Should Booker T Take the JBL Path?

Big Papa Santo

Ryder? I barely even know her!
As we all know, Booker T vs. Cody Rhodes at TLC is pretty imminent, so do you think that Booker T should do what JBL did and after having a short-lived commentary career, go back to competing and have a title reign here and there? (IC Title reign, Not WHC) Because just like JBL i would rather have Booker T: 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x World Champion than Booker T: Dats Ma Big Homie! Anyday.
So do you think that Booker should do what JBL did during 2008-2009? I mean its not like he has any ring rust, he's competed on Raw and was in Mexico post-TNA.

Yeah i think booker should defo stick with wrestling and then maybe do a on air role manager, GM just not one commentary.

JBL was great on commentary and i really enjoyed it but booker is just awful .

It really bugs me he is actually a 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x WCW WHC Champion and a 1x WWE WHC Or Even a 4x WCW WHC 1x WWE WCW WHC & 1x WWE WHC. As one of his WCW titles was held under WWE Ownership

Its like the dont count his WWE WHC i know 6x 6x 6x 6x Champion dont sound the same

I'm going to wait until after I see him in the ring at TLC to make that judgement call. I've always liked Booker and I think he's one of the most passionate promo guys in the business. If he can get in the ring with Rhodes and still show that he's a decent competitor, and if they cut some decent promos and make the whole thing mildly interesting...then sure! I'm always up for somebody who can make the product better getting back to work. Booker has progressed as an announcer, but I'm willing to bet he's still a better wrestler...

Besides, I really want to see a Booker T vs. R-Truth feud... Maybe that's a little racist, but two ridiculous black guys, one who has lost his marbles and the other who has always been a bit...eccentric? Hilarity ensues.

I think there is a place for Booker T on the WWE roster as a wrestler.

Cody Rhodes MUST go over during this Feud...but Booker has gotta get a few wins himself in the running to make sure he also looks strong.

I dont know if its my inner Kid and Booker T fan talking though but I really want him to keep wrestling....many wont agree though.

A return full time for Booker could be good if done right. He would be great in the role of helping put newer guys over and working with him can benefit them too in terms of a learning experience. I agree with those who look forward to promos between Booker and Truth, that would be hilarious given their eccentricity. Booker should not go back into the world title scene though. He should either help put people over and perhaps win a midcard title or two, or stay an announcer.

It really bugs me he is actually a 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x WCW WHC Champion and a 1x WWE WHC Or Even a 4x WCW WHC 1x WWE WCW WHC & 1x WWE WHC. As one of his WCW titles was held under WWE Ownership."

@Mr Dna.. Really? That bothers you that he still claims a world championship that WWE was using under the name WCW? The end of your post made very little sense at all. It was still the WCW title until it was unified. Its counted on The Rock's title reigns and everyone so forth. Im tired of fans thinking they can judge whats a suitable WHC title reign. If its called a World championship.. Y

I just find it interesting that so many stars of yesteryear are trying to wrestle & physically aren't able to but yet keep trying. All while Booker T - who is still in amazing shape, seems to be happy at the commentating table.

I'd like Booker to have another few matches. Maybe even Harlem Heat winning the Tag Titles but, I think he should only be used time to time. He's paid his dues, just let him get his big pay offs. Kinda like Jerry Lawler.

Am I the only one who sees the return of the team of Booker T and Goldust in the near future? There's been many reports/rumors of a possible Cody Rhodes .vs. Goldust match at Wrestlemania.

Well, what I'm thinking is since this Booker T and and Cody Rhodes feud is going on, this will eventually lead to Goldust returning to action to have Booker T's back against Cody Rhodes. After numerous of assaults from Cody, Booker T gets "injured" which causes Goldust to get super pissed, thus leading to the Cody Rhodes .vs. Goldust match at Wresltemania.

Am I the only one who sees the return of the team of Booker T and Goldust in the near future? There's been many reports/rumors of a possible Cody Rhodes .vs. Goldust match at Wrestlemania.

Well, what I'm thinking is since this Booker T and and Cody Rhodes feud is going on, this will eventually lead to Goldust returning to action to have Booker T's back against Cody Rhodes. After numerous of assaults from Cody, Booker T gets "injured" which causes Goldust to get super pissed, thus leading to the Cody Rhodes .vs. Goldust match at Wresltemania.

I had forgotten all about those two being a tag team! This could definitely happen, but they would have to have a decent 2 or 3 month feud for this to happen before GoldDust was to return, which i feel is too long to drag a Booker T v Cody Feud out.

Back to the topic, i would love to see Booker T return as a full time wrestler until WM and have a proper retirement match, to be inducted into the HoF before WM 30. I feel he still could go for a year or so, maybe two and could really put some of the Mid Card guys like Ziggler and Rhodes over into the main event.

Yeah i think booker should defo stick with wrestling and then maybe do a on air role manager, GM just not one commentary.

JBL was great on commentary and i really enjoyed it but booker is just awful .

It really bugs me he is actually a 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x WCW WHC Champion and a 1x WWE WHC Or Even a 4x WCW WHC 1x WWE WCW WHC & 1x WWE WHC. As one of his WCW titles was held under WWE Ownership

Its like the dont count his WWE WHC i know 6x 6x 6x 6x Champion dont sound the same

i was thinking that same thing idk why they dont recognize his WWE WHC Title reign it was actually a good one two when he was King Booker. Mick kept saying 5 time im like nooo wcw 5 time wwe 6 time im glad he didnt win the tna world title or another wwe title because they would have been like F his last 3 title reigns its still 5x. I think he should go the Jbl way minus the whole i quit thing at wrestlemania i want to see him back in action

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3559262 said:
I'm going to wait until after I see him in the ring at TLC to make that judgement call.

Agreed.

The guy looked to be in awesome shape at last year's Royal Rumble, but competing in that spectacle is far different than working a series of regular matches. A wrestler can get through the Rumble without ever hitting the canvas, for pete's sake.

The question is: What does Booker want? Did he want to join WWE as a wrestler or a commentator? Was it his understanding upon signing a contract that he would be expected to wrestle a few matches? Was he hoping to not have to wrestle at all? Was he hoping to get into the ring even before now? Given Booker's difficulties with WWE management a few years ago, I would imagine the terms of his return were firmly established before he re-joined.

I never understood what JBL was doing back in the day. His body looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, especially after his days as a rough & tumble cowboy. Okay, we understand he was in constant pain........so why did he leave the announcers booth to wrestle again? Whose idea was it; Vince's or JBL's? The answer to this might be applicable to Booker's situation.

Hopefully, Booker is doing this because he truly wants to, not because he's contractually obligated. And who knows? If he finds he missed it more than he thought he would, maybe we'll see even more of him in battle.

I mean, if Kevin Nash can do it........

I would love to see the return of goldust and booker as a team for a leadup to wrestlemania of goldy vs cody, and i can see dusty be the special guest ref.

By the way when they talk about Booker's title reigns they say 5x time WCW champion

I actually am one of the few who love Booker on commentary and I know he can still go in the ring but as long as he takes a Jerry Lawler type role I'll be fine and maybe if maybe would be thrilled w/ Booker getting the WWE HW Title (the 1 which Punk owns currently) down the line would be sweet and might lure Sting from TNA w/ that. Plus why all the hate w/ Booker's commentary he far better than Mike Tenay, Tazz, and Kevin Kelly combined cause all three of them are boring. I hope after this feud he's back on commentary.

It's possible. Booker T is probably in the best physical shape of his life right now and if he can still deliver inside the ring, then I'd have little issue with him making a return. I was never a huge fan of the guy but he put on quality matches most of the time.

However, I'd hate to see it come about at Cody Rhodes' expense. Cody Rhodes keeps looking more like a future main eventer week after week and he's brought a lot of renewed attention & interest to the Intercontinental Champioinship. In a feud between the two, I think Cody is the one that ultimately needs to go over. Booker is 46 or 47 years old. He's held tag titles in WCW & WWE more than a dozen times, he's a 6 time World Champion and the peak years of his career are behind him. Booker going in there and still looking like a million bucks while ultimately putting Rhodes over & elevating him, in my view, is the best use for him.

This is a tough call, but to me Booker is entertaining no matter what he's doing...I like the idea of him wrestling once in a while, but maybe not full time again, mainly because he is flat out the best commentator in the wwe right now. Seriously not joking about that...Lawler and Cole's nonsense have grown so stale Booker is a breath of fresh air, he is into the matches like a straight mark too and I love that! He also tries to put the in ring talent over, not many announcers really doing that anymore....it's kinda important.

I Think Booker T still has alot to offer in the ring and as a performer, which is lucky, cos lets face it his commentary sucks worse than his english accent!

I say give him a match with Rhodes at TLC, have him loose a hard faght match, keep him off TV till the Rumble, then put him in a fude with a mid carder that could do with his rub.

Then after Mainia i'd turn him Heel and give him the intercontinental title and maybe fude him with Ted Dibiase so Teddy boy can get a bit of a rub from him.

I have fond memorys of Booker and always loved his style and matches (Just please no more King Booker!)

This fued should be used solely to put Rhodes further over. He should NOT win teh fued or the IC title at any time.

Rhodes should be holding that belt for a long while. Go the Orton route if need be, beating a bunch of legends amongst other mid to upper mid card guys for a year or two.

Hell it might even be worth keeping it on him to take Honky's IC record finally. If done right Rhodes can become a main eventer like the days of old, just how Rock, Austin, HHH, Savage etc did.

Rhodes is gold right now. Keep the gold on him. He isn't ready for the big belt but why should he care, he has THE belt that makes a megastar (or should sitll do anyway)

i agree actually, yeah keep the belt on Rhodes for a wile longer, but use Booker as a heel to elivate other mid card faces on both Raw and Smack Down. If he dosnt want to wrestle every week and they really want him to talk give him a talk show, call it the book end and make it some thing like the highlight reel

I think Booker T is strictly being used to help Cody elevate his status towards the main event. They'll have a match at TLC and possibly at the Rumble or a run-in during the actual Rumble match but it would do no benefit to have Rhodes drop the title to Booker T. What does Booker need the IC belt for?

I think we're all hoping for a Cody Rhodes/Goldust feud to culminate at Wrestlemania for the IC Title, and it's the only person I'd like to see Rhodes drop the title to before moving on to the main event level (unless there's a successful midcard face in the running by then, such as a Skip Sheffield or Justin Gabriel.)

I don't mean give the title to Booker, but after he has lost to Rhodes and helped put him over as a credible champion, then returning to in-ring action. Because as much as i would love one more Booker T IC Title run, i don't want anything to derail the push the Rhodes is getting.

well Rhodes cant keep the IC strap for ever. if it was done right dropping the title to Booker T could be very benificial to Rhodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back