Should companies give refunds if stars don't show up?

MattRhys20

Cena fan since Word-Life
This all stems from WWE offering this:

Due to Daniel Bryan being pulled from the advertised WWE live events this weekend, WWE is offering refunds to any fans who attended the show and might want their money back.

Now I've always found this to be an act of stupidity. So the phrase 'card subject to change' means NOTHING to anybody these days.

I went to an NXT live show before XMAS and I REALLY wanted to see Adrian Neville (he's British like me), however he didn't turn up. Did I cry to WWE and ask for my $10 back? NO!!!

Be interested to see what you guys make of this and should WWE and even TNA be doing this?

This all stems from WWE offering this:

Due to Daniel Bryan being pulled from the advertised WWE live events this weekend, WWE is offering refunds to any fans who attended the show and might want their money back.

Now I've always found this to be an act of stupidity. So the phrase 'card subject to change' means NOTHING to anybody these days.

I went to an NXT live show before XMAS and I REALLY wanted to see Adrian Neville (he's British like me), however he didn't turn up. Did I cry to WWE and ask for my $10 back? NO!!!

Be interested to see what you guys make of this and should WWE and even TNA be doing this?

You're making it sound like people are complaining and demanding the refund.

If WWE wishes to step forward and say "we'll provide a refund since a premier wrestler is not on the card, if you want it," then that's a good customer service act that they can afford.

You're making it sound like people are complaining and demanding the refund.

If WWE wishes to step forward and say "we'll provide a refund since a premier wrestler is not on the card, if you want it," then that's a good customer service act that they can afford.

Whether WWE offer it, or people demand it. The question still is, should they be giving refunds in the first place?

Whether WWE offer it, or people demand it. The question still is, should they be giving refunds in the first place?

It is their company and their choice of what to do in terms of customer service. They feel, if fans agree, that they let them down in some way.

So, why not?

They have the card is subject to change disclaimer for a reason.

If the WWE wants to offer refunds because Bryan isn't there then that's their own choice. They know and we know that people are going to take advantage of it even if they didn't buy tickets to see Bryan.

This does show however that they are very aware of Bryan's star power. They wouldn't be making this offer for someone like Sin Cara.

If I was someone who had gone to one of the shit house shows they've had lately though I'd be a little annoyed that WWE is making this offer now when people have been complaining about the lack of star power at shows recently.

Also I remember a few years ago Matt Hardy got pulled from at least one show and he took to some social media site and said that people should request refunds for not being able to see him wrestle. I don't know how that turned out.

Let it be noted tho that at a live event a premiere superstar that was advertised is absent they will make a announcement at the shows start and if you wish to get a refund you can exit the show and get a refund at the door...you cannot however stay the whole show then demand a refund.

Let it be noted tho that at a live event a premiere superstar that was advertised is absent they will make a announcement at the shows start and if you wish to get a refund you can exit the show and get a refund at the door...you cannot however stay the whole show then demand a refund.

In that case that makes a huge difference.

I'm sure 99% of the people who went to the show would just stay and watch the show then.

Given that situation I could see offering refunds and I'd retract my previous post.

Yeah there is a catch with the refund stipulation. The ticket holder has the choice to attend the event or receive the refund. It is not a case of having your cake and eating it to. The refund is a nice Public Relations maneuver by the WWE and right now with the launch of the Network they are in crazy PR mode.

I wonder if they would use this same tactic at a RAW or a PPV? Let’s say in the most extreme case Rock broke his leg last year a few weeks before WM. I wonder how they would’ve been handled it and how many backstage would have been shitting their pants.

WWE is doing the refunds to keep the fans happy so that they do not get disappointed and come back for further WWE matches.

I wonder if they would use this same tactic at a RAW or a PPV? Let’s say in the most extreme case Rock broke his leg last year a few weeks before WM. I wonder how they would’ve been handled it and how many backstage would have been shitting their pants.

An awesome "what if". There's no way they would have issued refunds, losing bragging rights to attendance, revenue & such.

Personally I don't think companies should give refunds. It sets a dangerous precedent. What if someone hates Daniel Bryan and brought his kids to see Khali, spent $300 and Khali no showed? Isn't that guy entitled to a full refund? We pay money to go see the superstars yes, just as we do for a hockey or basketball game, but we go to see the show, knowing full well someone might no show. The only exception is for a concert or a singular performer.

And why is that guy paying to see Khali?

I think it's good customer service. I once went to a Harley Race WLW show (indy) and Randy Savage didn't show up because he hurt his back the night before. Harley offered refunds. I don't think they need to. "Card Subject to Change" is there for a reason.

You know what the situation with DB honestly sounds like? Market research. How many people legitimately show up JUST to see DB.

I think it's good customer service. I once went to a Harley Race WLW show (indy) and Randy Savage didn't show up because he hurt his back the night before. Harley offered refunds. I don't think they need to. "Card Subject to Change" is there for a reason.

That whole "Card Subject to Change" pretty much does cover the basis for them, definitely the safety net that was needed to ensure if situations like that, did happen, they wouldn't end up in legal issues.

As for the case of refunds, it really depends on the crowd and the height of popularity of the person involved obvious, if it's someone like Kofi getting replaced with Ziggler, it won't be a big deal. But if it's someone that has kind of been the focus (for the most part) on live televised events, I think it's best to give them back their money. Either way, WWE knows that the people that are going to be sitting in on those shows are unlikely to leave, sure some might leave but I'd estimate 98-99% of the crowd is going to sit there and try to enjoy the show, rather than going their, and wasting whole night (or virtually free night after the refund).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back