joe on the card at this point.

Per the main page.

This kinda sucks, to be honest. The whole angle was built up to have MVP be that guy, not Lashley, so while the match itself may still end up alright, it does kinda undercut the entire build that was going on with MVP eventually "turning" on EY and naming himself the number one contender after winning over control of TNA.

These things can do happen. Chances are EY retains regardless, but if MVP isn't cleared, like IDR said it puts a damper on the build. I like Lashley, but at the same time he can't carry this angle IMO.

MVP being taken out of the main event would be something I'd like. Shame he's injured. But replacements would be great. Not just putting Lashley in that spot, but Kenny King too. What better way to push these two than a main event match? A loss at such a high profile will do them no harm. Quite the contrary. It will give them more credit than just being MVP's henchmen.

If MVP can't go why not put Roode in the match? The story is there already. Will Roode fight the good fight against Eric Young or will he resort to cheating to win the title. It would probably end up being the best match out of any of the options. If MVP can go I want to say he and his guys will clean house at the ppv winning all of their matches, but I just can't see them taking the title odd of Young yet. My prediction is Eric Young retains no matter who his opponent is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back