"Shorty G"- Worst Gimmick Ever

What are they thinking? This is horrible

I don't think he needs it, but they appear to be struggling creatively to give him something, I expect him to challenge for a mid-card title then fade.

I would have liked to have seen him & Shelton Benjamin team up. Managed by Kurt Angle or Jason Jordan.

For me, i think it works, the big problem that Gable had was finding a personality, great wrestler but no personality what so ever, with this, he'S showing some personality and the fact that he's part of a big match at crown jewel kinda show that they have some confidence in him. Anyway i'm just glad he finally getting something going for him in the singles ranks.

Shorty G? C'mon creative. The small sized underdog angle was fine and the constant short jokes were way over done and way played out. Gable lacks charisma and should've just been moved to 205 Live full time where he could flourish as a featured act. As far as Team Hogan vs. Team Flair goes very sad roster for Team Hogan. Reigns = Captain good choice, Rusev = new feud with Lashley and potential makes him ok to, Ricochet = solid choice to, Shorty G = C'mon horrible call here, and Ali = has been losing multiple matches of late. What should've been Team Hogan - Reigns, Rusev, Richochet, DANIEL BRYAN, & KEVIN OWENS. That would be a much more competitive looking team to challenge team Flair.

Shorty G? C'mon creative. The small sized underdog angle was fine and the constant short jokes were way over done and way played out. Gable lacks charisma and should've just been moved to 205 Live full time where he could flourish as a featured act. As far as Team Hogan vs. Team Flair goes very sad roster for Team Hogan. Reigns = Captain good choice, Rusev = new feud with Lashley and potential makes him ok to, Ricochet = solid choice to, Shorty G = C'mon horrible call here, and Ali = has been losing multiple matches of late. What should've been Team Hogan - Reigns, Rusev, Richochet, DANIEL BRYAN, & KEVIN OWENS. That would be a much more competitive looking team to challenge team Flair.

You're right about team Hogan being weak, but the fact is, they went with who they could bring to saudi arabia. Daniel Bryan won't go because of his conviction and Kevin isn't going because of his family, so they went with Ali and Shorty G instead. The thing is, for a crappy gimmick, is really getting over with fans and Gable is really looking like a single star for the first time in his career. The guy will never be a world champion but i could see him have a good IC title run with that gimmick.

Wwe is weak right now, hopefully Sheamus, The Usos and Morrison will help bring things back. The wedding and shorty g and Ali, Andrade being U.S. Champ and part timer Brock COME ON. 2020 hopefully will change things starting with the Rumble, they can start with pushing Drew he would be an awesome champion. They can make Braun a heel and push him. RUMOR ALERT C.M. Punk and aop getting together, now that would be cool. Roman and the Usos together as heels that would be cool. There is a lot they can do but the problem is convincing Vince to do it.

Wwe is weak right now, hopefully Sheamus, The Usos and Morrison will help bring things back. The wedding and shorty g and Ali, Andrade being U.S. Champ and part timer Brock COME ON. 2020 hopefully will change things starting with the Rumble, they can start with pushing Drew he would be an awesome champion. They can make Braun a heel and push him. RUMOR ALERT C.M. Punk and aop getting together, now that would be cool. Roman and the Usos together as heels that would be cool. There is a lot they can do but the problem is convincing Vince to do it.

I think the problem is more about convincing the stockholders to do it. When we watch the product we see it as just the wrestling side of the WWE and couldn't cares less about the business side and how much money WWE is making but the stockholders do. Brock is a big star, like him or not he is and they know it so Vince will keep him around as champion to please the shareholders. Roman regins is making money for the company and he's a big star especially with kids, so he's not going to turn him because it doesn'T make sense to turn somebody that's profitable.

WWE is a corporation more then a wrestling company, it's like Disney in a way. Disney is pretty much the biggest movie studio in the world right now and they know it so they buy every big franchises and company they can and then just get lazy and cost on a formula that work because they can. Just look at the MCU, Star wars or any of the Disney remake. They're nothing original in them and the case of the MCU the use the same formula for every single movie but it work because you feel like you need to see them. WWE is the same way, they have every top players in the wrestling industry under contract and they are pretty much untouchable at this point so even if they have somebody like AEW that's trying to make a name for themselves, they're still going to be lazy because they're making too much money with that same old formula that they are doing for way too long at this point. The only way this change is if another corporation come around and become a threat to them which won't happen.

I see what your saying Psykohurricane55, I guess I just don't like Brock and Roman is bringing in the cash and keeping the kids happy. Friday night giving Braun his first Championship was good for buisiness and you can see the change from heel to face for Drew. Drew can be a big star and a face of the company, if he is a face not a heel.

Yeah, i hope it works for Drew because he's been i favorite of mine since his first run with WWE and i always thought he had the potential of being a major star if done right and now letting him be himself is working, my only concern with him right now is the same i had with allthe others performers that were in his position before and that's the fans turns on him as soon as he become the establishment. As for Braun, i mentioned it numerous time over the years on this board, the guy is pretty much Big show's replacement at this point. He's a attraction and they know it, he doesn't need a title to be over but once and a while they will give him something for the sake of it just like the did last friday for the title. In the end, He's still the same character and he's one that's pretty much over with every demo so why not give him to mid card title right now until you get somebody better for the IC title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back