• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Jeremy Horn be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame someday?

jmt225

Global Moderator
In my opinion, Jeremy Horn is one of the greatest fighters who ever lived. At only 34-years-old, he already has 108 fights under his belt, with a record of 84–19–5. It's truly unbelievable. Before it's all said and done, the guy could end up having 200 fights to his name, you never know.

However, his success in the UFC has been limited. He's record in the company is 6-7, with his most recent run in the company ending off a three fight losing streak (he has won four straight since his latest UFC departure, for the record). Regardless of this statistic, should he be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame someday, even if he never "succeeds" in the company?

In my opinion, he definitely should be. To me, the UFC Hall of Fame should be considered the MMA Hall of Fame, much like WWE's Hall of Fame is considered the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. And with that, how do you not induct someone like Jeremy Horn? Not only does he have over 100 fights, but the guy has fought the absolute best of the best the sport has ever seen. Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Dan Severn, Forrest Griffin, and Big Nog are just a few of names Horn has fought in his career, and not only did he fight them, but he put up great performances in each and every one of them, and he even won a couple of those as well.

So, what do you think? Agree with me, or do you think the UFC Hall of Fame should be reserved for the true UFC greats? Do you consider Jeremy Horn legend, or just a journeyman who never reached his full potential?

Yes. Jeremy Horn is one of my favorites of all time man, my very first UFC PPV, he was headlining against Chuck Liddell, and even though Chuck gave him a pretty thorough ass whippen, I came out of that fight a bigger fan of Horn then Chuck.

but the guy has fought the absolute best of the best the sport has ever seen Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Dan Severn, Forrest Griffin and Big Nog
I know that list looks impressive, but what is impressive is that the short list of names just doesn't do him justice, he really has fought everybody. Gilbert Yvel, Ricardo Arona 2X, Akira Shoji, Kiyoshi Tamura,Cheal Sonnen 2X, Chilad Arrab(A kickboxer, a good one at that) Dean Lister 2X, you name them, Horns probably been in a fight with them. If the UFC hall of fame is going to operate in the same vein of the WWE HOF, then yes he is more then deserving. I doubt he gets in though, I really do. I think that he will always be remembered in a good light because of his huge record and a few big name victorys, and for the fact of how many damn submission wins he has despite not having a belt in BJJ. I don't think they will let him in the HOF though, its a damn shame too.

BTW, JMT, its funny you started a Jeremy Horn thread about this, I was going to start a favorite fighters thread, and I was actually going to say something about Horn and the HOF. Ironic Huh?

Jeremy Horn is a mixed martial arts legend. He is the epitamy of a journeyman and not many more people wuld deserve the honor of being inducted into the Hall of Fame then him. I personally feel he would be a great inductee into the UFC Hall of Fame.

That being said, I do not see it happening anytime soon. This decision is a long ways off and regardless of his overall record his UFC record is what will shine out most of all on his HOF resume. The fact that he has a losing record in the UFC will be held against him. I believe he could get in but it will be years from now, well after he wins fight number 100 and possible clears the 200 fight mark.

Heres hoping he gets in but he still has a hell of a road to climb.

I think that if he managed to beat Chuck Liddell for the Light Heavyweight Title when he had his shot, chances are he'd get consideration. The thing is, I'm not sure he'll get it. Sure, his career winning percentage is 77.8%. That's REALLY good. The man has fought in 108 fights and to have that type of win percentage is unreal.

However, he has a below .500 UFC record, which would definitely go against him as far as getting consideration goes. Another thing that would be going against him: Almost every single big name he's gone up against, he's lost to. Sure, he beat Chuck Liddell, but that was in Liddell's third career fight. Liddell avenged that loss years later. Horn deserves credit for taking him into the fourth round, especially considering Liddell was in his prime at that point, but the fact remains that he still lost.

Unfortunately, his losses to bigger names look like this:

Rousimar Palhares (a middleweight prospect)
Nate Marquardt
Matt Lindland
Chuck Liddell
Anderson Silva
Babalu Sobral
Ricardo Arona (Twice)
Elvis Sinosic (I still don't know how he ever got a title shot)
Randy Couture
Minotauro Nogueira
Frank Shamrock

And those are just the more well known fighters.

Sure, he's beaten Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, and Chael Sonnen three times, but that was when the former two were still very raw, and Chael Sonnen has never been good until the last couple of years. But I mean, other than that... Gilbert Yvel? Travis Fulton? It just seems that almost every relatively big name he's ever gone up against, he's lost to.

I'm not going to discredit anything that he's done. He's a very good MMA fighter and he's done a lot for the sport of mixed martial arts. He's also a tough son of a bitch. 108 fights, it's unreal. He has a true passion for the sport too. He said he doesn't care about winning, he just likes to fight more than anything else.

Unfortunately, his lack of victories over real top talent is probably going to be what hinders his chances at ever being a Hall of Famer.

No i do not think that jeremy horn should be in the hall of fame i mean he is a good fighter but he is not an elite fighter and the hall of fame is for the best of the best not really good. He has won a lot of fights but a lot of those wins have been against average competition. When he did get to fight the bigger names in the sport he lost and if you can win against the best you have no business in the hall of fame in my opinion.

No i do not think that jeremy horn should be in the hall of fame i mean he is a good fighter but he is not an elite fighter and the hall of fame is for the best of the best not really good. He has won a lot of fights but a lot of those wins have been against average competition. When he did get to fight the bigger names in the sport he lost and if you can win against the best you have no business in the hall of fame in my opinion.

Oh so your going to make the elite argument, lol? Well then I just have one name for you Charles Lewis. Better known as Mask was not an elite fighter at yet he is in the UFC HOF. This alone is reason enough for Jeremy Horn to get into the HOF. If a guy who was best known for making mma clothing can get in the I sure as hell believe a man who is nearing 100 professional wins deserves to get it. Not tomorrow, not at UFC 109, not even this year, but way down the line when his career is over, then and only then should he get in and that would also be based on him not having a complete breakdown as a fighter.

Oh so your going to make the elite argument, lol? Well then I just have one name for you Charles Lewis. Better known as Mask was not an elite fighter at yet he is in the UFC HOF. This alone is reason enough for Jeremy Horn to get into the HOF. If a guy who was best known for making mma clothing can get in the I sure as hell believe a man who is nearing 100 professional wins deserves to get it. Not tomorrow, not at UFC 109, not even this year, but way down the line when his career is over, then and only then should he get in and that would also be based on him not having a complete breakdown as a fighter.

There is a big difference between Mask getting in the Hall of Fame and Jeremy Horn. The reason mask got in was mainly because he died and it was to honor him and he wasn't nominated because of his fighting it was because of what he did for MMA as a Brand. He helped to bring MMA to the masses and helped make it popular because of his Tapout brand which is everywhere now and it's a good brand to. I mean you can't turn on anything MMA without seeing the Tapout logo and that is a big deal.

Don't get me wrong i am a Jeremy Horn fan but i'm sorry he is a good fighter but not an elite one and the Hall Of Fame is meant for the elite not the good he has a below average record on the big stage known as the UFC and he hasn't beat the top competition of the sport. So for those reasons he should not be in the Hall Of Fame he would be a shoe in if it was the Hall Of Good but it's not it's the Hall Of Fame.

There is a big difference between Mask getting in the Hall of Fame and Jeremy Horn. The reason mask got in was mainly because he died and it was to honor him and he wasn't nominated because of his fighting it was because of what he did for MMA as a Brand. He helped to bring MMA to the masses and helped make it popular because of his Tapout brand which is everywhere now and it's a good brand to. I mean you can't turn on anything MMA without seeing the Tapout logo and that is a big deal.

Don't get me wrong i am a Jeremy Horn fan but i'm sorry he is a good fighter but not an elite one and the Hall Of Fame is meant for the elite not the good he has a below average record on the big stage known as the UFC and he hasn't beat the top competition of the sport. So for those reasons he should not be in the Hall Of Fame he would be a shoe in if it was the Hall Of Good but it's not it's the Hall Of Fame.

Well then what about Evan Tanner? Tanner was twice the fighter Mask was and was a better fighter then Jeremy Horn as well, if you ask me. Yet, there has been little talk of the man getting in the Hall, yet he is dead.

My point is, give it a couple more years, maybe even 10 and see how the rest of his career plays out. Maybe, he comes back to the UFC and makes a decent run, maybe not. I personally do not see him ever getting in either, but I do believe he does deserve it for what he has done in the sport.

Well then what about Evan Tanner? Tanner was twice the fighter Mask was and was a better fighter then Jeremy Horn as well, if you ask me. Yet, there has been little talk of the man getting in the Hall, yet he is dead.

My point is, give it a couple more years, maybe even 10 and see how the rest of his career plays out. Maybe, he comes back to the UFC and makes a decent run, maybe not. I personally do not see him ever getting in either, but I do believe he does deserve it for what he has done in the sport.

I dont think that evan tanner is Hall of Fame worthy so if he isn't then jeremy horn definitely isn't worthy then and yes maybe in ten years jeremy horn will have big wins and an even better record that's all a maybe but we are a talking about today and today jeremy horn just isn't Hall Of Fame worthy.

I dont think that evan tanner is Hall of Fame worthy so if he isn't then jeremy horn definitely isn't worthy then and yes maybe in ten years jeremy horn will have big wins and an even better record that's all a maybe but we are a talking about today and today jeremy horn just isn't Hall Of Fame worthy.

Well I disagree on this point. I am a big time supporter of Evan Tanner getting into the Hall of Fame. He was a former Middleweight Champion who may not have been dominate but was still a very good fighter. In addition, he proved that your boy Phill Baroni was a big fat joke and that Dave Terrell's hype was all that and nothing more.

By the way if anyone was wondering me and Frozentrash live like 2 houses away thus the reason I know he likes Phill Baroni.

Well I disagree on this point. I am a big time supporter of Evan Tanner getting into the Hall of Fame. He was a former Middleweight Champion who may not have been dominate but was still a very good fighter. In addition, he proved that your boy Phill Baroni was a big fat joke and that Dave Terrell's hype was all that and nothing more.

By the way if anyone was wondering me and Frozentrash live like 2 houses away thus the reason I know he likes Phill Baroni.

He was a former champion but i just don't feel that you can let everybody who is a former champion i mean it's good to have on your record but it doesn't always mean you are deserving of the hall of fame i mean mark coleman is a hall of famer and i don't really think he should be in either and he was the first heavyweight champion i believe.

And i know Baroni is a big fat joke but he's funny and he makes me laugh so thats why i like him lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back