• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Hogan return to TV as a Heel or Face?

CCIV

He's never wrestling again IMO so forget complaining about his age and health. He's strictly a tv personality as a heel or face.

I know he's already reported to be inducting Warrior but I say scrap that and return him as Hollywood.
Let Vince induct Warrior.

I believe a Hollywood Hogan year long tv personality run elevating younger heels like The Shield with a face turn around Rumble '15 that leads to his final Road to Wrestlemania is the way to go.

For the life of me I don't get why they are wasting him as a speaker and possible match inductee at the HOF.

The fans want the inevitable Hogan/Cena confrontation. Whether it's just an in ring face to face hand shake, it doesn't matter.

But why blow it without a really good build first? Getting the most out of Hogan along the way.

And history shows a heel run topped off with a face turn is the moneymaker.

He's gotta return as a face. This is HULK HOGAN the biggest name in the history of the business as soon as Real American hits the crowd I imagine and hope will go full ****** for Hogan's return home. I think they should keep him face until WrestleMania if not for the rest of his career this is way too big a PPV and Hogan is way too big a name to be heel for WM 30 IMO. IF they want to turn him heel after WM (though I don't know why they would) but that's when they should do it but I don't think he'll be a regular tv personality anyway.

Who the hell said they want a Hogan/Cena confrontation? You're the only one i heard say that... Hogan has got to return as a face... If they want to try and turn him heel, they can do it, but ultimately he's going to get cheered by the crowd... Hogan is not going to do much while he's around, he might host WrestleMania, perhaps he'll be on a few RAW's leading up to WrestleMania. I wouldn't expect much other than that.

Who the hell said they want a Hogan/Cena confrontation? You're the only one i heard say that... Hogan has got to return as a face... If they want to try and turn him heel, they can do it, but ultimately he's going to get cheered by the crowd... Hogan is not going to do much while he's around, he might host WrestleMania, perhaps he'll be on a few RAW's leading up to WrestleMania. I wouldn't expect much other than that.

WWE are trying to get him for the Raw after Elimination Chamber, when they launch the network so I'd say you're correct.

He's going to return as a face, because if or when he returns, the fans are going to pop for him, when Real American hits. Hogan hasn't been anywhere near a WWE ring in years, and the fans will go nuts, when they see him again. As the old saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

For the love of all things holy, if Hogan returns, I hope they won't go with a heel run. A heel run means more focus on Hogan's character, and you're taking a risk of him overshadowing (Hogan has to explain why he turned heel, you have to give him time to develop his new character, etc.) his partners in crime. As a face, he can pop up every now and then for his nostalgia pops and moments, and go on about his business afterwards. At this stage in his career, it's the best option for Hogan, because the days of Hogan being a major player on any wrestling show are long gone.

Where did you hear that Hogan will induct Warrior? Those two hate each other more than dicks hate tampons. I do NOT see that happening at all.

Hogan will be a face no matter what. Fans love the Red and Yellow. And even if they do decide to make Hogan heel, people wont buy it. They will STILL cheer him.

It sucks that Hogan can't get involved physically. Not saying he should have "wrestled" but it would have been sweet to see him save Cena from the Wyatt Family. The OG and Current Super Hero WM Moment would have amazing.

I say bring Hogan back as the GM of SD! and let him move the show to Mondays for a new Monday Night War.

It sucks that Hogan can't get involved physically. Not saying he should have "wrestled" but it would have been sweet to see him save Cena from the Wyatt Family. The OG and Current Super Hero WM Moment would have amazing.

I say bring Hogan back as the GM of SD! and let him move the show to Mondays for a new Monday Night War.

I've been on this forum for about a year or two and during this time i have seen some very dumb comments but what you just said was probably the absolute dumbest most idiotic nonsensical thing I've ever read on this site.

You want the WWE to not only go into competition with itself but split its audience between raw and smack down on the same night? Please don't ever start a business. I really hope you were joking.

He can only be face upon his return. Hulk Hogan was the most popular wrestler ever. He is going to get a massive reaction when get appears. It's Hulk Hogan.

Moreover, he will probably won't be around long - they will keep him face; selling merch and getting great reactons.

So much depends on how much he is to be used. If it's an occasional appearance like Ric Flair or Mick Foley, he might as well enter as a face and remain one. Despite his luster dimming over the years, a return to WWE would certainly qualify as an event and the fans would be happy to see him, at least at first.

It seems hard to believe Hogan will be involved in lengthy storylines, but if he's up to it and can convince the powers-that-be, we may yet see him as a sideline force, yelling "brother" into the mic numerous times and inserting his ego into the proceedings. If that's the case, he may very well go heel.

But I doubt he'll enter as Hollywood Hogan.... that's for later.

Face in wwe he cant be anything else rememeber when vince brought in NWO it didnt matter that they were the heels hogan still got the biggest pop of the night wwe fans will never boo hulk hogan he done too much in wrestling imo he in same leauge as taker, hbk and ric flair no matter what they do they will still be cheared they too respected to be booed.

I can't imagine Hogan returning as anything other than a face, especially at first. He is going to receive a tremendous pop when he first returns, however they elect to do it and whenever it happens. I can only assume it will be in a non-wrestling capacity, as the man can barely move, but he will be well received nonetheless.

I guess down the road a little they could transform him into a heel, but I simply don't see it happening. I see sporadic appearances in a non wrestling capacity, frequently enough to generate a response, but not too frequently as to overstay his welcome. And exclusively from a face perspective.

"Who the hell said they want a Hogan/Cena confrontation? You're the only one i heard say that... Hogan has got to return as a face..."

It's been reported since Hogan and the WWE started talking that they wanted some sort of Hogan vs Cena or Cena w/Hogan tag team match possibly including Piper.

Of course all of that was wishful thinking on the WWE's part considering Hogans age and health.

Regardless of any of that we will still get the inevitable Hogan / Cena face to face moment the wrestling world is waiting for. Get with it!

Yeah Hogan will get cheered. He might be the only "part timer" not to get booed out of the building. I really want to see him at Wrestlemania 30. He deserves it. IF no one else deserves to be there it's Hulk Hogan.

First off, never say never about Hulk Hogan wrestling again. For better or worse he's proved us wrong before. When he does return it will be as a face, something I'm really looking foreword to, with Real American blaring and blowing the roof off of whatever arena. Although after Wrestlemania I wouldn't mind seeing one more heel run as a GM or something like that. Kinda like what he did in TNA for awhile.

he tried to return as a heel in 2002, and the fans showed that vwasnt what they wanted, at all. Hulk Hogan is the WWEF/E, he will be treated like god when he returns, by the fans anyway. I am sure HHH/Steph will on-air try to be pricks and undermine/not sell/attemopt to bury Hogan, but there is nobody better than Hulk with the mic and manipulating a live audience. Hogan coming back a face is the ONLY way to bring him back.

Face. He will be a "Good Guy" for the duration of this go round with WWE.

What the hell would WWE do with a heel Hogan who can do nothing physical? Heel authority figure #16,542? He will be a face ambassador, cut the occasional brother promo, and do his five minute poses. Hollywood Hogan is in the distant past and is a "WCW" staple.

Face now and heel later? Hell no, he's too old, brother. Besides, him jocking with HHH for heel heat would suck the air out of every arena and risk suffocating the folks in attendance.

Not that it would matter if they booked him as a heel, because he's going to receive a great welcome from the crowd, but the choice is obvious to bring him back as a babyface. It sounds like he'll be hosting the WrestleMania, so of course they don't want a host that's going to get booed every time there's a segment involving him.

Also, I could definitely see Hogan becoming the GM of Raw or Smackdown. Possibly Vince brings him in to tell The Authority that they're no longer running things. Since Hulk can't do anything physical, it's a great role for him to play. For those who watch TNA, we know it's familiar territory.

I definitely think it's time to replace Vickie. Maddox hasn't been around long, but I find him extremely dull. The replacements are very obvious to me: Hogan and Flair. I wouldn't care who does which show, but those 2 would be the perfect GM's. Make it happen.

Face. You guys really need to get with the times. Guys aren't really heels or faces, they are who they are. The audience isn't homogenous. This is why so many guys get different reactions. Hogan will be cheered by everyone even if he low blows every supposed face in the company.

He should come back as a face. Let's be honest, when Hogan's old entrance theme hits, the live crowd is going to go nuts. Even though I'm not a big fan of Hogan, even I'll experience a rush at seeing Hulk Hogan walk out on Monday Night Raw and step into a WWE ring for the first time in over a decade. The return of Hogan is going to be a huge nostalgia moment and, in my opinion, it should be wearing the colors and as the persona that made him the biggest star in the history of pro wrestling.

He should be a face. The people love Hogan too much to accept him as a heel. I don't see the reason why he should be a heel

I've been on this forum for about a year or two and during this time i have seen some very dumb comments but what you just said was probably the absolute dumbest most idiotic nonsensical thing I've ever read on this site.

You want the WWE to not only go into competition with itself but split its audience between raw and smack down on the same night? Please don't ever start a business. I really hope you were joking.

That idea might actually work to increase ratings, just off of people tuning in to see what the hell each show is going to do.

I don't know if it would be smart long term, but it would definitely increase ratings for each show for at least one night or even a couple of weeks. Have Smackdown and Raw go on the road separately so both crowds would be full.

Hell, it wouldn't really be a reach, if Sting is coming back to GM Raw like they say and Hogan comes back, maybe they call up Bischoff and they could run Smackdown. Doesn't even have to be Sting vs. Hogan/Bischoff, could really be anyone. HHH/Steph vs. Vince. Vince/HHH/Steph vs. Shane. HHH/Steph vs. Vince/Shane.

And the WWE really can't lose because either way they are going to get your viewership. If they sign to NBC Universal, this would be a great way to kick off a new era with a lot of promotion. RAW on USA with Smackdown on another NBC network.

I'm actually gonna make a thread on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back