Should Brand Exclusive PPV's Return?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
With ECW gone and WWE trying to create new talent, should WWE start thinking about brand exclusive PPV's again? I know that back when the concept was being practiced buyrates were low, but the product has changed dramatically since then. Its shifted to a younger audience, talent has changed and some need development. I know it has its disadvantages, but I think WWE could benefit from this after a while. It gives PPV cards more room for newer talent to be presented. I know it can be best for some to have the top talent of both brands, but at the moment WWE needs to develop talent. This could help newer talent get their names out. Thoughts?

bro you should seriously look through the other threads. someone did this same thread about a week-ago. but to answer your question NO you might as well be watching raw or smackdown than the brand pay-per-view. brand only pay-per-views just make fueds longer. for example if last nights chamber was smackdown only we probably would of had great khali and matt hardy vs the hart dynasty. but i do believe brand pay-per-views add more prestige to the world and wwe titles.

I watched brand exclusive ppv's far before there was ECW. While I know the influx of talent coming from ECW will benefit the rosters, as well as get more names on the show, I dont think they should, nor do I believe they will. With so many stipulation ppv's out there, there's no justifiable way to leave so many wrestlers off the card. This would take careful planning and strategizing by the creative team far in advance. I don't think they could pull it off.

What I will say is this. There's a nice amount of star power out there. However, there's not enough to justify running a brand exclusive ppv. Every match should be something the paying customer's want to see. And they can't even accomplish that. Some of the matches just feel like fillers.

The other thing is that WWe just raised the price of ppv's by 5$. All the more, people are really going to want "bang for their buck. They're not going to get it with Carlito vs Primo. Dolph Ziggler vs Finlay. I buy all the ppv's right now, but wouldn't if those are some of your matches. WWE's buys have decreased over the past year. Maybe it's the economy, but I think it's also because there's only 5 or 6 quality out of 8 matches they showcase.

If you subtract the one brand, that leaves you with 3 or 4 quality matches out of 8 total. Whose going to look at that card and say " Wow! Mike Knox vs Kane! Its a must buy. Nobody. Even though I understand it's not available in all areas, Superstars is the place for that. NXT, to a lesser degree, and reality based, could turn out to be the same way. If you don't get WGN or SCIFI, they're readily available on Youtube or Vuse. along with their brands. Those shows are the place for them, not ppv.

I wouldn't mind seeing it. If the WWE is really concerned about star power they can do one simple thing which I think wouldn't be a bad idea and that's anybody who is a champion be able to cross both shows. I think the element works real well with the unified tag belts and could possibly work well with the other championships. Or maybe instead of making brand exclusive PPV's the WWE can switch off giving one PPV more Raw matches one month and the next month give that PPV more SmackDown matches that way you can keep all of your high profile fueds in tact while developing your up and comers. I think that's the best way to do it. The of course at the Big 4(I guess Big 3 but maybe we can give Night of Champions a high profile spot seeing as all the belts are on the line) have a good mix of matches from both brands. I don't know just an idea but I think WWE can benefit switching gears like that without even having to say this is a SmackDown PPV or a Raw PPV. It's a WWE PPV but besides your main fueds and World title matches this PPV just so happens to have more of this brands fueds or more of this brands fueds. They don't even have to announce it it could just so happen to be that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back