Should Taker have a heel run?

Mattyboy

Occasional Pre-Show
I say its about time Taker had a heel run. I love Taker, he's been my favourite since his debut. But lately, his storylines have always had the same feel to them-he gets screwed or is outnumbered, vanishes, comes back and wins. Its still entertaining, but it isnt fresh.

At this stage, Taker has been a face for 4years, and i think a monster heel turn ala Ministry of Darkness Taker would be perfect for him, and set up some great matches. Takers promos were always better as a heel anyway.

When he was heel we got some classic feuds-Taker v Austin being my fav in WWE history. But there was also Taker v Rock aswell. Taker has had a few face v face feuds since his return to the darkside, but i still feel a full on heel turn would be unexpected and exciting. Im not saying return him to his Ministry gimmick [though id mark out], but that evil streak had was great to watch-remember at the end of Fully Loaded 1999 when he snapped and ruined Austin after losing to him?

Any thoughts?

Pointless in my opinion. I don't think there is enough time left in the Undertakers career to give him a heel run. He has one of the most loyal fanbases in WWE and no matter how hard they try I think it would be very difficult to get all or even the majority of fans to boo him.

Todays WWE is a diffren't landscape to the Attitude Era or 'Takers heel feuds with the Rock and Stone Cold. 'Taker feuded with them when they where already WAY over as faces and he was a legitimate heel. There is no one in WWE that popular who could benefit from a feud with a heel 'Taker.

It can only be a matter of years now before the sad fact becomes a reality and The Undertaker hangs up his boots for good. Why destroy all of the momentum he has built as a face over the past four years and send him out to a chorus of boos?

I absolutely loved the Ministry of Darkness angle and didn't even mind the whole Corperate Ministry thing but I agree with Jpfizzle that no-one would really benifit from Undertaker becoming heel. The crowd love him so much that they'd still cheer even if he went back to the old days.
I do, however, agree that the whole going away, coming back and winning thing is getting old. I hope that his rivalry with Big Show will result in something different. I know he's got the problems with his knees at the moment and is working a lighter schedule until he's pain free, but I'd like the Big Show fued to be a nice little angle maybe involving another couple of wrestlers and the WWE Championship with Taker costing Show the title or something.

I also think that Taker is WAY too over to still work as a heel... The only option he has with that would probably be doing the Biker-thing once again - simply for the reason that that gimmick always wasn't as accepted as the "Dead Man"... but in his more "secular" Biker-persona, he could be a believable heel, because people just don't love Biker-Taker the way they love Under-Taker. And for an entire full-fledged Ministry-type of run Taker's career isn't going to last long enough anymore I guess.

But as "Dead Man", I see him as a face till the end of his active in-ring days.

Impossible. Taker can come out every week on SmackDown and Tombstone a Diva, and the fans will still go crazy over him, he is just that popular. A heel turn would be a nice change of pace, but it seems that the WWE would rather have their top level veterans remain Faces for the rest of their careers(HHH, HBK, and Taker being the main three). The only guys receiving heel turns these days is the younger stars, that's how it usually is done in the business, most of the biggest Face wrestlers we know all got their big break being a heel in their prime(Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK, Taker, Cena, Batista, etc.). That being said, there is no possible way Taker can turn heel at this point in his career.

I agree, right now it would be almost impossible to turn the Undertaker heel. As Skullz Crack'em pointed out, all the people who are turning heel are younger guys, while all the older veterns are being cheered, see Big Show when he first came back and even Kane and Jericho are still getting some cheers even though WWE has gone to great lengths to get them over as heels. Anyone who's been here a long time is getting cheered and the Undertaker is the grand daddy of them all, with Micheals, who will probably never ever go heel again. The fans love him way to much for them to ever turn on him, he's like Austin was in 98/99, he could tombstone a diva, Santa Clause, or the Pope and he'll still get cheered for it. Especially now that Taker is in the twilight of his career. Turning heel now at the end of his career won't do anything for him. The WWE is going to ride out the mystic and aura of the Taker out as long as they can, and the best way for them to do that is as a face.

well everyone has already pointed out that he is too over to have a heel Taker. But there is one man who could make him a face, especially through some others. Triple H, pushed as the ultimate face, beating guys like Umaga, Kennedy and MVP. Then have the three heels beat up The Game, when out of no where, Edge returns, and saves the Game. This would make Edge a super over face. The Next week, have a scene where Edge has been laid out, but by who? Triple H is going around looking for the culprit. Finally he goes to the ring, and calls on the culprit. Big Show Comes out, a fight insues, and have Big Show take the advantage. Have Big show put Triple H's neck in a chair, fold it up, when all of a sudden, The Lights go out. Taker Returns out of no where into the ring. A staredown insues. Triple H slowely gets up, while the two monsters stare at eachother, and finally both grab Triple H, and double chokeslam him through the chair. Then you have Undertaker and Big Show as the main heels, and Edge and Triple H as the main faces.

Itd be interesting to see but it cant happen the crowd loves undertaker far too much for him to turn heel. Im sure theres way to turn undertaker heel like have him side with vickie but i dont see it happening He is still a decent wrestler and has a few years left. They should probably be spent as a face

In my opinion, Undertaker SHOULDN'T become a heel again, but if WWE did decide to turn him heel, I'm all for it. I agree that as a face he does the same set of things to different superstars and it's getting old, but nonetheless, not less entertaining. Undertaker has been my favorite superstar from the first time I started watching 5 years ago and a heel turn could be a nice change of pace. Undertaker as ''The Phenom'' simply will not work as a heel. In order to become a heel, he would need a completely new gimmick change and new opponents.

yeah he needs the ministrey of darkness heel character again for sure. im not sure who should be in it. taker could make sacrifices like he use to in the ring to make them join. he could even involve the boss again. vince can come back and blame taker for the stage fall. then taker becomes outraged and changes his character overhul. vince can play the good guy and taker the bad guy by admiting it. we could have the corperatio vs ministery again. here are some of my ideas for both groups. let me know what you think.
MINISTERY

1 BOOGEYMAN THIS GETS HIM BACK ON TV AND HE IS ALREADY CREEPEY ANYWAY.
2 ELIGAH BURKE THIS COULD HELP HIS CARRER BEGIN A NEW PATH AND GREAT HEEL VOICE
3 FETUS GREAT RING WORK AND CRAZY AS HELL
4 RYA BRADDOCK REAL SICK LOOK TO HIM AS WELL
5 UMAGA GREAT MONSTER IN THE GROUP TAKERS POWER
6 AS FAR AS TAG TEAM HOW ABOUT SHELTO AND MVP THEY CAN BE TE NEW ACOLYTES
7 EDGE BEEN IN BEFORE AND GREAT WORKER FOR TAKERS DIRTY TOP WORK

CORPERATIO LEDEAR VINCE
1 BIG SHOW GREAT TO MATCH UMAGA POWER
2 MR KENNEDY GREAT ON MIC AND COULD BE RIGHT HAND MAN
3 CARLTIO AND PRIMO COLON AS TAG TEAM TO HELP VINCE NUMBER WISE
4 R RUTH GREAT ATHLETE WITH SKILLS CAN BE VOICE AS WELL
5 JEFF HARDY SO OVERWITH THE FANS GREAT TOP MAN
6 HBK AND HHH CAN HELP VINCE IF POSSIABLE WITH OVERAUL GROUP

I DONT SEE THIS WORKING BECAUSE TAKERS TO OVER WITH THE CROWD HE WOULD HAVE TO TARGET A FAVORITE LIKE HHH OR HBK OR HARDY. ALSO THATS WHY I PUT DX AND HARDY IN WITH VINCE SO IT IS BELIEVABLE AKER IS A BAD HEEL

Heel run for Taker? Smackdown no, Raw yes. Hes been on Smackdown so long, hes the most over. He would still get cheered against anybody. If you bring him to raw, he could help his brother against guys like Rey Rey, batista, or punk, in a brutal way, it could work.

I say yes. Undertaker is great and by great I mean over, but he has become so stale as a face with not alot of competition left that a heel turn would be good for him. They could have him side with Vickie & Big Show, then have him destroy Hardy & HHH, that should give him a little heat. He would also get heat because of Vickie. Taker should be a heel one more time before his career is over and it would make him less of a bore(to me anyways)

I think an Undertaker heel turn could work. I remember when Jericho returned, some said he could never have a successful heel turn because he had a large fan base, but, with the right feud and writing, his heel turn has come along pretty good. My point being, if they were to have Taker feud with the right face, someone over like Jeff Hardy, a heel turn probably could be pretty easy to write up from there. It would probably freshen him up a bit as well, considering he has been boring as of late in my opinion.

I think it would be good, but the crowd dictates how Taker is. He is the same character he has been for years. It's just who he chooses to torture.

Fact is, he is sooooooo over as a face, it would be difficult to turn him. The best way would be for him to chase a champion Jeff Hardy, but that appears to be Kozlov's job. Or if HHH wins, have a #1 conteder's feud and have Taker kidnap Jeff and torture him. In any event, it would be tough, but very interesting.

Reactions: Tim
Yes he should. But the point is, he won't. He's too over with the fans at the moment, and Raw fans will still recognise him if he moves to Raw and he will be cheered there. I don't even think his old Ministry of Darkness gimmick could turn him face either. I actually like FTS's idea, if he kidnapped a super over face champion, it could turn him heel, but I wouldn't know how to keep him heel.

Yes i feel that a heel turn with a stable sort of like the ministry of darkness would be perfect for him maybe bringing back edge from "hell" and to work for him as he use to as Undertaker is doing the same old crap and its boring so a heel turn for Taker would be a great thing

Hogan turned heel at a late age, didn't he?

I mean he did jump to WCW, but it wasn't like WCW fans were unfamiliar with the Immoral Hulk Hogan. He did turn heel when he made the switch, right? I never bothered with WCW, it came on a UHF channel out here, so it was always too fuzzy to watch.

As long as they let Taker keep his Mania streak, I don't really care if he stays face or heel. But I wouldn't mind seeing him align with Edge, I think the two would be a passable tag team, or even members of the same stable.

just make him an anti hero just like the classic days. Let him rip of jeff hardy, tombstoning divas, taking steph ransom again to mess with HHH while at the mean time still pissing off bigshow and vickie.

I think at thias point if his career I don't think he could be a effective heel as in the attitude era or in 2003. He plays a evil gimmick which normally people associate with a heel as a face. Its very hard for him to do anything that a heel would do and not be cheered. Plus taker is one of the few faces on smackdown who looks believable as a champion because the roster is too heavily packed with heels. Taker is only stale because of trips slaughtering the roster and none of heels coming off credible. Taker turning would not solve this. He just hbk no matter who he faces he can't make a full turn to heel.

I think at thias point if his career I don't think he could be a effective heel as in the attitude era or in 2003. He plays a evil gimmick which normally people associate with a heel as a face. Its very hard for him to do anything that a heel would do and not be cheered. How can u make a person who takes souls any more evil than that. The funny part he does a lot of heel moves and its like the fans dont care so what can u do? Plus taker is one of the few faces on smackdown who looks believable as a champion because the roster is too heavily packed with heels. Smackdown is stale not taker and the only reason it is stale because of trips slaughtering the roster and none of heels coming off credible. Taker turning would not solve this. He just hbk no matter who he faces he can't make a full turn to heel.

Heres a good question for all you Taker fans....

Do you think the Undertaker would STILL have his undefeated streak at mania had Shawn Michaels NOT hurt his back and not be out for 4-5 years? Why or why not?

Interesting question, causes one to think, who knows, i mean Micheals was breaking down walls then who knows he coulve ended taker's streak, too bad we wont get to find out.''As for taker turning heel i'd love for that to happen, I misss the Lord of darkness Sacrificing days of the undertaker, but i think he has too large of a fnbase to go heel for too long, as a member mentioned here befoore he will eventually start looking like the cool guy that everyone will like though hes a heel, kind of like making Cena go heel, as much as alot of us would like it, its simple that eventually he'll get cheers based on his heel attitude which will make him a face again

I argee with all the reasons y taker can't go heel but another is that at this stage of his career how effective would his heel turn be? On the smackdown roster there is no one on the roster believable to replace taker as a main event face smackdown only has a hand full of faces as it is and taker is the most over face on the show. Taker is only boring cuz he doesn't have a opponent that is seen as a threat to him he has worked with some terrible wrestlers if he waqs on raw he wouldn't be as stale as he is cuz he would have fresh opponents

I dont think Taker needs another heel run, he is doing just fine as a face and while his routine and stories are basically the same all the time, I dont think it matters all that much. The guy is still way over and can still put on good matches, plus his program with The Big Show is interesting at the moment.

If it were to be done then I think allying with Edge would be a bold move that could very well work in both mens favour, they could team up and go after HHH's WWE championship as ally's that really dont trust each other or get along, it would be like Undertaker and HHH in the corporate ministry all over again.

I just really dont see the point, it would accomplish a grand total of fuck all anyway, basically the undertaker is doing just fine as he is and even if he is getting boring a heel turn shouldnt always be the answer.

I don't see why everyone thinks Undertaker's too over to get a heel push. He's perfectly capable of becoming a heel. If Hogan could turn heel, anybody could. Do y'all remember how big Hogan was? Pretty freakin big. And when he became a heel, he got bigger and it worked greatly. Also, when Shawn Michaels had his little stint as a heel in '06 it worked. I mean it wasn't like Orton good, but he was getting alot of boos. That's why Taker could pull it off. He's not as over as Hogan was back then. But if they wanted him to turn heel, they'd first have to move him to Raw. Smackdown has too many heels. He could go to Raw and turn on HBK like HBK did to Hogan but different. That right there would make him a huge heel right there. And if creative was creative enough they could make him one of the biggest heels there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back