Shelton to ECW!

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I for one am happy about this. Shelton was great on ECW. His feud with Kofi was fantastically entertaining and realistic. Here, he can actually DO stuff.

So, your thoughts on "The Gold Standard" going back to ECW?

I'm interested to see what he does there. His last stint there was pretty good. I think that he can have cool feud with Christian...

I'm pretty happy about this even though he'll never win The World or WWE title, he can def win the ECW title

This is good for him, he can have a good long feud with Christian, having great matches along the way, maybe he can also learn a thing or 2 from Christian, and get himself a push.

I think its good for him for a while. Maybe on ECW he'll actually get to shine because he's actually a good wrestler just not good on the mic.

I have no idea what's gonna happen to Shelton in ECW.

Over the past few months the WWE has completely buried him.

I think it's gonna be impossible for him to come right in and contend for the ECW title when the WWE has completely ruined his credibility as a wrestler.

I could see him feuding with Christian again, but then what?

They're gonna have to build him up by putting him in the ring with tomato cans.

I hope he does well. I'd love to see him feud for the ECW title and win it. Which is possible, because ECW doesn't have a top heel and he can be that.

I don't like Shelton Benjamin's move to ECW. He was great on there before, but WWE was just shaping him up to return to Smackdown in last year's draft. Upon his draft to Smackdown, he found instant success, but since losing the United States Championship, I only remember him winning maybe only 2 matches. WWE could have easily changed that, but they didn't.

If he must go to ECW, I really hope he gets pushed. Even if he doesn't challenge for or win the ECW Championship, it would be nice to actually see him on ECW week-to-week and win a few times. A face turn wouldn't hurt either.

A wrestler like Shelton would be the perfect champion for ECW. He's over for some unknown reason but he underachieves. A ECW title reign and top spot on the brand should make him raise his game.

I think shelton could be ecw champ in the near future. now ecw dosnt have any top heels, as swagger,henry went to raw, and its been revealed the hart dynasty has gone to smackdown. so i guess this means shelton could be the top heel on ecw. that said i like the move

If this doesn't lead to world tittle shots for Sheldon then I'm jumping out the window....maybe not at NoC but SS would be great.

I see shelton doing very well. He might get a title shot at night of champions because who else would really be a contender?? Zack Ryder? Dj Garbiel? You could even throw in Christian and make it a triple threat match. Shelton could actually win because Dreamers already had two good wins defending the belt.

Here's Benjamin the man who's done nothing for months, now being billed as the next ECW champion? WHy teh hell should he get a title match at NOC? He shouldn't, I was really getting into ECW as well, this has knocked it down slightly. Hopefully Benjamin's ECW run is better than his last one :/

I'm interested to see what he does there. His last stint there was pretty good. I think that he can have cool feud with Christian...

i agree on that myself... actually that was the first thing came to mind when i seen benjamin was traded

VERY excited about this trade. In fact, it might be my overall favorite trade that has happened. I've made it clear that I don't give a shit if its considered "the cool thing" or not, but I'm a big fan of Shelton's in ring work. I agree with the naysayers that he's not the best on the mic, but it seems like those people are always willing to overlook that not every main event talent could pull off a performance like The Rock. Shelton's good enough to get his point of view across and back it all up in the ring. The only times I've ever been annoyed with a Shelton match is when he's been facing people that I'm always bored with - people like Finlay and HHH. And no, I'm not a "spot monkey ****e", because if you TRULY look at Shelton's matches, its not spot after spot, but actual wrestling. We're not looking at Rey Mysterio here.

Shelton has a great opportunity here to make a name for himself as the top heel on the brand. I'd love to see him be the one to take the title away from Tommy and start a feud with Christian. As much as I like Shelton, I don't think he's ready for the main event yet, and this is the perfect way to test that out. Big fish, small pond scenario. On ECW, Shelton is the top dog, and he could have a long reign as champion. I don't think Shelton/Goldust or Shelton/Dreamer will be great feuds, but that's because of Goldust and Dreamer, meanwhile I'm really looking forward to Shelton/Christian.

Great move. I'm really looking forward to the consequences. :)

I think the real question here is, what is going to happen to Charlie Haas now that he's alone on Smackdown. All signs point to jobber status but maybe WWE can actually give him a chance to build himself up in the IC division. Okay back to Benjamin.

I see this being real good for Benjamin. I don't think he is top heel yet cause um did we forget William Regal is part of that ECW roster as well? I definitely would like to see Benjamin eventually inserted into the ECW title picture but for now let him rally a few wins to work his way to the belt. Shelton is amazing in my opinion and it's only a matter of time before The Gold Standard holds the ECWWE title. Even though I want him to be built towards the ECW title why would it be a problem for him to be in the picture once he starts wrestling on there? I mean have we forgotten that our current ECW champ was being buried/jobbing for years before this current title reign? I'd like to think Shelton has accomplished a lot more in that same time.

I could care less about him at this point. He's just sort of there but no longer a hot prospect at all. He was pegged as a good pro-wrestler because he was good at legit wrestling and a good athlete. That's all well and good but a pro-wrestling champion it does not make. Luckily, Shelton figured out the basics of pro-wrestling and at times shows flashes of brilliance in putting together a match. He had a match with Undertaker recently that illustrated just that. But I have him pegged as a midcarder for life. No real flair and poor mic skills. He's set to become a gatekeeper for life or a tag wrestler for life. If anyone expects any more, they should cut their losses right now.

I'm shocked someone in this thread picked on Mysterio when looking for an example of a spot monkey as he's evolved into so much more, but that's for another thread.

ECW is exactly where Shelton needs to be at this point. Had they not taken him out before, he may have come along very nicely. What I mean is that he would have progressed more than he has now. Honestly he is getting better at "sounding" more convincing. His bit on R-Truth was well rehearsed. Shleton has a tendency to sound like a robot at times. He may be breaking that habit, and its about time.

A feud with Christian would be ideal, and I think that means Tommy has to give up the gold at some point. Shleton and Chrisitian may be exciting. It won't be the greatest feud, but it is something that could carry the show for a few weeks.

Apparently creative has nothing for him. I may be too quick to judge, but one kick from a super mario character? Cya Shelton. :icon_cry:

u cant exactly call him a super mario character,shelton just delivered the best promo hes ever given,& u havent seen anything from luigi i mean yoshi tatsu

Wow yeah, what a great way to start your monumental push in ECW Shelton, firstly being incredibly racist, though he did get a reaction, something which is rare for him. Then he gets beat in about 30 seconds by a guy who is debuting?

Future endeavours is soon to follow methinks.

i completely agree with you shelton has been completely burried...at one point he was

being praised for his imporovement on his work ethic and they were even telling mvp to

be more like him...now all of a sudden hes been banished back to ecw and even jobbed

to a new comer..i just dont get it..the guy has all the tallent in the world and to be quite

honest isn't that bad on the mic..did you see the promo he cut on R-Truth his last night

on smackdown?

Jesus Christ how many times can they screw this phenomenal athlete over? He loses to the new guy in less then 10 seconds. Wasn't this the guy who gave shawn michaels one of the best matches he's ever been in? Now he's jobbing to new guys from FCW. This is BS. Once that contracts up he needs to call up Jeff Jarett

Jesus Christ how many times can they screw this phenomenal athlete over? He loses to the new guy in less then 10 seconds. Wasn't this the guy who gave shawn michaels one of the best matches he's ever been in? Now he's jobbing to new guys from FCW. This is BS. Once that contracts up he needs to call up Jeff Jarett

Wait, that amazing athlete hardly ever gets a reaction, he is a shit stick worker and his matches are pretty pathetic. He is spotty as hell among a million other things. Also, that Michaels match wouldn't even be in the top 10 in Michaels career. It's probably Benjamins best match, but it doesn't make it Shawns.

Hopefully he gets released, he's been picking up an undeserved check for years. It is finally time to release him.

See ya on the unemployment line Shelton...

Joking, right? It was a solid TV match, and it was mainly good because it was with Shawn Michaels. He can make pretty much anyone look good. To say his and Shelton's "gave" HBK one of his best is simply laughable. I'd love to see you rank that match on HBK's greatest list, that one would have been in the cellar.

And Shelton won't call anyone. He doesn't give a shit. That's his entire problem, and the main reason he hasn't went anywhere.

EDIT: GODDAMMIT Brian. Beat me to the punch :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back