• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Save Something For PPV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
So this week on iMPACT it was Booker vs. Styles. One of the only matches in TNA that hasn't already happened about 50 times. So waht does TNA do? They put it on free TV. Pintless. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it was a good match. But it's one that should have been on PPV. It will be in a few months, yet it won't have the same appeal, it's already happened.

It's ok to give fans big matches on TV sometimes. But not every week, with little to no build. There are plenty of matches that Booker could have had. New ones, or they could have had him in a match that's happened lots of times. But having one that has potential to get people to buy a show is a waste of time. There's no incentive to buy a PPV, when you get more on TV. I doubt the match even has an effect on ratings.

So this week on iMPACT it was Booker vs. Styles. One of the only matches in TNA that hasn't already happened about 50 times. So waht does TNA do? They put it on free TV. Pintless. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it was a good match. But it's one that should have been on PPV. It will be in a few months, yet it won't have the same appeal, it's already happened.

It's ok to give fans big matches on TV sometimes. But not every week, with little to no build. There are plenty of matches that Booker could have had. New ones, or they could have had him in a match that's happened lots of times. But having one that has potential to get people to buy a show is a waste of time. There's no incentive to buy a PPV, when you get more on TV. I doubt the match even has an effect on ratings.

This is something I feel WWE has issues with as well. I watched the match, and you're right. It was a good match. Only issue: Why did this match happen? There was no build, no story to it. Just AJ and Booker wrestling. That's all well and good for lower level guys, but these are two main eventers that are world title contenders. Why would they randomly wrestle each other? I get the concept of the old vs. new, but like Jake said, this is a PPV match. This could easily have been the 2nd biggest match on almost any show TNA had on PPV outside of the world title match. This is the problem in wrestling today to me: It's all about the quick match. Its what happend with Cena and Batista. At least WWE had the sense to put that on the 2nd biggest show of the year.

This is just a stupid decision to make. This may have attracted some people to buy a PPV, but they waste the match on free TV and unless it leads somewhere, they missed a good opportunity for the company. Sometimes, TNA really need to think things through and decide what would be the best for the company. Matches like this are things that would make people buy the PPV, just the two names would influence people to tell their friends and maybe it would bring in more viewers.

Now posted for the second time

This is something I feel WWE has issues with as well. I watched the match, and you're right. It was a good match. Only issue: Why did this match happen? There was no build, no story to it. Just AJ and Booker wrestling. That's all well and good for lower level guys, but these are two main eventers that are world title contenders. Why would they randomly wrestle each other? I get the concept of the old vs. new, but like Jake said, this is a PPV match. This could easily have been the 2nd biggest match on almost any show TNA had on PPV outside of the world title match. This is the problem in wrestling today to me: It's all about the quick match. Its what happend with Cena and Batista. At least WWE had the sense to put that on the 2nd biggest show of the year.

Yeah I agree. But the match on iMPACT wasn't pay per view worthy in my opinion, but maybe they purposely didn't put on a great match so they can get the fans to pay for a better match a few months down the track. Sure it was a decent 10 minute match, but they have already faced each other previously on iMPACT so it didn't bother me this time. I personally don't order TNA pay per views, and it seems I never miss out on too much either. But you look at next week for example, Mick Foley will be officially debuting in TNA. Instead of having that on free t.v, why not make fans pay for it as I'm sure Mick will gain TNA a few extra bucks if he debuted at Bound For Glory.

But I can understand where TNA are coming from here. They are purposely giving us good matches on free tv as they are desperate to gain more viewers to their program. Once they eventually receive more viewers and better ratings, thats when they will start putting good matches on pay per view only as they will gain more profits through their pay per views. So while I do agree with Jake that TNA are giving too much away on the weekly iMPACT instead of saving the matches for the pay per views, but I think TNA is doing it purposely as they need more viewers especially as their ratings haven't increased dramatically for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back