• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should the WWE re-sign Rikishi?

I love rikishi but i wouldn't want him back full time,maybe hire him back to help the usos but nothing more.Maybe because wwe shouldn't live in the past and should try focusing more on there unused talent.

Like others have already said, I think Rikishi showed a decent amount of ring rust as well. He only hit three moves (maybe four?) on Slater as far as I remember from the match: his signature side kick, the stink face, and the Banzai Drop (I don't remember what Rikishi called the move). Personally, I was hoping we'd see the Rikishi Driver (I think that's what it was called?), but I doubt that Rikishi is strong enough anymore to even get Slater up. He probably would have hurt himself on the way down, anyway.

Was it just me, or did Rikishi's legs and rear-end look even bigger than they used to? I know the guy was always big, but he looked even bigger on Raw last night. I'm not expecting that he would be in the same shape that he was in the late 90s/early 00s, but I don't think he's in any shape to be on the current WWE roster.

Am I the only one who was hoping to see Scotty Too Hotty and/or Grand Master Sexay appear when the lights turned back on? I guess "the worm" would have overshadowed Rikishi's appearance, anyway. Dancing with the Usos was a nice touch, but I would have rather seen a one-night-only Too Cool reunion.

I know the guy was always big....

Well, not always. Check him out in the 1986 movie "Body Slam." He was Sam Fatu & he was downright svelte.

Times sure change.

samgpn.jpg

I marked out when Rikishi came out. As much as I'd love to see him back in some capacity, he'd have to do some serious training to get back into ring shape.

As for ideas for what Rikishi could be used for: Wouldn't mind seeing some kind of Pacific Island stable arise with The Usos, Rikishi, Leakee (FCW), Camacho (Donny Marlow in FCW, who is Tongan-American), and Tamina Snuka. Managing the Usos is another obvious choice. A big, dominating figure like Rikishi could get them a few wins, and title shots. Also, everyone is commenting on how Brodus and Rikishi can't exist in the same company. Why not? Partner them together in a tag team. More fun to make the kids happy, and they could switch up the dances every week.

Bottom line of the matter is that Rikishi looked rusty last night. Under his current condition, I wouldn't even draw up a contract for re-signing him. Make him lose a good 30-40lbs of fat, and then get him in ring shape, and then we'd talk.

As much as I love Rikishi, no way in hell should he come back. The only possible way it would be acceptable is if he were managing his sons but we don't need to see that right now. He's a great character and one of my favorite superstars from the old days but the most I want him doing is returning every couple years for a guest appearance like he did last night. It was entertaining and fun but the guy is way past his prime and doing what he did last night looked like the hardest thing he's done since get off the sofa last week. Let his sons carry on the family's legacy and have their opportunity to shine like he once did.

I don't think Kish (yea I can call him that) would do much for the WWE universe. No disrespect in anyway, but the man who ran over SCSA cause "he did it fo the rock" is no Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, or Dwayne Johnson.

If anything though, if he has talent behind the scenes as a road agent (for example), sign him up. Personally, I'd like to see some life come back to Tag Teams and maybe (just maybe) The USOs could end up on a run as good as the Wild Samoans, if not better.

They could have him manage his sons and Tamina. That's one way.

Or they could turn the Rock heel (if he wins the title), have Rikishi as his number one enforcer. Then have the Usos and Tamina join them and form a stable to dominate the Raw roster, then SD if they so wish. Rikishi wrestles an occasional match here and there, tag matches, maybe a six man tag or something but spends more time interfering in the Rock's (possibly Usos' and Tamina's) matches on his behalf.

It was good to see Rikishi again, I've personally always been a fan of his. But as far as signing him to a WWE contract, I'm not so sure if that would be a good idea. He's showing his age, and he can't move all that well. So to sign him as an active wrestler would be an awful idea in my opinion. However, maybe signing him for a non-wrestling role, that would be okay.

no. anyone can look good in one match but that doesn't mean they will do well week to week. and maybe it is just me but once someone's kids are old enough to wrestle, time for the dad to step down. i don't think he would help them as a manager either. he isn't that good on the mic and i just see too many storylines where his weight, and the teasing that they will turn into him, are a huge part of it and that's just lame. besides, if they haven't had a place for him over the last decade, why now?

Last night, Rikishi returned and squash The One Man Band, Heath Slater. The crowd was very happy to see Rikishi back. They even started a big "RIKISHI" chant. After the match, The Uso's came down and danced with their father. This got me wondering, should the WWE re-sign the big man back? I think so. Even if he doesn't wrestle on a weekly basis, he could be used as a manager for the Uso's and help them get over. I think it would be a very smart move by the WWE to have Rikishi back. Not only did he look good for a man his size, but he didn't show any ring rust at all! What do you think?

No I don't think so. He's bigger and slower than before. There's a reason why they didn't let Slater attempt to knock him down. He wouldn't have been able to get back up. I like the idea of managing his sons though.

I always liked Rikishi, lots of charisma and good in the ring. I don't think bringing him back to wrestle a regular schedule would make any sense but having him manage his sons and work the odd match could be just the bit extra the Uso's need.

no

I loved Rikishi back in the day but would he work now??

maybe as a manager to his sons or maybe as a tag team partner to Brodus Clay or maybe as a hell and feud with Clay but I dont think WWE needs rikishi anymore he is well past his prime.

he looked bad against Slater and should have aleast used some tan in a can before that match.

NOPE

I thought that was the worst match of all of the legends so far. I am not stating that the other legend matches were great , but they were more than 2 moves. Also, I am sure that I am going to get knocked for this, but when the lights went out I didn't want to see the sentimental moment with his sons. I wanted Scotty 2 Hotty and Brian Christopher out there dancing alongside Rikishi

Why do posts like this come on the forums after every legend appearance?

The answer is No. Rikishi is no longer in ring shape. There is a reason his match consisted of 3 moves.

To those mentioning how Rikishi should be a manager for the Usos, I disagree. Rikishi was NEVER good on the Mic. The only thing that ever got him over was the dancing. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Usos and Tamina doing some sort of Too Cool 2.0 gimmick however as I am a fan of their ring work but feel their lack of gimmick/character makes them stale.

Sign him to a Legends deal if he isn't already. If he's not included in WWE '13 by default, go ahead and make him available as DLC. Have him make a token appearance from time to time, but nothing even remotely frequent. Throw in an appearance in the Royal Rumble match just for the hell of it.

Rikishi doesn't have enough gas in the tank to stay over if he's on TV on a weekly basis as either a manager or wrestler. But the 3-4x per year old timers pop? Definitely

No thanks, it'd just be another indictment, on WWE totally failing to develop their own talent. They think Ryback is what fans want, the whole company is clueless

Rikishi was great back then i think that if he would come back to wwe pg would ruin his image it would be great to see him weekly but to be honest the only way i want to see him back in the future is to be inducted in the hall of fame

i would love to see the big man back. he would not need to wrestle every week. just have him manage the uso's. and if the uso's end up in a rivalry with the prime time player's then you could have him face abraham washington in a manager vs manager match. it would be funny as hell seeing abraham get the stink face.

I don't want to see him in WWE at all. WWE already has bunch loads of talent waiting to be pushed.

And with Rikishi we get to see same old stink face, same old dance every week, I am so over that, please no! He is not needed anyways with so many heavy guys in the promotion already. (Henry, Show, Clay, Tensai, Lesnar) already in.

Are we going to have one of these threads every week until the 1000th Raw?

Just saying.

Anyway, as with everyone who has faced Slater recently, they should be nowhere near a ring on a regular basis. Just because they get a big pop once out of the audience's sheer surprise, doesn't mean that they'll get such a reception in subsequent weeks.

And yes, don't delude yourselves, Rikishi's "wrestling" on Monday was dire. Whilst I really liked the tribute to his late brother Umaga, Rikishi himself only performed 4 moves and probably didn't take that many more steps. He didn't look fit or in shape at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back