• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should it have been Chris Jericho?

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm watching Wrestlemania 19 and I'm on the Jericho/HBK match. Phenomenal match by the way and I'm thinking. Should it have been Jericho who won this match. The whole buildup to this thing was Jericho stepping out of wanting to become the next HBK and wanting to become the first Chris Jericho.So losing to HBK kinda makes it look like he should have been trying to be the next HBK because thats better or something. Makes him look weak IMO.Although on the flip side this was Shawn's first Mania in 5 years. So it would kinda been a buzzkill if he lost. Thoughts?

It's often the case when it comes to big shows, Jericho should have won because HBK didn't need to win. HBK went on and played second fiddle to Kevin Nash for a couple of months after, where Jericho had to face Goldberg. Losses don't usually effect the big stars, although I agree it would have been a downer for HBK to lose his first Mania back.

Maybe it should 've had Jericho winning but I think in the long run it doest really matter it was great match and it didn't hurt jericho career

naaa, Jericho should of lost at WM19 because that was HBK's first Wrestlemania since 98.

When Shawn Michaels left with an injury in 1998, he was the best in the company and arguably in the industry back then. and when he came back in his first match in over 4 and half years at Summerslam 2002, Shawn Micaheals had to prove that he can still be in the main event contender and he did so by putting on the best performance match that year and defeating a Wrestler who won the Rumble, and won the undistubed Championship at WM18 HHH.

For WM19 against Y2J, Shawn had to prove that on the greatest stage of them all, that he was still MR. Wrestlemania by defeating Y2J and even tho this was Shawn's first WM in over 5 years that he's still got it and he is Mr. Wrestlemania, and Shawn had to prove that to a different era of Wrestling fans.
and even tho Y2J lost, Shawn may of put Jericho over as the best heel at WM19 because of the after-math of that match.

Honestly, I believe Jericho is a better wrestler than HBK. So yes I do believe Jericho should had won. But seeing that HBK probably has more power in the business you will know that he can get the better hand. Just like how HHH does today. I mean the match happen but I will always believe that Y2J is better than HBK

It obviously hurt neither of their careers, as HBK is one of the most over faces in the WWE today whereas Jericho is the hottest Heel in the past few years. Knowing this, even if I had the oppurtunity to go back in time I wouldn't change the outcome. Not only did it propel Jericho's career (Just because he lost, doesn't mean he didn't get fan's attention), and brought back HBK into the spotlight.

I don't think it makes Jericho look weak. He just wasn't trying to become an HBK wannabe. He was trying to prove he was better. He did many HBK-original moves. The kip-up, sweet chin music, flying forearm etc. etc. HBK did those same moves and kept getting countered. Jericho proved he could do what HBK could do just as well, or even better.

Jericho dominated the majority of the match, and Shawn Michaels won with a nice little counter and roll-up. Shawn Michaels may have won the match but he still put Jericho over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back