Shanna 'Portugals Perfect Athlete': A New Knockout

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
qGij76D.png

This week's TNA Xplosion saw the debut of yet a new Knockout in the form of Shanna, a Portuguese wrestler who I happen to know. She's been making his name in Europe in promotions such as EVE where she wrestled some of the best female workers in the business including WWE's own Paige. Now, I know I'm going to biased because she's a really cool girl and she worked his ass of to get this opportunity but I really enjoyed the match and I think that TNA should really give her a try, mainly because she can work inside that squared circle. She also trained under the tutelage of TNA's own Rockstar Spud as well as WP (Wrestling Portugal).

Gail Kim did a good job selling to her and working the crowd and to at an extent make her look good in the process. She's very attractive and she was the runner up of TNA's Gut Check Competition which probably can help her get a contract. Now a signing for a company has a lot of problems, mainly the ones that means that she would have to move to the United States and for a "indy" worker and specially in Europe it's a pretty big changd. Shanna can speak portuguese, french and english so I could see management actually giving her a good look.

Hopefully some of you can become Shanna's fans. Tell me what you think about the match and what do you think TNA should do about Shanna's possible signing.

[YOUTUBE]iUv3kIFMI4w[/YOUTUBE]

I thought she was good, not great. I had never heard of her before. Compared to most of the Knockouts they bring in for one and done (like during Gail's open challenge), she would have been the best of that group (well until Madison of course. haha).

I still think they would be better served by bringing back Sarita, Rosita, Roxxi, and Cheerleader Melissa than having new people that aren't as seasoned. I'm all for "rookies" to TNA (like I am LOVING EC3), but I want a certain level of polish, and as well as Shanna did in this match; there were a few missed timed moves.

However, with all of that being said, if TNA did sign her, I wouldn't be upset. I would like to see where they would go with her character. Thanks for posting this. I do not watch Xplosion so I hadn't heard of her.

Didn't know I had a portuguese countrymama in TNA... it's the first since Justin Credible's Portuguese Man-o-War gimmick.
Never thought I would have a reason to tune in to TNA :lmao:

Just watched the match... and I liked it... sure beats a standard WWE Divas match

It's nice to see that TNA actually cares about putting on a decent show. Like Henrique said, this match beats a standard WWE Divas match. Why does it? Because it looks like Gail Kim and Shanna actually put more than five minutes of preparation into the match. Not that anyone with an attention span would ever question why anything looks better than a WWE Divas match, I just really wanted to compliment Gail Kim.

She looks like she really does have a future in the mainstream of Women's wrestling, which basically means that she should never work for the WWE. Female wrestlers are today what cruiser-weight wrestlers were during the mid 90's, they're a unique niche that you'll only be able to enjoy if you avoid the WWE at all costs. I'll be keeping an eye out for Shanna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back