Scott Steiner-MEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadmw

Getting Noticed By Management
SO after watching IMPACT last night and Steiner mentioning how Hogan should be a member of the MEM (At least that's what I think he said, he is very hard to understand), do you think someone should tell Steiner that the MEM is no more.

Booker is gone
Nash is suspended
Angle is working a face program against Wolfe
Joe is working alone against AJ and Daniels

I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity of TNA....
But in all reality....
Sting was face for most of his MEM run.....
Nash won't be suspended forever.....
Joe has never really stood next to the MEM in battle....
And Booker T sucks and should retire before his name is dirt!

But hogan MEM....? Sound somewat familaur...? nWo

I know, I think it was JB who said the same thing to Steiner last week or the week before. Something along the lines that the MEM is no more. Steiner said that as long as he was in TNA, he would keep the MEM alive. It's a weak angle, but creative probably can't find anything else for him.

You're right...Booker's gone, and Angle Nash & Joe are all working different programs. I didn't even know Nash was suspended, he was on last week's impact to confront EY. Even so, it seems like Angle & Nash have turned face.

Obviously the MEM is dead, but they have Steiner still talking about it for some reason. I don't know why yet, but they should just let it die already.

I’m not sure when he said it, but I think Scott Steiner is Main Event Mafia…by himself for now. I’d love to see Scott get a couple of his buddies back together and reform the M. E. Mob. Let’s see, who could he get??

The Icon of the WWF, Hulk Hogan!!

The Icon of NWA, Ric Flair!!

The Icon of WCW, Sting!!

And last, but not least, (okay least, but that’s not the point)...

The Icon of TNA, Jeff Jarrett!!

Now that is the a group of “Names” bigger than the Four Horsemen, New World Order, D-Generation X, Evolution, and the Main Event Mafia itself, combined!! Imagine these 5 guys together looking for “Respect”. I’m buying that damn T-Shirt as soon as it comes out!! HA#@!!

this would be the most idiotic, stupidest thing TNA could do.

1. Hogan and Steiner in a stable? they're both slow and very bad in the ring, i dread to even think about Hogan working on that horrid ring too. would Hogan manage Steiner? having 2 slow guys who have bad body parts (Steiner's back, Hogan's legs) and can't work would be a really bad thing. Steiner was not a big part of the nWo when he was in it, he was the 5th or 6th wheel at best and this was when the nWo Elite was in play. he was down the ladder when he was in nWo Hollywood behind Hogan, Outsiders, Giant, etc.

2. the MEM is dead. Hogan's probably gonna be a face and shoot down the suggestion, that's the only way to make a mark. this "big event" of Hogan joining TNA is somewhat of a face advertise. if Hogan is face then suddenly wants to turn heel, the reaction would water down and die.

3. the MEM was already old as dinosaurs, they don't need the first dino to be in it. if you exchange Booker for Hogan, it'd be a very lopsided trade. you'd want Booker if only for ring work. Hogan is more of a name now, he cannot and should not work.

He pointed it out sometime after BFG. He say that as long as he was there so was the MEM. I think it would be funny if when he come's out, the announcer bill's him as "Still Representing The Main Event Mafia". But yeah, I like how he's working right now. I doubt we'll see the MEM again but him declaring himself as the sole member and hinting Hulk Hogan is drawing heat. So I think the idea is working. Let's see where it goes.

My guess would be Steiner's days are numbered in TNA, with Hogan in control and him bringing Flair in possible, Steiner won't stay. He's stated his distaste for Hogan, and Flair many times, and everyone knows Hogan has to big of an ego to want to stand up beside a 40 sum year old cripple. Steiner needs to retire, his Big Bad Booty Daddy routin is way over, it never worked, honestly Steiner has never been nothing more, than a piece of a wheel and his best moments were with his brother. He can't cut an understanding promo, and he's so out of it he probably doesn't know the MEM is done. Or Maybe he'll make a new MEM, Hogan will do a new NWO, and Flair will bring in a new 4 Horsemen. Which faction is the best there, all new and modern. If the creative geniuses over at TNA could work that up, it could lead them to the TOP of the wrestling business. Until Vince get's pissed and buys TNA at least.

I think it be real great to bring bak NWO 2 but now its going to b call M.E.M remember Nash is going to be suspended that long and kurt will still be there and Booker is gone but Samoa Joe is still going to be there after Turning Point so most likely it could happen but I doubt it.

I like how he is keeping MEM alive. Its funny. We all know its dead, and he knows its dead, but its entertaining because Steiner babbles every time he's on the mic. His character right now is delusional. He thinks Lashley's wife wants him and he thinks the MEM is still alive. I like how he still puts it over as a stable and he's clearly the only guy in it. His promos make me laugh every time. I don't know why people don't like Steiner...he is very entertaining to me.

You got to give Steiner credit, he has been good in the ring lately. But this angle their working with him & Lashley sucks. It's stupid and they need to leave Lashley's wife out of it. It's recycled Kurt/Karen Angle crap. As far as the MEM goes, maybe Steiner's keeping it going because it's coming back around in the future. Personally, as tired of the MEM as I was, it was better than the sh**ty storylines that's going on now!

The Main Event Mafia is dead (Thank God. Another Vince Russo megastable idea up in flames). They've moved Angle, Nash and Joe onto other programs. Booker T is gone. If the only thing they can give to Steiner is a "I'll keep the MEM alive" angle, it's a good sign that he's all but gone.

The idea of Hulk Hogan Inc. going to the MEM is absurd. Why? First, because that stable is dead and gone (Hopefully).

Secondly, Hulk Hogan Inc. hates Vince Russo with every bone in his body. And I believe that the MEM was a Russo creation, so don't expect Hulk Hogan Inc. to give anything Russo creates credit.

Third, we all know Hulk Hogan Inc. gets whatever he wants and with everything going on in his life right now, I doubt you'll ever see him as a heel again. He just went through a very public and bitter divorce, his daughter's singing career is all but a bust (she's nothing but a B-list VH-1 "Celebreality" face now) and don't forget everything that went on with with Nick. The LAST thing he wants to do is look like a bad guy/heel in public right now.

As you may have guessed, I don't like Russo or Hogan. I liked Hogan back in the 80s and 90s, and I liked Russo in his early WCW days. I also don't like Hogan being given the keys to TNA, but I'm not getting on that soapbox right now.

SO after watching IMPACT last night and Steiner mentioning how Hogan should be a member of the MEM (At least that's what I think he said, he is very hard to understand), do you think someone should tell Steiner that the MEM is no more.

Booker is gone
Nash is suspended
Angle is working a face program against Wolfe
Joe is working alone against AJ and Daniels

LOL.. wow, this is exactly what i mentioned to a friend yesterday, after watching the Steiner promo

I told him that i was confused and thought MEM was history but steiner keeps walking around talking about the group and wearing the shirts and things.. and i mentioned exactly what you just said about the members :)

I just assumed it was because Steiner's horrible on the mic and always has been.

He's cocky about himself as a person cos of the arms so speaks with confidence, he just has never known what to say so he kinda says any words that come into his head and gets a lot of them wrong. I figured he was just used to being in the MEM so said it out of panic... but he's wearing the jacket still. As ******ed as he may be I doubt he fails to notice what clothes he puts on in the morning.

This is apparently instead a storyline and will likely lead to Hogan being courted or challenged by various big-name players (including Steiner) all at once to try and create suspense as the crowd cheer and boo accordingly before the Hulkster drops legs on all the heels and poses.

Most of you are over thinking this angle.

Scott Steiner has made a career of being a delusional meat-head that lives in the past. This is barely an angle. It is simply just Scott Steiner not accepting the fact that the Main Event Mafia is done. THAT IS IT. Hogan has nothing to do with it and it's most likely not going to lead to a M.E.M. 2.

It's very realistic. Wouldn't it be weird if ALL 3 members beside Angle and Booker T suddenly stop caring about the Main Event Mafia. Nash and Joe were okay with it but Steiner obviously isn't. It's in his character to be delusional.

I find it an interesting aspect to Steiner in a time where he otherwise would just be another guy right now.

It gives Steiner a much more interesting and bitter dimension. The Main Event Mafia is obviously dead, although they didn't really end it with the bang that they should have done. Now that it is done and dusted, they want to keep Steiner heel, so they have to keep him living the deal. It's quite good, and Steiner plays the desperado quite well. I sincerely doubt the Main Event Mafia will ever be anything else but Scott Steiner complaining from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back