• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Cena have had R-Truth's current gimmick?

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
I was thinking about this while watching Raw. I imagined Cena doing all the antics that R-Truth has done recently.

For example, imagine Cena was on the brink of winning at Extreme Rules, he had hit Morisson with the AA, and then he pinned him, 1.... 2.... but then the ref rings the bell, the Miz had escaped!

This causes him to go crazy and leads him into having R-Truth's current gimmick.

Do you think Cena would have been able to pull it off?

I was thinking about this while watching Raw. I imagined Cena doing all the antics that R-Truth has done recently.

For example, imagine Cena was on the brink of winning at Extreme Rules, he had hit Morisson with the AA, and then he pinned him, 1.... 2.... but then the ref rings the bell, the Miz had escaped!

This causes him to go crazy and leads him into having R-Truth's current gimmick.

Do you think Cena would have been able to pull it off?

No, No, and just more No. Not only would this totally be totally out of whack considering Cena is a 10 time WWE champion but it would kill his face persona in a way that people would be pissed at. The ideals behind Truth's gimmick is that he thinks there is a "conspiracy" as to why he hasn't recieved (until now) a singles match for the World Title. I think if Cena were to get all upset over a bad call to this degree people would be simply confused. Little Jimmies around the world would have no idea how to react.

Yes, John Cena should begin by going bat shit crazy, smoking, drinking water during his matches, he should stop rapping and dancing; he needs to take back up the rapping to stop it of course, and he needs to start dancing. He needs to attack John Morrison, and this is where the whole John Cena storyline would have been awesome...

...John Cena could claim John Cena is a propaganda tool, and at Capitol Punishment it should have been John Cena vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship, and John Cena would claim that John Cena holding the WWE Championship was a conspiracy. And in the end, John Cena would FU John Cena and pick up the win.

At what point did you detect sarcasm through all of that?

John Cena could claim that the company forced him to change who he is, and he lost the respect of the "real fans", the IWC while catering to the "Little Jimmys."

This is a very poorly disguised, CENA SHOULD B HEEL thread, sir.

Putting such a gimmick on Cena would literally be detrimental to WWE. He's the biggest face, draw, and superstar to come out of wrestling in recent history, and continues to be a main attraction. Turning him heel in any way just wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint, and WWE is a business.

Wrestling companies, and TV shows in general, rarely thrive long term with their main character being an all out antgonist. Now, unless you're suggesting WWE no longer portrays Cena as their number one guy (which would prompt me to permanently brand you as a typical, moronic, Cena hater) I suggest you think long an hard about your idea.

John Cena could claim that the company forced him to change who he is, and he lost the respect of the "real fans", the IWC while catering to the "Little Jimmys."

Hold on there. You are saying that the IWC are real fans. :lmao:

Cena has won numerous titles under his current face gimmick. There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no reason for him to be mad at the Little Jimmy's. They got him into the Main Event, they got him into the publicity, they made him have a nearly undefeated record at Mania. There is no possible way that you can say he should turn on the fans and go as far as saying he should join the 5 maybe 10% of all wrestling fans.

This seems to be a Ryder scenario.

No, No, and just more No. Not only would this totally be totally out of whack considering Cena is a 10 time WWE champion but it would kill his face persona in a way that people would be pissed at. The ideals behind Truth's gimmick is that he thinks there is a "conspiracy" as to why he hasn't recieved (until now) a singles match for the World Title. I think if Cena were to get all upset over a bad call to this degree people would be simply confused. Little Jimmies around the world would have no idea how to react.

Sorry OP, I have to agree with the mauler here especially considering how eloquently they wrote it.

Cena really hasn't had a problem getting a world championship as Truth has. To your credit though, I could easily hear a heel Cena getting cheap heat with statements like Truth's about 8 years ago in a better time for wrestling.

Although I always hated the rapper thing Cena was doing either... he rhymed with the word "wookie" way too often.

Hold on there. You are saying that the IWC are real fans. :lmao:

Cena has won numerous titles under his current face gimmick. There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no reason for him to be mad at the Little Jimmy's. They got him into the Main Event, they got him into the publicity, they made him have a nearly undefeated record at Mania. There is no possible way that you can say he should turn on the fans and go as far as saying he should join the 5 maybe 10% of all wrestling fans.

This seems to be a Ryder scenario.

Actually the rapper gimmick got him into the main event, and even after dropping the rapper gimmick almost immediately after winning the WWE Title, his jokes were edgier. He snaps because he essentially hated having to change for the PG product, hence why he blames the Little Jimmys.

Actually the rapper gimmick got him into the main event, and even after dropping the rapper gimmick almost immediately after winning the WWE Title, his jokes were at least slightly more edgy. He snaps because he essentially hated having to change for the PG product, hence why he blames the Little Jimmys.

Well then why not run this oh I don't know 5 years ago maybe? It has been far too long to turn him heel like this. It is clear that he has embraced his face persona and he loves it. The PG product has been going on for years, you cant honestly say Cena is an attitude era product, he is the King of PG. He has done far to much and has had far too much success to decide to want to go back on the fans. It just wouldn't make any sense what so ever.

And the R-Truth heel turn was something in the making. I clearly remember back when Cena was Nexus Truth telling Cena to just quit. Back when the little jimmy's loved Truth.

I don't think so. I think R-Truth is really selling this gimmick as best as anyone could. He really seems like more of a crazed asshole and not just a whiney bitch as many of the other recent top heels tend to come off (i.e. The Miz). I think if they do go with a heel Cena run down the road they should go with the mad street thug gimmick that made him famous.

All that had/has to happen is Cena keeping or returning to the Rapper gimmick.

The day they decided he was Hulk Cena, is the day WWE screwed up. He could go back to wearing team jerseys of that city, and giving a little rap.

Of course Cena could have pulled it off. It would be similar to the RUTHLESS AGGRESSION he shows in some of his promos now only as an insane heel instead of a serious face. He would pull it off even better than Truth is. The only proble is it would never happen because he is the face of the federation and can never turn heel unless someone else has been built up to replace him in that role.

I don't think so. I think R-Truth is really selling this gimmick as best as anyone could. He really seems like more of a crazed asshole and not just a whiney bitch as many of the other recent top heels tend to come off (i.e. The Miz). I think if they do go with a heel Cena run down the road they should go with the mad street thug gimmick that made him famous.

Exactly! I get chills watching Truth because I've met "crazed assholes" like that before... always talking about conspiracies, how the government is coming after them... sounds a lot like a crack dealer in the northeast where I'm originally from. I remember sitting around a guy like this and thinking "if this guy owned a gun, he'd have likely used itby now".

But the fan interaction in his promos is amazing! Utter mutual disgust between him and the audience like Roger Waters used to have with his audience.

I think R-Truth is commanding this character a lot better than Cena could at this point.

Kickass post, Paging Mr Ass

Have you ever been forced to sit through on of Cena's movies? The guy can barely pull off playing a human being. If I'm not mistaken, he was up for three Razzies for his last movie.

No, just no, Cena has had the Championship way too many times to even consider that gimmick. It's just not believable; it would however, transition well into the "I should have everything handed to me because I carried this company for awhile." Heel Character but no, like I always say Cena will turn heel when he turns heel. Maybe when A-RI is launched into the main event status and overthrows Cena as the top face for the company (if he can play politics well) that will happen. Also, R-Truth does this gimmick better than anyone, Cena just doesn't fit it.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard the reason Truth is doin this gimmick is.because he is saying he is black a d it is a conspiracy he hasn t won a title and last I checked Cena is white. Another thing y would Vince turn his big money maker into a heel this role fits truth so well and then who would cena feud wth the who le idea is truth hates the fact that everyone is always wearing cenas stuff and who would play cenas role than to conclude this idea is so ******ed and WWE would never do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back