• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should TNA run a live Monday night show every week in a different state?

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think TNA should bite the bullet, and since they are already touring with house show's , run a live monday night show. I think it could help them considerably, because it looks different than the same old Impact Zone. The scenery changes weekly, and different fans cheering, and will make their show's look bigger.

They would obviously make more money with fans paying more per ticket than in Orlando, Fl.

What do you guy's think? Would running Impact every monday from a different location help them, and make them look bigger than what the generic Impact Zone does?

I would like sincere answers, and not TNA haters.

I'm all for the live Monday Night shows as I mentioned in another thread. The only problem that comes up with doing a live show in an arena other than the Impact Zone is the production costs, which Dixie Carter has stated as an economic reason not to do the live shows in other arenas.

That being said, I think that they need to move to a different venue than Orlando. The Impact Zone has "mark central" written all over it, no offense to those of you who go to TNA's live tapings. If they can find another arena to continue to go back and forth between the Impact Zone and a larger venue, I think it would help their perception on TV as being a legitimate competition to WWE as opposed to being stuck in a studio. WCW Nitro was able to travel from arena to arena, venue to venue like WWE. By staying in the same place for all of their TV and most of their PPV events, TNA already puts a stigma on their own product as B-League. Switching it up a little bit might cost more money, but I think it would do some good in the long run. Every episode doesn't need to be outside of the IMPACT zone, but it would be nice to see 1-2 non-Impact Zone TV shows a month.

Doesn't need to be a different state every week.

Live every week would be a great start.

I like the impact zone. Maybe every other week at the impact zone - every other week somewhere else would be good. They still have too much talent. They would do well to start a second show.

Maybe do a taped show once a week and a live show once a week and a taped show once a week.

I think they should at least have Impact LIVE every monday, and tape a new show (call it something like "TNA EXPLODE"), and air it on thursdays in the Impact replay slot, that way they can show case more talent that people can't see right now. I think TNA would really be surprised of how well the ratings would be for their second show on thursday nights.

I think they should at least have Impact LIVE every monday, and tape a new show (call it something like "TNA EXPLODE"), and air it on thursdays in the Impact replay slot, that way they can show case more talent that people can't see right now. I think TNA would really be surprised of how well the ratings would be for their second show on thursday nights.

right now they dont have the fan base to travel all around to different states it would be a horrible business decision at the moment and thats a preety big bullet for them to bite right now the cost would out weight the gain at the moment so were probably gonna see there current format for a little while at least till right about the time mnf is about to air then some sort of big change is to come cause as it is they know they wont stand a chance against mnf not to mention that they also have to appeal to the roster alot of them are there because of the lighter schedule 8 shows and go home traveling all across would make them more wwe like and the cost for traveling the staff ring set-up hd setup hotel food travel plane etc thats not a bullet they would be biting its a bomb

They will do this in due time. But right now, they need to establish themselves. They have no identity as far as a company is concerned. TNA has to establish a name to sell tickets in other markets. The WWE's been around for nearly 60 years... so it's feasable for people to be familiar with their product.

TNA's less than 10 years old. It's a young, upstart company that doesn't have a niche outside of the Southern States. I would run shows in more Southern areas until they get a bigger demand to go north. Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas and Alabama would make great locations to have live events and TV Tapings. And the venues in these states are cheap.

But as far as traveling nationwide, they should wait on that. It's a big hassle to make time to be at a certain spot each day.

I will basically mirror what has been said so far and agree that going live every Monday in the Impact Zone should be the first step they take. And then, when they think they are ready to take Impact on the road, do it on a limited scale...perhaps do a live Impact from a different city once every other month, then when they're ready, take it to once a month, and so on and so on. Slow and steady growth...

Hey Yo!
If TNA continues to air live one week and then tape another, in my opinion they should do the taping in a different area that way if there isnt much crowd they have time to spice the environment and make it look like theres huge attendance and tweaj everything in general so what do you think. But as many people have stated they should focus on becoming live evry week step by step and slowly but steadily TNA will get there but it's just a matter of when. So TNA should travel but at this point in time they just cant.
.Tha Wolfpac.

TNA's house shows are pretty much held in High School Gyms and small college venues that they cant get to sell out. I was at BFG 09 and it didn't sell out. Damn near eveyone in there was there because of free tickets handed out by Dixie and or radio station promotions.

TNA isn't rich. It can't compete with the production value of the WWE.

I'm a huge TNA fan and I really want it to succeed but it needs time to develop. Randy Orton has been on the WWE roster longer then TNA has been in business. We can't have everything right here right now.

If TNA survives another 5-8 years then MAYBE it can be on the level of WWE.

To answer the posted question frankly; Yes. But lets be real here. The A don't have Ted Turner money to throw around. You gotta crawl before you can walk. Having live shows period helps previously mentioned. As well as house shows, also mentioned. At lease they moving around for PPV's more often. Get your name up, step ya business game up and then move around.

The Impact Zone in Orlando is great for TNA. They save money and are sure they will have the arena look full. Some states might not like TNA as much as others which could mean Impact would look empty. TNA has to gain a better fan base before they tour Impact.
Just my opinion

Live In a Different State On Mondays . I think It was a bad move going to Mondays Every week let alone live in different states . I Know it will sounds like TNA Bashing But TNA Only just about get The same amount of Fans at a PPV that WWE get at a Live Raw. I just cant see anoth people paying to go see Impact Maybe they might get 1000 maybe 1500 in some states but i can also see them getting shows with 600 or 700 people . And the coast to Bring the Production and props on tour isnt cheap . t

the Main Thing TNA Need to sort befor even think about touring is Production . They have a good Product but it needs to Look Good There Production Quality & Props are now better then WCW was using 10 years ago.

I know Oooo yeah but the wrestling is good and storyline but some people wont watch it cos it looks CHEAP and Second rate if TNA can get some plastic surgery and turn into a beauty that when we will see the war begin

Where are they getting the money to even try this for awhile?

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd help tremendously.... but if backstage reports are true, they are spending a lot of money right now and not seeing the best results. So it would be a gamble and I don't think they would risk it now. There safest bet is to go back to Thursdays.

TNA should just "bite the bullet" and run a live show every Monday from a different location? See, this is a perfect example of how unrealistic the IWC can be at times. Too many fans seem to think that it's a simple matter for a wrestling program to be run live on television every week from a different location. Too many fans also seem to greatly overestimate exactly how large the TNA audience is, because that's also a big factor when it comes to deciding a program format. The future of a large number of employees and some serious financial issues are a little too important for some willy nilly "bite the bullet" argument.

TNA doesn't have nearly the audience to ultimately justify taking iMPACT! on the road live every Monday from a different location each week. The reason why iMPACT! remains in the Impact Zone and why TNA runs almost all of its ppvs from the same location is because it's much cheaper to do so. When it comes to iMPACT!, the fans don't pay to get in to see the show. Some of them come to Universal Studios just to attend iMPACT!, they have to pay to get into US, but they don't pay to watch iMPACT!. Let's say that iMPACT! gets an average of 1,300-1,500 fans in the audience for every episode of TNA iMPACT!. All things considered, that's pretty decent. Now, imagine if TNA shells out the cost of going live in another location in...say..Baltimore Maryland, charging people to get in to see the show and suppose they only draw a crowd of 7 or 800 people instead of 1,500. By the time you factor in how much they took at the gate and factor in the cost of transporting the TNA iMPACT! set, the cost of standard travel expenses and the additional cost of going live TNA would more than likely lose money for that particular show.

TNA cannot guarantee that big crowds are going to show up to their shows, which means that the overall cost of taking iMPACT! on the road from a different place every week might not be worth the effort if they can't show a profit. Another possibility is that TNA just simply might not have the financial resources at this time to pull off something like this. I don't know and, since TNA isn't a publicly traded company, hardly anyone but a small handful of people actually know how much money TNA is bringing in.

Jack-Hammer I didn't say it would be easy or even logical (money wise). I'm just saying that they need to find a way to build their capital. If they do it slowly, I think they could do it. They need to change the scenery fro mthe same old impact zone.

These are also just threads to get idea's.

If they release a few wrestlers they haven't used in forever or be more selective in their new choices and put the money save towards touring costs at least for 1 different Impact a month, and keep expanding slowly,

they go live every other week, the live show should be in other areas other than the dull impact zone. their house shows are good, as they get a lot of fans attending, so why not try other places? what is poosibly holding them bak from taking the next BIG step??

TNA is nowhere close to taking Impact around the country, from a fiscal standpoint. Sure, it would be cool if they could, as the hotter, larger crowds they draw to PPVs make TNA seem more major-league. However, ticket sales to the PPVs they take out of the Impact Zone are usually lackluster, and they paper a lot of events to make the building seem full.

I am an advocate of them getting out of the Impact Zone, but perhaps they shouldn't jump the gun in doing so...much like they have in placing the show opposite Raw on Monday nights. Maybe they could take it to smaller arenas in the region (Florida, Georgia, etc.). It may be better for them to build their fan base in the Southeast, much like WCW and Mid-Atlantic of the NWA did before they were ever seen as WWE's equals, much less its competiton.

I agree with others that production costs keep them in Orlando. Finding another venue in the state of Florida may help the rest of the country see TNA as something bigger. It's too regional. They did have good house shows in NYC and had a decent crowd for BFG in California but otherwise they please the same old WCW stalwart fans, myself included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back