Should drug tests be regular in all sports.

Khalifa

Where it at doe?
So I was watching the Ben Cousins such is life documentry, and for all the people who aren't Australian I will explain what it was. Ben Cousins did a documentry on what his life was like during his first stint in the AFL. He was taking cocaine along with alot of other drugs while he was playing and he eventually became captain of the West Coast Eagles and a Brownlow medalist in 2005 ( like the MVP of Basketball etc). Early 2006 after already having reports connecting him with drugs previously in his career, he ran awawy from a booze bus. This led to many questions asking why he did it. Obviously he was drunk etc. Anyways at the start of 2007 after the Eagles one the 2006 premiship Ben Cousins was suspended from the Eagles after refusing to go to drug rehab. He made his return near the end of the season after going to rehab and then at the end of 2007 he got sacked from the eagles and he was suspended from the AFL for 12 months because of the drug use etc. He eventually made his return in 2009 after becoming the last draft pick of that draft. He has now retired and obviously made a documentry about it.

You may think that the top bit was irrelevant but thats what got me onto the thread. Should there be regular drug test for every sport to make sure that players aren't taking illegal drugs? Or is it ok if they aren't performance enhancing drugs and it should just stay at what it is and not be regular?

The only drug that athletes shouldn't be tested for/punished for is weed. Weed obviously has no advantages, yet is less harmful than alchohol, I say athletes should be able to smoke all the fucking weed they want too. But as far as heavy shit, and performance enhancing drugs, I say they should all be tested for that shit, I know if I was a coach or an owner, I wouldn't want anyone on my team to be a juicer, or an addict.

Considering most of the world makes athletes out to be "role models" for kids then they shouldn't be doing any drinking, smoking or drugs. We all know that will never happen, but technically speaking they shouldn't be doing anything illegal.

Being an athlete is really just having a job, and most jobs test for illegal substances before hiring and then continue to do random drug tests. I think the idea is, take weed for example, yes it may not be AS harmful as some, but you still have to purchase it and then smoke it, which if caught you will be arrested. If you are the face of a sports team and you get arrested, chances are the suits wont like that, hence making sure you don't do drugs before making you the face of their team.

All athletes should be drug tested monthly for all illegal substances in my opinion.

With the amount of money in sport now, and all the corruption going on, it is VITAL in my opinion that all the participants are clean as can be. One player being rumbled as a drugs cheat can discredit a whole event and can cost a team/country dearly.

There is no place for drug users in sport, they dont deserve to play the game if they cant keep themselves clean, or cannot do well without performance enhancing substances

My opinion is that ALL players should be tested for any drug deemed "performance enhancing". After that, I think it should be up to the owner's discretion. If they want to monitor their athletes, then by all means their players should be subjected to random drug tests, however, at some point, everyone needs to be accountable for their own actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back