• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should There Be A Knockout Feast Or Fired Match?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner...

At Final Resolution, we're going to see some of the top guys in TNA vying for title chances, with someone getting fired. There's been lots of talk around here on what can happen with the KO Tag titles, and the scene surrounding ODB and the KO Title.

Why not have a Feast Or Fired match for the ladies? ODB would be facing either Tara or Kong at the show, so the other can grab the briefcase for the singles title shot, and then just about anyone can grab the case for the tag shot.

As for the fired case, it could go to someone like Christy, who does nothing, or Traci, so she can return to a behind the scenes role in the KO Division.

I agree, TNA definitely has enough Knockouts to have a feast or fired match. You can have one briefcase be for the knockout's championship, and the other for the knockout's tag championship. With the last one of course having a pink slip.

I think ODB and Tara might be facing each other so TNA could have Hamada, Flash, Traci, TBP, Hemme, and Kong in the match. I would definitely put Lacey or Hemme on the losing end of that match. Maybe Flash could get the championship briefcase, and Hamada could get the tag championship one.

I think ODB and Tara might be facing each other so TNA could have Hamada, Flash, Traci, TBP, Hemme, and Kong in the match. I would definitely put Lacey or Hemme on the losing end of that match. Maybe Flash could get the championship briefcase, and Hamada could get the tag championship one.

I doubt they'd boot Lacey right now, since the Beautiful People segments are still drawing. Hemme would be my first choice, but Traci might be the smartest option, because she has potential for working backstage.

Flash grabbing the championship case would be huge, in my opinion. She can play the "classy heel", with ODB being the "lowly every-woman", in a classic angle that almost never fails.

Hamada grabbing the tag title case would be great, but who would she pick to team with? It's interesting to see all the possibilities. Does she go full-on face, or turn full-fledged heel? As long as they don't give it to Velvet or Madison, with the winner picking the other as a teammate, I'd be happy.

Velvet or Madison winning, and picking someone else would be interesting...

Yeah I think they should have one. I mean I think down the line Dixie will probably make a feast or fire match for the womens just like I also think eventually there going to have a queen of the mountain match for them to.

If they did have one this ppv I think either Lacey Von Erich Or Raisha Saeed would get the fired case and maybe daffeny get the knockout title shot and velvet get the tag title shot.

Yeah I think they should have one. I mean I think down the line Dixie will probably make a feast or fire match for the womens just like I also think eventually there going to have a queen of the mountain match for them to.

They have Queen Of The Cage, so I doubt they'd add in a Queen Of The Mountain, although it's not a terrible idea.

If they did have one this ppv I think either Lacey Von Erich Or Raisha Saeed would get the fired case and maybe daffeny get the knockout title shot and velvet get the tag title shot.

Raisha has pretty much been written off, so having her come back for one match would be kind of obvious. Her only purpose would be to stop Kong from grabbing a case, and to grab the fired case herself.

Lacey getting it would be nice, but as I stated previously, the BP segments are still big draws, so I don't see them changing anything. Her being gne wouldn't hurt, but it doesn't help, so why make the move?

Daffney would be a great choice for the KO Championship case, but she hasn't done much lately to show that she should be in the title picture. I know the case "overrides" that, but it would be nice to see someone with some recent in-ring credibility to work with. Besides, she has a program going with Raven and Stevie.

Velvet grabbing the tag title briefcase would be a good thing, as long as she doesn't choose Madison or Velvet to be her partner...They've had enough shots, and I don't think they need the case to stick around the scene.

But, if she grabbed the case, and chose anyone else, it's basically the end of the BP, and I'm not sure that will happen anytime recently.

They have Queen Of The Cage, so I doubt they'd add in a Queen Of The Mountain, although it's not a terrible idea.

Raisha has pretty much been written off, so having her come back for one match would be kind of obvious. Her only purpose would be to stop Kong from grabbing a case, and to grab the fired case herself.

Lacey getting it would be nice, but as I stated previously, the BP segments are still big draws, so I don't see them changing anything. Her being gne wouldn't hurt, but it doesn't help, so why make the move?

Daffney would be a great choice for the KO Championship case, but she hasn't done much lately to show that she should be in the title picture. I know the case "overrides" that, but it would be nice to see someone with some recent in-ring credibility to work with. Besides, she has a program going with Raven and Stevie.

Velvet grabbing the tag title briefcase would be a good thing, as long as she doesn't choose Madison or Velvet to be her partner...They've had enough shots, and I don't think they need the case to stick around the scene.

But, if she grabbed the case, and chose anyone else, it's basically the end of the BP, and I'm not sure that will happen anytime recently.

I didn't really know Raisha Saeed was written off tv. I though she was selling injury from that table bump. If that was the way to write her off then my mistake. Well I'm not really sure then who they can use the fire case on in less they used on Christy Heeme or something.

But I also see your point on if Lacey that if she was fired. But this is just a idea its probably a bad one. But they can use the fire case on Lacey and get Madison Rayne old tag team partner Nevaeh from Shimmer Wrestling and hire her. You probably haven't her of her or you might have but she is pretty good in the ring and her and Madison got some good chemistry together when they were a tag team.

I didn't really know Raisha Saeed was written off tv. I though she was selling injury from that table bump. If that was the way to write her off then my mistake.

It's never been said "Raisha is gone", and no announcement can be made saying she was fired (since technically, she's Alissa Flash), but I'm pretty sure the aim was to get Kong flying solo again, and have Melissa focus on one character.

Well I'm not really sure then who they can use the fire case on in less they used on Christy Heeme or something.

Heeme :lmao:

Sorry, it made me giggle.

But I also see your point on if Lacey that if she was fired. But this is just a idea its probably a bad one. But they can use the fire case on Lacey and get Madison Rayne old tag team partner Nevaeh from Shimmer Wrestling and hire her. You probably haven't her of her or you might have but she is pretty good in the ring and her and Madison got some good chemistry.

I know a lot more women's wrestling than you think. If they're going to raid SHIMMER though, I'd rather they got LuFisto (and/or Jennifer Blake) or the International Homewrecking Crew.

Considering the Feast Or Fired would be a great chance to debut some new people, signing either of those teams would be great, and put them into the match winning a title shot. I like the way you think.

The Dynamite Blondes would be a great pair to challenge for the tag titles, and they'd bring actual tag team experience to the KO Division. It would probably be the beginning of an actual tag movement...

Unless they have this match for Lacey to get fired for real then I don’t see why they would do it. Sure, they have two titles but if they do a feast or fired then I feel like they are adding gimmicks to the pay per view which are unnecessary. That’s something they haven’t done in a while (have many gimmick matches on a ppv) so I’d rather they stay away from that then go back to it.

For me, one battle royal thing is enough. They can do something else for the #1 contendership to the titles.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner...

At Final Resolution, we're going to see some of the top guys in TNA vying for title chances, with someone getting fired. There's been lots of talk around here on what can happen with the KO Tag titles, and the scene surrounding ODB and the KO Title.

Why not have a Feast Or Fired match for the ladies? ODB would be facing either Tara or Kong at the show, so the other can grab the briefcase for the singles title shot, and then just about anyone can grab the case for the tag shot.

As for the fired case, it could go to someone like Christy, who does nothing, or Traci, so she can return to a behind the scenes role in the KO Division.

I really like this idea. Plus it could utilize a lot of the Knockout Division and give everyone an excellent match with various Knockouts. I would use the singles shot, as you said on Tara or Kong, whomever ODB doesn't face. The tag shots though, would obviously end up in the hands of the BP as they will continue to go after Wilde and Sarita. And the fired case, I would give to Christy, as she doesn't do very much, of Traci, because this whole thing between her and Alissa just isn't doing much for me, so it would free up Alissa, and actually with the persona Alissa has, I could see her tossed into the Kong/Tara angle, as they are all fighters who show dominance.

Anyway, this is a great idea NSL. I'd gladly welcome this match onto the pay per view. As I said it would contain quite a few knockouts, so everyone would be pleased and it would be quite a good match.

The tag shots though, would obviously end up in the hands of the BP as they will continue to go after Wilde and Sarita.

I'm glad you like my idea, but I'm hoping you're wrong on this one.

With the Beautiful People already being established as a tag team, there's no need for them to win the case here. This match would be the perfect opportunity for TNA to expand their KO Tag Division, and possibly bring in new talent.

They struck gold by bringing Hamada in, so why not go to Japan, and find her a teammate? They don't need mic skills, because they'd be fine at working a match. It'd also be interesting to see how they do against the technically skilled Canadians, and the blonde bombshells with seemingly limited ability.

I'm glad you like my idea, but I'm hoping you're wrong on this one.

With the Beautiful People already being established as a tag team, there's no need for them to win the case here. This match would be the perfect opportunity for TNA to expand their KO Tag Division, and possibly bring in new talent.

They struck gold by bringing Hamada in, so why not go to Japan, and find her a teammate? They don't need mic skills, because they'd be fine at working a match. It'd also be interesting to see how they do against the technically skilled Canadians, and the blonde bombshells with seemingly limited ability.

That's true too. They really do need to expand the division, otherwise those belts will be worth as much as the WWE tag championships are/were in the past months. I think to form another tag team, and this is within reason, Hamada and Flash could tag, Flash could pull the whole respect angle. Also, I'd like to see Daffney in the ring some more, I don't believe she's wrestled since the match she took the tacks in?

Also if they intend to keep Traci active for a bit, why not have Hemme tag with her, it gives them both something to do, and I'm sure that since the MEM is disbanded and Traci never really played a big role in the match, that she can be a face.

Hopefully this doesn't count as spam or anything, as it's not really on the topic of the opening post, as moreso a reply to your's NSL.

Unless they have this match for Lacey to get fired for real then I don’t see why they would do it. Sure, they have two titles but if they do a feast or fired then I feel like they are adding gimmicks to the pay per view which are unnecessary. That’s something they haven’t done in a while (have many gimmick matches on a ppv) so I’d rather they stay away from that then go back to it.

For me, one battle royal thing is enough. They can do something else for the #1 contendership to the titles.

They haven't had a PPV overloaded with gimmick matches? Really? Did you watch Bound For Glory? I think the only one-on-one match was AJ v. Sting, and there was still the added storyline that Sting might be done after that.

Oh wait...There was Angle v Morgan...So, 2...On a card of about 9 matches.

Also if they intend to keep Traci active for a bit, why not have Hemme tag with her, it gives them both something to do, and I'm sure that since the MEM is disbanded and Traci never really played a big role in the match, that she can be a face.

Considering I said it should be Hemme or Traci grabbing the Fired case, I can't agree with you here (on principle :lmao:).

They worked a match against each other, since both had been in Playboy, and teaming them could only be done for the same reason. This would just be rehashing even more WWE material, and TNA should stay away from it. They should either have Traci grab the case, and work backstage, or give Hemme her walking papers, and let her take the FFG to Smackdown...

They haven't had a PPV overloaded with gimmick matches? Really? Did you watch Bound For Glory? I think the only one-on-one match was AJ v. Sting, and there was still the added storyline that Sting might be done after that.

Oh wait...There was Angle v Morgan...So, 2...On a card of about 9 matches.

NSL…I think you should ask yourself if you saw BFG. I’ll admit that I didn’t see the first half but I just looked up on Wiki and only 4 matches that were show on the ppv had gimmicks added to them. It is 6 if you count a triple threat as a gimmick.

Still though, I think that they’ve cut down on the amount of gimmick matches they are doing on pay per view. Not too long ago they had a ppv that, if I’m not mistaken, had every if not most matches with a gimmick added to them.

While I think that it’s nice if they knockouts did get a match like this because it shows they are important too, I don’t think it’s necessary. One feast or fired match is enough for a show. No need to do two. But like I said earlier, they can still do something to crown new #1 contender for the titles (tag and singles).

NSL…I think you should ask yourself if you saw BFG. I’ll admit that I didn’t see the first half but I just looked up on Wiki and only 4 matches that were show on the ppv had gimmicks added to them. It is 6 if you count a triple threat as a gimmick.

I said 2 out of 9...Leaving 7 with gimmicks...I was one off. Sue me. It was a few months ago.

Still though, I think that they’ve cut down on the amount of gimmick matches they are doing on pay per view. Not too long ago they had a ppv that, if I’m not mistaken, had every if not most matches with a gimmick added to them.

I don't see the problem with it, to be honest. They're gimmick matches are actually entertaining, and allow all of the guys in the match to work their style. WWE does crazy shit like put Big Show in a Punjabi Prison Match.

TNA's gimmick matches are also (mostly) unique to that company. Why not showcase them, trying to grab new fans?

While I think that it’s nice if they knockouts did get a match like this because it shows they are important too, I don’t think it’s necessary. One feast or fired match is enough for a show. No need to do two. But like I said earlier, they can still do something to crown new #1 contender for the titles (tag and singles).

What else can they do? They have no other tag teams right now, and allowing someone to pick their own partner in a storyline with the case, is easy, and gives you a new contender. It also gives us the chance of someone getting a singles title shot that we're not expecting at the moment. How excited would you be for an ODB v. Hamada match, when you've only seen her fight Tara and Kong recently? Or ODB v. Velvet Sky?

It gives them new avenues to book the Knockouts, while expanding current storylines in the match.

Eh, I am not completely sold on this idea, NSL. I could get behind some sort of match that determined the number one contenders, a feast if you will, but not the fired part. Most of the Knockouts are fairly good and carry their weight wround the division. Christy was getting decent before her injury and Traci wasn't to bad last I saw. Basically, I don't think any of the Kockouts deserve to be "fired" but title contenders do need to be established. So I can agree to about 50% of this idea.

Eh, I am not completely sold on this idea, NSL. I could get behind some sort of match that determined the number one contenders, a feast if you will, but not the fired part. Most of the Knockouts are fairly good and carry their weight wround the division. Christy was getting decent before her injury and Traci wasn't to bad last I saw. Basically, I don't think any of the Kockouts deserve to be "fired" but title contenders do need to be established. So I can agree to about 50% of this idea.

Except for a stalled beginning to a feud with Alissa, what has Traci done lately, besides show her goods online? She's better for the division working backstage...She did it for a while after the belt was created, and it got the division off to a good start. Why not do it again now? Have her be "fired", only for Mick to offer her a spot behind the scenes?

And Christy might have been getting better at one point, but she has nothing now. Her most interesting time was during the Rock N Rave Infection, and if you missed the thread, it was still a big fat FAIL.

I'm all for having the "Fired" angle to the match. No reason to create another gimmick match, when there's a perfectly good one accessible to you.

NSL, I can see what your getting at and it wouldn't be a terrible idea to get Traci Brooks back into a backstage role, I just don't think a Knockouts Feast or Fired is the answer. The match always seems to break down into one giant clusterfuck whenever I watch one and to have two clusterfucks on one pay per view just sounds like bad booking. I love watching the X division guys go crazy one uping each other but to have Knockouts do it as well just doesn't sound appealing to me. I can get behind the X division guys while I am not behind the Knockout division nearly as much as I was when it was first introduced. I just would rather not see it, but I do think the Tag titles and KO title need some clear contenders in line.

As for Christy Hemme, I thought her best work was after the Rock and Rave Infection was killed off. She did pretty good when AJ was training her up until she injured herself. I haven't seen her lately and honestly don't even know if she has returned from her injury but I don't think she needs to be fired. If any KO were to get fired I would vote for Raisha Saeed so that they can focus on Alissa Flash more.

I think that this would be a good idea. It could have the same four poles. One has a KO shot, one has a pink slip and the other two have the KO tag team shot. The two ko's that get the cases MUST team up with each other for the shot.

With the issue of who would get fired. They should bring back Raesha Saeed to stop Kong getting the last briefcase. In the case could be the pink slip but Raesha could reveal herself as alissa flash leading to a feud between the still hired flash and kong. Ths would push Flash to the KO singles title

I can see it for the Knockout title but not for the tag titles. As of right now, there are really only two actual Knockout tag teams in TNA and I'm getting kind of tired of seeing Sarita & Taylor Wilde beat The Beautiful People. And, of those two actual teams, only Sarita and Wilde really have any chemistry going for them. The Beautiful People, gorgeous as they are, are just three beautiful women tossed into the mix in the hopes of keeping one of TNA's most successful groups alive. None of the BP are particularly strong in the ring, that goes quadruple for Lacey Von Erich and there's just no chemistry like there was when it was Angelina and Velvet. I'd like to see more teams come about in the division, but I just don't want TNA to slap together any two random Knockouts and call them a tag team as I just don't think it works. As it stands right now, the Knockout tag titles are pretty useless.

I can see it for the Knockout title but not for the tag titles. As of right now, there are really only two actual Knockout tag teams in TNA and I'm getting kind of tired of seeing Sarita & Taylor Wilde beat The Beautiful People.

This is precisely why I think it would be perfect. Anyone can grab that case, and then from there, there's an endless possibility of who they can team with to chase the titles.

It's an instant storyline, and requires almost no booking behind teaming two women together. Imagine someone like Alissa Flash grabbing it. She is liked by none of the other KOs. There'd be at least a month of her looking for a partner, and then who knows how long until they cash in the case. This match opens the booking for the Tag Titles...

I think that Knockout Feast Or Fired Match would be great. The Knockouts have a good enough division that it would make for an interesting match. They would probably not be able to have as many briefcases since there are only 3 different options than could be done: Knockout title, Knockout tag titles, and Fired.

Maybe they could do something a little different. Have 6 briefcases. 2 Knockout title shots, 2 Knockout tag title shots (whoever has it can pick their own partner), and 2 pink slips. Having 2 winners could make for some interesting (but potentially strange) booking in the future when it comes to the title shots being cashed in though, so I will just go with 1 of each.

If this happened then I would give the Knockout title shot to Taylor Wilde. She is my favorite Knockout and her title reign was so under-rated. She could be Knockout Champion again and still continue her tag title run with Sarita.

The Knockout tag title shot is tougher to pick. My favorite team (Taylor & Sarita) already have the titles. I think I would give it to Alyssa Flash then have it to where she can pick a tag team partner to challenge Taylor & Sarita. That'd be entertaining.

The fired case would go to Kong. I know some of you may disagree with me there but I just can't stand her. She's so boring.

Six cases is way too many. That'd be almost every Knockout worth a damn grabbing a case. There's no problem with there only being 3 cases. If they want to add another one, they can just add the second tag title shot, and give us a team right away.

Of course, I disagree on Kong getting fired...Especially considering I said she would be my choice to grab the title shot. I don't see how you can say she's boring. She's not the easiest on the eyes, but she's a great "monster heel", and her matches are among the best in Knockout history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back