• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Singers/bands that are overrated

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
There are artists that people believe don't deserve the hype they get. For me one of the bands that is overrated are

Guns n Roses

Yes I love Guns n Roses greatly but they are vastly overrated, why because Appetite for Destruction is their greatest album and everything else is mediocre compared to it. Every song on Appetite for Destruction is great and you want to listen to them again and again such as Welcome to the Jungle, Mr Brownstone, Sweet Child o Mine, Paradise City, My Michelle etc all were excellent

You see when G N' R Lies came out the only song on there that was noteworthy was Patience and even then it was ok.

Then came Use Your Illusion I and II, these are pretty good albums with good songs such as November Rain, Don't Cry, You Could Be Mine and Civil War, having a mixture of ballads and hard rock, they also had two covers (one for each album) Live and Let Die and Knockin on Heaven's Door, these were great covers and some might say better than the original.

Then with the release of The Spaghetti Incident? because not one of these songs was an original and while covers are good it shows a lack of creativity, I loved Ain't It Fun and Since I Don't Have You but would have loved to listen to some original material. It even had a song by Charles Manson on it and I felt this was on there simply to garner interest. Although it wasn't released on the album Sympathy For The Devil was yet another cover (really good I thought though) which showed even more lack of creativity of the band

With the release of Chinese Democracy after several years, the only original member of Guns n Roses left was Axl Rose and literally all the songs on this album sound like it tried to be most modern music in one and it disappointed. I felt Axl Rose tried to mask his lack of chemistry with the new members with post production.

I'll have to point a rather large and foreboding finger at Creed and Nickleback. My god, how they even have fans is beyond me.

"But Razor, why are they overrated?" That's right, I can hear some of you asking this very question. I've decided to answer this question to avoid the spamming infraction.

Those bands are overrated simply by the sheer fact that they have fans. But, to not be quite as big a douche about my answer, listen to a fucking song from Creed. That singer can't sing worth even half a shit. Not only that, but have you listened to the songs? Almost no originality. The religious undertones aren't even sorta disguised. I mean hell, Christian Pop is more secretive about their purpose than some of those lyrics from Creed. Not a single song of their albums sounds like they're even trying to be creative. They're shit. Just ask those fans that paid for a drunken Stapp to get on stage and slur his way through a couple songs. Though, really, I would say those fans deserved it because they actually liked Creed.

Nickelback? Please. Imagine the Gods of Music taking a shit. That shit is Creed. Imagine Creed taking a shit. That's Nickelback. Now imagine Nickleback eating the godly shit that is Creed, and you get the singing that is passed off as "Lead Singer of a Rock Band" material. Not only that, but their songs are exactly the same throughout. They're all what's his face complaining about being famous or fucking over his old girlfriend. I don't give a shit. Maybe if he was a better singer and his band actually knew how to put a riff together I'd give half a shit. But they don't know how, and therefore I don't care.

Now, I listen to mostly rap and r&b.

50 Cent : His first album was awesome... I loved Get Rich or Die Tryin'. But after that. It just got so repetitive.... I was shot 9 times, ja rule this, ja rule that, diss this guy, diss that guy. tony yayo tony yayo.

Lil Wayne : Whats so great about him anyways. on Tha Carter 3, I only found 2 or 3 tracks that I liked... other than than, i thought it was also repetitive.

Soulja Boy : Needs more words than what his "Crank Dat" track used. That song was more repetitive than Wayne and 50 combined.

I don't know what makes these 3 so popular. They annoy the hell out of me.

I disagree about GN'R. They were an amazing band and they still are. They do not need Slash. Listen to their concert from Tokyo last month. It was an amazing show and it showed they can perform Chinese Democracy (with the exception of "Riad N' the Bedouins") live. It was a three hour show with 13/14 tracks from ChiDem.

lady gaga.......i just dont get it
akon, i was a fan when he first started to rise to fame, buy lately.....

these are just my opinion,.....and i got others

Now, I listen to mostly rap and r&b.

50 Cent : His first album was awesome... I loved Get Rich or Die Tryin'. But after that. It just got so repetitive.... I was shot 9 times, ja rule this, ja rule that, diss this guy, diss that guy. tony yayo tony yayo.

Lil Wayne : Whats so great about him anyways. on Tha Carter 3, I only found 2 or 3 tracks that I liked... other than than, i thought it was also repetitive.

Soulja Boy : Needs more words than what his "Crank Dat" track used. That song was more repetitive than Wayne and 50 combined.

I don't know what makes these 3 so popular. They annoy the hell out of me.
agree with the 50 comment, i have nothing to add to that lol

also have to agree with lil wayne, the music he releases today are repetitive and.........has any one every actually listened to the lyrics, full of crap lol. but i liked some of his early work.

......please dont get me started with the last clown on your list, i seriously cant stand him.

I have to go with Eminem. This guy started out extremely strong with The Slim Shady Lp, and Marshall Mathers was decent, but everything since then has gone downhill fast. We get it. You are a white rapper hahaha. Do you have to tell us every five minutes? His early stuff had real pain and emotion in it, now he is nothing but a caricature of himself. He has talent, but he constantly puts out crappy unfunny comedy tracks.

I give you one name and I"m working off that name only.

Jay-Z - Where the fuck do people come up with the idea that he's some sort of great rapper when all he's ever done is feed of Biggie's popularity and even uses Biggie's damn rhymes over and over again. He's constantly been biting off Nas's material (NY State of Mind to Empire State of Mind anyone?) and makes shit album after shit album since Vol. 2. Even as a record company CEO he's failed miserably. Roc-a-fella records went down the drain, all his artists he had signed have basically turned on him like Beanie Siegel and Freeway, he never let his artists expand musically, shit he barely let them record at all. As CEO of Def Jam he was forced out only after a couple of years by LA Reid.

Getting back to the music side of things, he jumps on the anti Auto Tune bandwagon you know, after everyone else said fuck auto tune of course. And to circle it all the way back around, he even has Mr. Auto Tune himself Kanye West on that very same album. The only Jay-Z albums I have enjoyed was Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life and Vol. 1 In My Lifetime. Even when Jay started feuds with other rappers he got slaughtered. Take a look at his feud with Nas. Nas absolutely crushed Jay-Z in every way possible, and ever since then Nas has been proving himself the best rapper on the East Coast, not Jay-Z, supposedly one of the best rappers ever. I can alternatively name a ton of other East Coast rappers that are far better than Jay. So to me, Jay-Z is highly overrated and does not deserve the praise he gets from the mainstream media.

I'll have to point a rather large and foreboding finger at Creed and Nickleback. My god, how they even have fans is beyond me.

I completely agree two of the worst bands ever, although, I don't think I know anyone who actually takes them seriously. I would throw Puddle Of Mud into this shitpile of bands as well butt rock is awful.

On a different note, U2 blows and I never wanna see Bono again.

Maroon 5- How are they even famous? The lead singer sounds like a 5 year old girl, and the lyrics just suck. They haven't released anything in a while, too. Even Family Guy made fun of it by making Meg say in one episode, something along the lines of, "Wow, how'd you know I loved terrible music?" lol.

Nickelback- The lead singer sounds like he smokes pot 3 times a day. He just literally sounds like he's sick all the time. The songs all sound the same, too. Burn it to the Ground, being used as the theme song on RAW, has swear words on it, which leaves me wondering why it is used on PG WWE TV.

Owl City- Who needs a 1 man band that is a complete copy of The Postal Service (2003) and Lights (2006)? Those 2 are much better than him, yet he is the first famous electronic singer.

Every rapper- I can't understand why people listen to rap. Example of rap: Snoop Dogg ft. 7 other rappers screaming over each other, jumping around, really bad techno music in the background, dancing near half-naked women, and the song title has to do with sex or girls.

Every rapper- I can't understand why people listen to rap. Example of rap: Snoop Dogg ft. 7 other rappers screaming over each other, jumping around, really bad techno music in the background, dancing near half-naked women, and the song title has to do with sex or girls.

No that is an example of the new shit that's prevalent on BET and MTV. You haven't even gotten to the real depth that hip hop has to offer, the lyrical capabilities of good rappers and the political and social messages they interweave into their rhymes. What you hear on the radio and on TV is nothing but the hip pop that is there to get played in the clubs and sell records. Careful when you classify all hip hop as what's played on the radio because there is a lot more to hip hop then what you described.

Kings of Leon.

These guys are good. But there not as great as people say they are. Where I live people act as is Kings of Leon was AC/DC or something. Almost all of their songs are the same sounding. There music is only light and slow. And sometimes I think you need to be a little more heavy metal. Not much else to say, except, Kings of Leon are really over-rated.

Owl City- Who needs a 1 man band that is a complete copy of The Postal Service (2003) and Lights (2006)? Those 2 are much better than him, yet he is the first famous electronic singer.

Good lord YES. Fireflies continues to be one of the worst things EVER and they play Dental Care at my work constantly... it's just awful. It sounds like glorified elevator music to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back