• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus Wants to Kick The Undertaker's Arse at Wrestlemania, fella!

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus took part in a Q&A with DigitalSpy.com.

He was asked if he could wrestle anyone in the history of wrestling, who would it be?

"I definitely think The Undertaker. The Undertaker is the one I want for WrestleMania XXIX or XXX. Obviously something like that would be - his streak - no-one has ever beaten him on his streak and I could be the first to ever do that."

I like Sheamus, doing a solid job as World Heavyweight Champion, has improved in some departments, on occasion can be somewhat humorous, he is Irish and I used to watch him when he was shit, so I saw the worst of him and the Brogue Kick despite being a simple Bicycle Kick has caught on for me.

But I'm not too keen on Sheamus versus The Undertaker for a Wrestlemania. Opinion could change in a year and It'd be nice to see Taker face some younger competitors now that Triple H and Shawn have been disposed of, but is Sheamus one of the younger guys I'd like to see him face? Not really.

Obviously I don't agree with his idea of him being the one to beat Taker but I wouldn't mind seeing this match. Personally I don't expect to see many younger guys getting put over in Taker Mania matches, It'd be great but at this point I think we'll just be seeing him build his legacy with matches against bigger names like in his last few. If any young guys were to do it I'd like to see Barrett, Ziggler or Sheamus. Older guys I'm still looking for Jericho vs Taker because that would be a fantastic match, or Christian, Cena or Rock.

Hey guys, remember me? I was the one that wanted to see this match take place at last years show.

That being said, I did enjoy the Hell in a Cell match.

I guess what I'm saying is let's make it happen in three years.

Hey guys, remember me? I was the one that wanted to see this match take place at last years show.

That being said, I did enjoy the Hell in a Cell match.

I guess what I'm saying is let's make it happen in three years.

I fully expect Taker to still be going in three years actually, with his performance last year and the fact he does nothing for ten months at a time, and is expected to wrestle a match a year, the Streak could continue for years.

The Undertaker is too far above Sheamus for that match to happen at WrestleMania. Which is just sad considering Sheamus is one of their world champions.

I'd rather see Sheamus versus Undertaker than Lesnar versus Undertaker.

I don't think Sheamus would try to kill or hurt 'Taker as he is less stiff than Lesnar is. Honestly, Lesnar just bores me in general. He was cool when he debuted back in the day, now he is just meh. I dig Sheamus and a loss or win against 'Taker can be huge for his career. Hopefully Sheamus will still be around for that time to come.

Now he is. But in three years with Sheamus always on TV and taker making one or two appearances a year could work.

You think? I don't. I can't see anybody in this climate becoming a star on the level of a Triple H, Rock, Austin, Lesnar. Not now and not in three years. And those are realistically the only caliber of wrestlers fans would accept as an opponent for him.

A Sheamus/Taker feud would be fine but nobody would accept it at Mania.

HBK didn't apply the most comfortable looking STF the business has ever seen. Also, I don't think the most protected wrestler in WWE should sell a move like the 5 Knuckle Shuffle. Or The People's Elbow for that matter.

Regardless, Cena should still face Taker at Mania.

You think? I don't. I can't see anybody in this climate becoming a star on the level of a Triple H, Rock, Austin, Lesnar. Not now and not in three years. And those are realistically the only caliber of wrestlers fans would accept as an opponent for him.

A Sheamus/Taker feud would be fine but nobody would accept it at Mania.

It's not so much that Sheamus would be on Taker's level, although in three years time, I'm sure it could happen if the stars lined perfectly. It's more of a Taker won't mean as much in three years if he only has three matches between then and now.

It's not that he's going to be obscure and irrelevant, he'll still be extremely popular, but it's going to slowly diminish with time.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is the gap between Sheamus and Taker could be closer in three years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back