Should Wrestlemania Have A Musical Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Wrestlemania always opens with a performance of the Star Spangled Banner or America The Beautiful. But that's not what I mean. What I mean is like a half-time performance. A few past 'Manias featured some good musical performances from Drowning Pool, Saliva, Limp Bizkit and Motorhead. In other years they either don't come out right (P.O.D.) Or cause time costraints (Kid Rock last year). My question is should a performance be booked for 'Mania? I would say yes, but obviously they need to measure their time right this time and not risk messing with the card. Something I think possible. Just look at all the performances booked in Wrestlemania X8. 2 bands and 4 seperate performance (if I remember correctly). The reason I think a band should be booked here is because it gives it that "larger than life" feel to the event. Just look what it did to the Superbowl and how big it felt after The Who's performance. Imagine that in the middle of Wrestlemania. It would look even bigger.

So would you want a band booked for 'Mania? What band would you prefer? Why that band? I would pick The Who. That being because they are hot off the Superbowl, and having them perform at Wrestlemania would put the show on the same level from a casual fan's point of view.

I think a band should be put into Wrsetlemania to do at least one of the main event guys theme. I liked it when POD did Rey Mysterio, Limp Bizkit did Undertaker, Motorhead did Triple H's and so forth. It adds that extra flair, that only Wrsetlemania has. I however, do not want something like Kid Rock, getting to do an entire medley, that was way too long, took away from the entrance, of the divas, and is so unrelevant.

I don't pay $60 to watch Wrestlemania, just to have a band that I probably don't like take up part of the time that I've paid for. I don't mind if a band comes to play a wrestler's theme song, but I really don't want to pay $60 just to have Nickleback on my screen.

I think it would be a bad idea.

Well, I dont really care cos im forced to watch the edit version of mania where i stay. meaning, no music performances and all that. we just get the video package and the massive pyro at the beginning.

To have a band play someone to the ring is fine. Motorhead playing HHH to the ring at 17 was very cool. However, I DO NOT want something like what Kid Rock did last year. That was 25 minutes of him singing, yet we couldn't have the unified tag title match so Kid Rock could do a medley? The Super Bowl is different because you have a halftime show already and there has to be something there. Mania there is something to fill in time already: wrestling. Playing a wrestler to the ring is fine, but not a song for the sake of a song.

I agree with everyone else, if the band is playing while a superstar is on his way to the ring that's okay.
I think it would be okay if a band opened Wrestlemania, but I don't think they should play more than one song. If they were to have the band play the song that was being used for the theme of the event that would be kinda fun.
The performances do give you the chance to go use the facilities and get more beer.

Yeah hopefully nothing like Kid Rock ever again. Ugh. Not only was it Kid Rock, but it was soo long and it added nothing to 'mania.

I like the performance at the start thats cool, and maybe a band playing one song in the middle or so.

This year I'd like to see Alter Bridge play Edge down to the ring for his match. I think it would be a really cool moment.

My statement about Kid Rock was if everyone in Texas has a gun, why didn't one use it. Kid Rock ruined the first half of Mania, But as has been said before having someone play a wrestlers theme song is fine. No Alterbridge won't do Edge's theme song because they broke up to reform crap, oh shit I meant Creep, shit did it again I meant Creed. There aren't many main eventers that could have a band with enough clout to do an entrance right now, Motorhead is about it.

The only band that I can think of to play a guy to the ring would be story of the year for Christian. That wouldnt work this year tho because he will most likely be in mitb and not part of anything big

I don't want to see any band performing at Wrestlemania, ever. I'm one of the very few people who prefer the cd's to live music. Kid Rock was by a landslide my least favorite part of last year's Wrestlemania.... I would be furious if something like that happened again. MAYBE if somebody performed only one song, and I'm stressing the word MAYBE in that statement, then that might be more tolerable. I would rather nobody performs anything. I watch Wrestlemania for the wrestling, promos, etc.... not for some band that could easily throw a concert of their own somewhere else. I also do not like it when bands play someone's entrance theme. I might have to agree to disagree with most of you.... but live music never sounds as good as the cd tracks themselves to me. The only cool thing about live music (in my opinion) is that you're in the same room as the band as they play. I would prefer the wrestlers come out to their regular themes without the band being there to play it, but that's just my personal opinion. A lot of people seem to like that, and I respect their opinions. As long as something like Kid Rock last year never happens again, then I can put up with live performances at Wrestlemania in the future even though I probably won't like it.

My statement about Kid Rock was if everyone in Texas has a gun, why didn't one use it. Kid Rock ruined the first half of Mania, But as has been said before having someone play a wrestlers theme song is fine. No Alterbridge won't do Edge's theme song because they broke up to reform crap, oh shit I meant Creep, shit did it again I meant Creed. There aren't many main eventers that could have a band with enough clout to do an entrance right now, Motorhead is about it.

They haven't broken up, the three former Creed members worked with Scott Stapp while Myles Kennedy worked a solo album last year. They're now currently working on their third album atm and will be touring in the latter half of the year.

In answer to the question, much like KB said, you really can only have a musical performance if it doesn't affect the flow of the Wrestlemania like Motorhead at X-Seven and 21, Drowning Pool at X8, Limp Bizkit at XIX, or Cena's special entrances at WM24/25. In short, people paid to see wrestling, if I want to see a music gig, I will go to one. If I wanted to see a live performance for an entrance's theme this year, I would go with Edge and Alter Bridge, simply because it's been long overdue for them to play him down, they do backstage cameos and appearances in the arena but not doing a live play of the theme.

But in short, musical performances only work for entrances, not as a general segment of the show.

I'd agree that if a band was to show up and play either a wrestler's theme or the theme gong for the event why not. Aside from that no band should be playing Mania for no reason. Kid Rock's performance last year was fine.....if it were at an award show. Not WrestleMania and all the divas coming to the ring and grinding on him made them all look like second rate hos (Or first rate if you include Melina & Katie). It was dumb, long, boring and not needed. Even the fans were tired of it. They cheered at first, then got lathargic, then started to bo the last two or three songs. No one cares unles there is a purpose. Motorhead had a purpose. Saliva and Drowning Pool had a purpose. Rock didn't.

Only to porform an ENTRANCE for a WRESTLER. What exactly does it add to the product to have some random musician showing up, playing a few songs, and dancing with the divas? I understand the want and desire for cross-promotion, thats what the GUEST HOST was created for. But Wrestlemania is, in the words of the wrestlers, their "stage". They shouldnt have to share it with a musician. I have no problem with the musicians who actully are there to add to the product, as I thought P.O.D. and Motorhead have both done by doing Rey and HHHs entrances at WM's 21 and 22. But it should never be a sideshow, or a PERFORMANCE. Thats what the wrestlers are there for, im pretty sure.

Personally i think that there should be the opening song and that's it, nothing more. When they started doing wrestler entrances, usually it was the band that did the theme song for the PPV, who also happened to do a wrestler's theme song i.e. Limp Bizkit did 'Crack Addict' for Mania 19, so while they were there they may as well have done Taker's theme 'Rollin'. The year before that, they used 'Tear Away' by Drowning Pool for the PPV theme, and then had Saliva play a bunch of songs as well for the Dudleys and a shit version of 'The Game'.

Motorhead are used purely for HHH's ego.

POD doing Rey's? What was the point in that? Was it just because he was going to win the strap?

The marching band playing Cena's? The crowd didn't even realise what they were playing!

And then we had last year's fiasco. Believe me, i spent those 20 minutes booing the hell out of him, and the majority of the people sat around me did as well, when they weren't trying to get on camera. It was even more insulting when the IC title match was 21 seconds long. A title that hadn't been defended at WM in years, was only given a 21 second match because they wanted Kid Rock to have a 20 minute set, plus we had 5 minutes of JBL talking either side of those 21 seconds. Then Austin came out and wasted 10 more minutes so that he could drink beer, so all in all, out of a 5 hour wrestling PPV that's supposed to be the biggest of the year, about 45 minutes of it was a waste of time.

WE WATCH WWE FOR WRESTLING! IT DOESN'T NEED TO RESEMBLE REAL SPORTS BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW IT ISN'T REAL! WHY IS VINCE INTENT ON FILLING HIS WRESTLING PROMOTION WITH EVERYTHING OTHER THAN WRESTLING? And more to the point, why are there fans asking for more pointless garbage in between the matches? Shit like that happening all the time is probably THE biggest problem with Raw right now, and now there's people asking for more of that crap during the PPVs? Un-be-lievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back